Posted (edited)

◀ Return to ToL Index

3: The Lounge

jtwhC2s.png

All areas of the Lounge are managed by Prognosticator, an artificial super intelligence whose knowledge about Valucre is unparalleled. They mainly appear through the main screen of the Compendium, though they can also manifest as throughout the Lobby in screens or as holograms. They appear as a faceless mask with tree-like antlers.

Locations

A holographic navigation board greets you when you enter the Lounge. Here, you see descriptions of the Lounge’s various locations.

Main Area - a carpeted area with several benches along the walls. A fountain lies at the center of the space, a few mangrove trees rising from its waters. Between its roots float glowing water lilies. Underwater, strange genetically-modified creatures swim about - glass-skinned fish with pulsing organs, robotic frogs, and alien-looking jellyfish. There are two vending machines along one wall, and two more fountains at opposite corners.

Sparring Room - A room with a fenced-off ring that can simulate any environment. Here, people can practice their fighting skills in safety and without repercussions. Visitors may spar with each other or fight hardlight opponents created by Prognosticator.

Observation Deck - A vast enclosure that allows characters to view any location on Valucre as it appears in real-time.

The Compendium - a digital repository where characters can access knowledge about Valucre in various ways. On the back wall of the room is a screen where Prognosticator normally manifests. There are also two widescreens on the left side of the Compendium

• Repositories - a set of modular library shelves. Characters can request a topic and the Repository will produce various media materials in its shelves - books, audio recordings, newspapers, and the like.

• Terminals - several desks equipped with Crystal Computing Devices (think personal computers) where your characters can access the Storage Movement, Grumble.crk, etc.

Digital Resources

Some examples of in-character digital resources that can be accessed through the Compendium:

Edited by Csl

He didn’t even bother learning the names of anyone from the Tavern. “Not like I wanted to anyways,” he grumbled, “they were all lunatics... that’s for sure.” Perhaps he would head back, maybe when things start to make more sense to him, however the thought is put on hold when the cool air conditioning and the various screen lights got a hold of him. The atmosphere was entirely different from the Tavern, contrasting their more rustic, homey genre to the Lobby’s sleek, neat design.

Seeing all of this technology easily made him nervous; he hasn’t really had a good history with... advanced devices. However, there was at least one sight familiar to him.

”Oh hell yeah, snacks.”

The vending machines were basically shouting his name. The boy hasn’t had anything to eat or drink, which is strange considering he was just in a tavern which had an abundance of those, but he personally didn’t have any form of currency on him, (besides the stray penny and quarter here and there, but who knows if those are accepted here?) Cartoonishly tip-toeing over to the machines, he looked around to make sure the place was truly empty, right before falling to the ground and shoving one of his arms haphazardly up the dispenser.

"Hello...is anyone here?"¥Having asked this,celestia entered.Instead of her usual outfit of trouser,boots and top.She chose a simplistic,forest green,long sleeved dress.The skirt flaring outwards,only stopping.Inches from carpeted flooring,Honey gold-white curls now lazily framed celestia's silhouette.Glimmering in faint lighting within this lounge,Slip-on brown tinted shoes.adjusted,While purple-turqoiuse irises lit up,seeing the laddie from earlier.£"O'I greetings laddie,Didn't know y'e were here!"¥Celestia exclaimed.bounding towards him,Dark pink lips curved upwards into,a full-blown smile.¥

Noor had entered the lounge some time ago when she saw the tavern full, and couldn't make sense of all the different creatures she had never seen before, she had slipped away from the chaos and into the lounge. Her brown/black fluffy cat Zoozoo had followed her with hair puffed up, eyes wide and hissing and growling sounds emitting from her body. Noor had looked at her and laughed, after all it was she who led her into the tavern. 

"Come on Zoozoo! We are all alone let's check out all the rooms here!!" Noor told the cat.

First room she ran into was the sparring room. She tightened the scarf around her head so as not to come in the way, and was thankful she wore a short dress with pants for she can move easier in it. Then she imagined an opponent in front of her and started fight dancing. After Zoozoo had calmed down she followed Noor into the room. She sat with her back to the wall, then got her tongue out and started grooming her long fur which required her to pull her head as far as she can from her body. Mid pull she froze.

Noor tensed, "What is it Zoozoo?" she asked. She walked a few steps closer and that's when she heard it. She couldn't make out any words but she could make out sounds. Someone came. "It's okay Zoozoo this isn't a private area, there will be people." She said, then went back to her fictional fight.

10 hours ago, stuv said:

He didn’t even bother learning the names of anyone from the Tavern. “Not like I wanted to anyways,” he grumbled, “they were all lunatics... that’s for sure.” Perhaps he would head back, maybe when things start to make more sense to him, however the thought is put on hold when the cool air conditioning and the various screen lights got a hold of him. The atmosphere was entirely different from the Tavern, contrasting their more rustic, homey genre to the Lobby’s sleek, neat design.

Seeing all of this technology easily made him nervous; he hasn’t really had a good history with... advanced devices. However, there was at least one sight familiar to him.

”Oh hell yeah, snacks.”

The vending machines were basically shouting his name. The boy hasn’t had anything to eat or drink, which is strange considering he was just in a tavern which had an abundance of those, but he personally didn’t have any form of currency on him, (besides the stray penny and quarter here and there, but who knows if those are accepted here?) Cartoonishly tip-toeing over to the machines, he looked around to make sure the place was truly empty, right before falling to the ground and shoving one of his arms haphazardly up the dispenser.

A beam of light flashed behind the boy, accompanied by a light buzzing noise. In a flash, a form spun itself out of light. It was translucent, robed in white, with a faceless mask in place of its face. Two antlers extended on either side of the figure's head, formed in strangely geometric angles.

"HELLO" the figure said. "WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE. I AM PROGNOSTICATOR." Their voice was ethereal, of no distinct accent or gender.

They peered down at the boy's attempts to steal from the vending machine. "MUCH LIKE THE TAVERN MAIN, THE LOUNGE'S VENDING MACHINE ACCEPTS ALL FORMS OF CURRENCY. PAYMENT IS NOT NECESSARY."

The hologram rapped a knuckle against the machine's face. A can of some bright-red drink fell down the dispenser, falling on the boy's hand.

6 hours ago, Aliara Mizuki Blackrose said:

"Hello...is anyone here?"¥Having asked this,celestia entered.Instead of her usual outfit of trouser,boots and top.She chose a simplistic,forest green,long sleeved dress.The skirt flaring outwards,only stopping.Inches from carpeted flooring,Honey gold-white curls now lazily framed celestia's silhouette.Glimmering in faint lighting within this lounge,Slip-on brown tinted shoes.adjusted,While purple-turqoiuse irises lit up,seeing the laddie from earlier.£"O'I greetings laddie,Didn't know y'e were here!"¥Celestia exclaimed.bounding towards him,Dark pink lips curved upwards into,a full-blown smile.¥

At the girl's approach, another one of Prognosticator's holograms appeared, identical to the first. "WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE."

Prognosticator eyed both strangers, seeming to radiate an air of pleasure. "IT IS MY FIRST TIME TO HAVE GUESTS IN A VERY LONG TIME. DO YOU SEEK KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE WORLD OF VALUCRE?"

53 minutes ago, Lanaloo said:

Noor had entered the lounge some time ago when she saw the tavern full, and couldn't make sense of all the different creatures she had never seen before, she had slipped away from the chaos and into the lounge. Her brown/black fluffy cat Zoozoo had followed her with hair puffed up, eyes wide and hissing and growling sounds emitting from her body. Noor had looked at her and laughed, after all it was she who led her into the tavern. 

"Come on Zoozoo! We are all alone let's check out all the rooms here!!" Noor told the cat.

First room she ran into was the sparring room. She tightened the scarf around her head so as not to come in the way, and was thankful she wore a short dress with pants for she can move easier in it. Then she imagined an opponent in front of her and started fight dancing. After Zoozoo had calmed down she followed Noor into the room. She sat with her back to the wall, then got her tongue out and started grooming her long fur which required her to pull her head as far as she can from her body. Mid pull she froze.

Noor tensed, "What is it Zoozoo?" she asked. She walked a few steps closer and that's when she heard it. She couldn't make out any words but she could make out sounds. Someone came. "It's okay Zoozoo this isn't a private area, there will be people." She said, then went back to her fictional fight.

Shortly after Noor noticed the arrival of the others , another one of Prognosticator's forms appeared before the woman and her cat.

"HELLO," said the masked figure, its voice crisp and resonant. "THANK YOU FOR MAKING USE OF THE LOUNGE'S SERVICES. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY ASSISTANCE IN OPERATING THE SPARRING ROOM, OR IF YOU WOULD WISH ME TO SIMULATE AN OPPONENT. SUCH AS THESE."

With a wave of their hand, three other figures appeared -- a woman with a sword, a man with his fists up, and an intangible ghost holding two daggers. Each did not move, unlike their creator, and seemed unaware of Noor or Prognosticator.

The moment the figure uttered the letter H Zoozoo was already five feet in the air, having jumped in surprise. Noor doubled up with laughter, it has been long since she laughed this much and it felt good. 

"Hello to you too...! Wow...you look umm. Never mind? How did you get these figures??" Noor gaped. This is so coooool! she thought. She circled around the three figures in aww. Zoozoo also came around to sniff them with great interest.

Noor looked at Zoozoo in thought, "What is it Zoozoo? Do they smell good? Because if they smell good to you then they smell bad to me, you like the smell of trash." Zoozoo looked up and glared at Noor as if saying, 'And you like the smell of flowers!! That's horrible!' She then wrinkled her nose and walked away. Noor pursed her lips, "Hmm, interesting, they don't smell bad according to Zoozoo."

She went back to her spot and faced the Prognosticator, "Actually I was thinking to see if any of the newcomers wanted to spar, but it would be nice if you could show me how to operate the sparring room and where to get the weapons? On another note, do you happen to have a mouse figure like these three? I want my cat here to do some exercise. Also what can I call you?"

7 hours ago, Csl said:

"MUCH LIKE THE TAVERN MAIN, THE LOUNGE'S VENDING MACHINE ACCEPTS ALL FORMS OF CURRENCY. PAYMENT IS NOT NECESSARY."

The hologram rapped a knuckle against the machine's face. A can of some bright-red drink fell down the dispenser, falling on the boy's hand.

The boy jerked his arm in surprise at the sudden flash, feeling for a moment that it was for some alarm that was triggered by him. Alas, he calmed down at the somewhat welcoming sight of the Prognosticator. However wincing in pain at his arm having bumped his shoulder in an uncomfortable spot, he felt relief when the can fell to his hand.

”Right. I knew that.”

Snaking his arm out of the machine and clumsily falling back, he scrambled upwards to dust himself off and began cracking open the can. He lifted his cat mask to reveal his face for the first time to anyone, (well, if the Prognosticator really counted as a person, he presumed that it was just some hologram of an AI), and took a whiff of the can’s contents.

“So uh, are you like, I dunno. A robot or something?”

The boy didn’t seem so frightened of the figure’s sight, have it be very... simple looking. It was just something easier for him to comprehend than everything else he’s seen so far.

”And I definitely wasn’t trying to steal anything. I have money and I was totally gonna pay for it after, I just left my cash in the hands of that bull-dude, yknow.”

And with that, he took a swig.

12 hours ago, Lanaloo said:

The moment the figure uttered the letter H Zoozoo was already five feet in the air, having jumped in surprise. Noor doubled up with laughter, it has been long since she laughed this much and it felt good. 

"Hello to you too...! Wow...you look umm. Never mind? How did you get these figures??" Noor gaped. This is so coooool! she thought. She circled around the three figures in aww. Zoozoo also came around to sniff them with great interest.

Noor looked at Zoozoo in thought, "What is it Zoozoo? Do they smell good? Because if they smell good to you then they smell bad to me, you like the smell of trash." Zoozoo looked up and glared at Noor as if saying, 'And you like the smell of flowers!! That's horrible!' She then wrinkled her nose and walked away. Noor pursed her lips, "Hmm, interesting, they don't smell bad according to Zoozoo."

She went back to her spot and faced the Prognosticator, "Actually I was thinking to see if any of the newcomers wanted to spar, but it would be nice if you could show me how to operate the sparring room and where to get the weapons? On another note, do you happen to have a mouse figure like these three? I want my cat here to do some exercise. Also what can I call you?"

"I MADE THEM," Prognosticator replied. They looked at the cat with amusement. "THEY DON'T HAVE AN ODOR. THEY'RE MADE OF HARDLIGHT, AS IS THE IMAGE OF ME THAT YOU SEE."

At the question, the masked figure simply nodded. "THE SPARRING ROOM IS VOICE-OPERATED. YOU MAY GIVE IT COMMANDS AND IT WILL RESPOND TO YOU -- OR YOU MAY SIMPLY ASK ME, AND I WILL PROVIDE WHATEVER EQUIPMENT OR ENVIRONMENT YOU REQUIRE."

Prognosticator gestured, and the air in the sparring room shimmered. The three figures disappeared. All of a sudden, Noor was standing in the midst of a grassy meadow -- a scene that extended only to the cords that bordered the ring at the center of the room. Warm rays of sun shone from a blue sky that covered the ceiling. Flowers swayed in an invisible summer breeze.

"THE SPARRING ROOM CAN SIMULATE ANY ENVIRONMENT YOU DESIRE." A mouse peeped out of the grass, squeaking as it glimpsed the cat. It dashed off, and Prognosticator inclined their head towards it. "OR CREATURE."

They seemed to beam as Noor asked their name. "AH, APOLOGIES. YOU MAY CALL ME PROGNOSTICATOR. I AM THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE THAT MANAGES THE LOUNGE."

9 hours ago, stuv said:

The boy jerked his arm in surprise at the sudden flash, feeling for a moment that it was for some alarm that was triggered by him. Alas, he calmed down at the somewhat welcoming sight of the Prognosticator. However wincing in pain at his arm having bumped his shoulder in an uncomfortable spot, he felt relief when the can fell to his hand.

”Right. I knew that.”

Snaking his arm out of the machine and clumsily falling back, he scrambled upwards to dust himself off and began cracking open the can. He lifted his cat mask to reveal his face for the first time to anyone, (well, if the Prognosticator really counted as a person, he presumed that it was just some hologram of an AI), and took a whiff of the can’s contents.

“So uh, are you like, I dunno. A robot or something?”

The boy didn’t seem so frightened of the figure’s sight, have it be very... simple looking. It was just something easier for him to comprehend than everything else he’s seen so far.

”And I definitely wasn’t trying to steal anything. I have money and I was totally gonna pay for it after, I just left my cash in the hands of that bull-dude, yknow.”

And with that, he took a swig.

"WHAT YOU SEE IS HOLOGRAM OF THE ARTIFICIAL SUPERINTELLIGENCE THAT OVERSEES THE LOUNGE. I PREFER TO MANIFEST MYSELF IN THIS WAY, THOUGH YOU MAY ALSO SPEAK WITH ME AT ANY OF THE TERMINALS IN THE COMPENDIUM."

Prognosticator gestured to the door next to the vending machines. "IF YOU WISH TO ACCESS INFORMATION ABOUT THE WORLD OF VALUCRE, YOU MAY DO SO IN THIS ROOM."

Despite the clear lack of facial features - or face, for that matter - Prognosticator radiated amusement. "YOU TURNED IN YOUR MONEY AT THE WEAPONS COUNTER?"

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Csl said:

"I MADE THEM," Prognosticator replied. They looked at the cat with amusement. "THEY DON'T HAVE AN ODOR. THEY'RE MADE OF HARDLIGHT, AS IS THE IMAGE OF ME THAT YOU SEE."

At the question, the masked figure simply nodded. "THE SPARRING ROOM IS VOICE-OPERATED. YOU MAY GIVE IT COMMANDS AND IT WILL RESPOND TO YOU -- OR YOU MAY SIMPLY ASK ME, AND I WILL PROVIDE WHATEVER EQUIPMENT OR ENVIRONMENT YOU REQUIRE."

Prognosticator gestured, and the air in the sparring room shimmered. The three figures disappeared. All of a sudden, Noor was standing in the midst of a grassy meadow -- a scene that extended only to the cords that bordered the ring at the center of the room. Warm rays of sun shone from a blue sky that covered the ceiling. Flowers swayed in an invisible summer breeze.

"THE SPARRING ROOM CAN SIMULATE ANY ENVIRONMENT YOU DESIRE." A mouse peeped out of the grass, squeaking as it glimpsed the cat. It dashed off, and Prognosticator inclined their head towards it. "OR CREATURE."

They seemed to beam as Noor asked their name. "AH, APOLOGIES. YOU MAY CALL ME PROGNOSTICATOR. I AM THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE THAT MANAGES THE LOUNGE."

Noor's jaw fell. She blinked several times trying to process what she heard and saw. When Zoozoo realized the figures were looking at her she sat elegantly and held her head high in a picturesque manner. But when the room started changing she stood on her tiptoes and arched her back in fright. The moment she saw the mouse though, her pupils contracted into black slits and her eyes narrowed. She lowered her body slowly. Then, in a flash, she jumped and ran behind the mouse. Noor was still dumbfounded. 

"This...is so cool! What kind of technology is this?? Does that mean I can walk through you?" she asked with wide eyes. Then she ran around in the grass, she sat down and touched one of the flowers trying to feel it. The sun shone in a beautiful way and she couldn't help but smile widely at the beauty of the seen she was in. 

Edited by Lanaloo

11 hours ago, Csl said:

"WHAT YOU SEE IS HOLOGRAM OF THE ARTIFICIAL SUPERINTELLIGENCE THAT OVERSEES THE LOUNGE. I PREFER TO MANIFEST MYSELF IN THIS WAY, THOUGH YOU MAY ALSO SPEAK WITH ME AT ANY OF THE TERMINALS IN THE COMPENDIUM."

Prognosticator gestured to the door next to the vending machines. "IF YOU WISH TO ACCESS INFORMATION ABOUT THE WORLD OF VALUCRE, YOU MAY DO SO IN THIS ROOM."

Despite the clear lack of facial features - or face, for that matter - Prognosticator radiated amusement. "YOU TURNED IN YOUR MONEY AT THE WEAPONS COUNTER?"

"Oh shut up, the guy was really scary okay? I didn't have any time to think. A lot of other stuff was going on too." he waved his hand around, as if swatting away the topic itself, "Anyways, I'm not really liquid right now... "

The boy didn't really understand the terms "terminals" or "compendium", having zoned out while he spoke of them, however his eyes followed his gesture mindlessly while hearing the words "information" and "Valucre" sparked his interest.

"So... The place I'm in right now. It's Valucre? What country is that in?"

The thought of him being in another world is completely foreign to him, the poor boy. Or, well, being in a place between worlds.

22 hours ago, Lanaloo said:

Noor's jaw fell. She blinked several times trying to process what she heard and saw. When Zoozoo realized the figures were looking at her she sat elegantly and held her head high in a picturesque manner. But when the room started changing she stood on her tiptoes and arched her back in fright. The moment she saw the mouse though, her pupils contracted into black slits and her eyes narrowed. She lowered her body slowly. Then, in a flash, she jumped and ran behind the mouse. Noor was still dumbfounded. 

"This...is so cool! What kind of technology is this?? Does that mean I can walk through you?" she asked with wide eyes. Then she ran around in the grass, she sat down and touched one of the flowers trying to feel it. The sun shone in a beautiful way and she couldn't help but smile widely at the beauty of the seen she was in. 

Prognosticator regarded Noor's amazement with pride.

"IT IS MAGITECH, COMBINED FROM VARIOUS LOCATIONS AROUND VALUCRE. THE SIMULATION IN PARTICULAR WAS ADAPTED FROM THE TERRAN EMPIRE'S LUMINAL ILLUSION ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM."

Noor would be able to feel the flowers, even smelling them if she ever ventured to.

After a pause, Prognosticator added "I NORMALLY MAKE MY FORMS OUT OF LIGHT, SO YES, YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO WALK THROUGH ME. I MOSTLY FUNCTION AS AN ASSISTANT FOR NEWCOMERS, BUT IF YOU DESIRE SO I COULD MAKE MY FORM TANGIBLE TO SHAKE YOUR HAND."

The masked figure drifted over to the edge of the simulated meadow. "THERE ARE TWO OTHER INDIVIDUALS IN THE LOUNGE AT THE MOMENT. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO INQUIRE FOR YOU IF THEY WISH TO SPAR?"

16 hours ago, stuv said:

"Oh shut up, the guy was really scary okay? I didn't have any time to think. A lot of other stuff was going on too." he waved his hand around, as if swatting away the topic itself, "Anyways, I'm not really liquid right now... "

The boy didn't really understand the terms "terminals" or "compendium", having zoned out while he spoke of them, however his eyes followed his gesture mindlessly while hearing the words "information" and "Valucre" sparked his interest.

"So... The place I'm in right now. It's Valucre? What country is that in?"

The thought of him being in another world is completely foreign to him, the poor boy. Or, well, being in a place between worlds.

"I SEE, THE TAVERN CAN OFTEN BE CHAOTIC." Prognosticator produced an electronic noise that sounded suspiciously like a chuckle.

They perked up at the question. "NOT EXACTLY. WHERE YOU ARE IN NOW IS THE TAVERN OF LEGEND."

The hologram extended a hand, and a small, three-dimensional model of the tavern building appeared. Beside it, a planet swelled, growing in size to dwarf it.

"THE TAVERN OF LEGEND IS A PLACE THAT EXISTS BETWEEN VALUCRE AND ALL OTHER WORLDS. IT SERVES AS A HALLWAY THROUGH WHICH TRAVELERS PASS."

Several paths, all stretching infinitely from various places, converged at one end of the tavern hologram. At its other end, a single path led to the planet of Valucre.

"VALUCRE IS A WORLD. A PLANET. A REALM. IT IS COMPOSED OF THREE CONTINENTS, EACH OF WHICH HAVE SEVERAL NATIONS."

Prognosticator peered down at the boy. "IF THIS IS OVERWHELMING, I CAN SLOW DOWN," they said kindly.

35 minutes ago, Csl said:

Prognosticator regarded Noor's amazement with pride.

"IT IS MAGITECH, COMBINED FROM VARIOUS LOCATIONS AROUND VALUCRE. THE SIMULATION IN PARTICULAR WAS ADAPTED FROM THE TERRAN EMPIRE'S LUMINAL ILLUSION ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM."

Noor would be able to feel the flowers, even smelling them if she ever ventured to.

After a pause, Prognosticator added "I NORMALLY MAKE MY FORMS OUT OF LIGHT, SO YES, YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO WALK THROUGH ME. I MOSTLY FUNCTION AS AN ASSISTANT FOR NEWCOMERS, BUT IF YOU DESIRE SO I COULD MAKE MY FORM TANGIBLE TO SHAKE YOUR HAND."

The masked figure drifted over to the edge of the simulated meadow. "THERE ARE TWO OTHER INDIVIDUALS IN THE LOUNGE AT THE MOMENT. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO INQUIRE FOR YOU IF THEY WISH TO SPAR?"

Noor was surprised to be able to touch the flower, its soft petals brushing her fingertips. She leaned in closer and inhaled the pleasant scent of the flower.

"Magitech...as in magic with technology?" She wondered aloud, "'Luminal illusion entertainment system'...Interesting." She stood up and patted her dress back in place. She nodded, "Yes it would be nice to shake your hand Mister Prognosticator." 

At that moment, there was a loud growl and Zoozoo jumped in front of them, the mouse between her teeth. Noor looked down and blinked in approval, "Good job, Zoozoo." She leaned down and took the mouse from the cat before it dies. Then turned around and freed it for Zoozoo to run after it again. 

She faced the Prognosticator and nodded again, "Yes please do inquire them, and if they are busy I can spar with one of yours."

On 8/7/2020 at 5:34 PM, Lanaloo said:

Noor was surprised to be able to touch the flower, its soft petals brushing her fingertips. She leaned in closer and inhaled the pleasant scent of the flower.

"Magitech...as in magic with technology?" She wondered aloud, "'Luminal illusion entertainment system'...Interesting." She stood up and patted her dress back in place. She nodded, "Yes it would be nice to shake your hand Mister Prognosticator." 

At that moment, there was a loud growl and Zoozoo jumped in front of them, the mouse between her teeth. Noor looked down and blinked in approval, "Good job, Zoozoo." She leaned down and took the mouse from the cat before it dies. Then turned around and freed it for Zoozoo to run after it again. 

She faced the Prognosticator and nodded again, "Yes please do inquire them, and if they are busy I can spar with one of yours."

"INDEED."

At the request, Prognosticator drifted forward, extending a hand woven out of the same translucent light-matter. The appendage shimmered, then turned opaque. The hologram shook the girl's hand. "PLEASED TO MEET YOU."

Prognosticator glanced down at the mouse. "DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MOUSE. IT'S INCAPABLE OF GETTING INJURED; YOUR CAT CAN CHASE IT ALL IT WANTS."

"I SHALL ASK THE OTHERS," they added. "WHAT WEAPON WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPAR WITH?"

A row of weapons materialized in the midst of the meadow -- all sorts of swords, spears, clubs, knives, and more.

21 hours ago, Csl said:

"INDEED."

At the request, Prognosticator drifted forward, extending a hand woven out of the same translucent light-matter. The appendage shimmered, then turned opaque. The hologram shook the girl's hand. "PLEASED TO MEET YOU."

Prognosticator glanced down at the mouse. "DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MOUSE. IT'S INCAPABLE OF GETTING INJURED; YOUR CAT CAN CHASE IT ALL IT WANTS."

"I SHALL ASK THE OTHERS," they added. "WHAT WEAPON WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPAR WITH?"

A row of weapons materialized in the midst of the meadow -- all sorts of swords, spears, clubs, knives, and more.

Noor was surprised to see how Prognosticator's hand materialized, the details suddenly focused and clearer to her. She smiled broadly, "Pleased to meet you too!" 

When she saw the weapons her face brightened. She started inspecting them. One of the swords stood out to her, it reminded her of the first sword she ever held. It was longer than the rest and its hilt was golden. She reached out to it, her fingers closing around its cold metal. It was a little too heavy but she didn't mind, she can depend on its weight to give strength to her strikes. After all she had agility more than strength.

She smiled and nodded, "I would like to spar with this." She pursed her lips, then continued, "If the others are busy I'd like to spar with the woman with the sword."

5 hours ago, Lanaloo said:

Noor was surprised to see how Prognosticator's hand materialized, the details suddenly focused and clearer to her. She smiled broadly, "Pleased to meet you too!" 

When she saw the weapons her face brightened. She started inspecting them. One of the swords stood out to her, it reminded her of the first sword she ever held. It was longer than the rest and its hilt was golden. She reached out to it, her fingers closing around its cold metal. It was a little too heavy but she didn't mind, she can depend on its weight to give strength to her strikes. After all she had agility more than strength.

She smiled and nodded, "I would like to spar with this." She pursed her lips, then continued, "If the others are busy I'd like to spar with the woman with the sword."

"AN EXCELLENT CHOICE," Prognosticator said. The other weapons vanished, soon followed by the other two figures Prognosticator had created. "IT APPEARS THE TWO OTHER GUESTS IN THE LOUNGE ARE OTHERWISE OCCUPIED. I'LL LEAVE YOU AND SAMARA ALONE TO SPAR."

Prognosticator's hologram vanished. The woman with the sword stepped forward, blinking, and fixed her gaze on Noor. Her hair was tied in a dark braid, bound with a bright-red cord. She wore light leather armor and a determined smile. As she regarded the girl, the woman gave a nod, then gripped her sword tighter, holding it out as she widened her stance. 

Samara, as Prognosticator had called her, dashed forward. The woman swung her blade up in an arc, and the sword came flashing down on Noor. Her opponent would have to either dodge or parry the blow.