Posted (edited)

@Csl

He was about to finish the page he was in when a loud voice greeted him.

It startled him, the back of his head was smacked against the shelf he was in.

It took him for a few minutes to recover from the pain he felt, he rubbed his head, making his hair a lot more messier and his little butterfly squeaked and was luckily faster, it flapped it's glowing wings and floating above it's owner.

He groaned from the pain, that was slowly fading away, his book was reading had fallen on his lap.

His ears were ringing from the voice but quickly picked up on the name that voice was introduce itself.

Lyka slowly stood up, his legs was numbed from the way his sitting, while he holds the book he was reading.

His violet butterfly's wings was still glowing, flapping and it asked.

"Are you okay? Your head doesn't hurt anymore?"

Lyka nodded, "Don't worry about me,".

He looked up to the hologram.

"You're the Prognosticator?" He said, with an unimpressive tone. He was used to holograms but not this loud.

"If you are the Prognosticator, then," he quickly grab his notebook from the bag, after he set down the book he was holding in one of the shelf.

"Quick question, do you know how the pocket dimension in the Taen was formed? The bartender in the tavern mentioned it to me, and I was curious how it form that quickly, since the bartender recommended to me to talk you about it."

Edited by JoriusGeizer_69

@JoriusGeizer_69

"YOU'RE IN LUCK," said Prognosticator. "TAEN HAS PLENTY OF DOCUMENTATION SURROUNDING ITS ORIGINS AND ITS NATURE AS A POCKET DIMENSION."

All at once, the shelf was filled with books.

One document, aptly called The Land of Taen, was highlighted by a holographic projection. "THIS IS A SUMMARY OF ALL PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE INFORMATION CONCERNING TAEN," Prognosticator said of it.

The highlight moved to focus on a a thick folder next to it. The words, "The Otherworlder's Guide to Taen" were printed on its cover.

"YOU MAY FIND THIS DOCUMENT MORE USEFUL, AS IT SPEAKS MORE IN DEPTH ABOUT TAEN'S NATURE AS A POCKET DIMENSION AND ITS EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL PROPERTIES."

Prognosticator's hologram settled itself on one of the shelves, assuming the form of a book - its iconic antlered mask remained a glowing sigil on the digital tome's cover.

"TO PUT IT SIMPLY, THE ACTUAL ORIGINS OF TAEN ARE UNCLEAR. IT IS A PLACE THAT HAS LIKELY EXISTED FOR AEONS, THOUGH IT HAS ONLY BECOME ATTACHED TO LAGRIMOSA -- AND THEREFORE VALUCRE -- IN RECENT YEARS. THUS, TO THIS WORLD IT IS NEW, AND DOCUMENTED HISTORY OF THE LAND IS SCARCE, THOUGH THERE ARE SEVERAL RESEARCH SITES WITHIN TAEN ITSELF THAT CONCERN THEMSELVES WITH UNEARTHING ITS UNRECORDED HISTORY."

Posted (edited)

@Csl

Lyka whispered a thanks to the hologram while grabbing the documents that was represented to him, after that he sat down on the floor, setting down his notebook beside him. And opened one of the documents. 

He read the documents quite excessively, absorbing the knowledge within the document like a sponge. While also listening to what the hologram would say about the topic and writing notes about it.

It seems like he need to buy a new notebook after this.

After reading the documents and taking notes about it, he folded his arms towards his chest and try to think, as to what was happening in the picket dimension.

Especially the Realmtides.

He had heard such phenomenon, though with a different name, and through his seniors and supervisor. But an eldritch being getting thrown out from the portal? He had never heard it before.

His only conclusion was that, whatever abomination being thrown, in the pocket dimension, was most likely a failed experiment, or a failed combination by the magic in the Realmtide. After all, sometimes a realm's magic could make an entirely new being from scratch, even if the magic hadn't any form of consciousness.

He thought for a minute and asked the hologram.

"Has anyone had gotten inside any of the Realmtides?"

3 hours ago, Csl said:

Samara grinned. She straightened, then moved back into a fighting stance, sword held at ready.

"Do you want to continue? Prognosticator can increase or decrease my skill level, if you'd like a harder or easier fight."

Noor smiled kindly, she also straightened. She bowed her head slightly in a respectful manner, "It was a good- no, great spar. I hope I get to meet you again in the future. I would like to rest for a bit. And eat something." She extended her hand for a hand shake.

"About my cat..she is a shapeshifter, but can only shift to animals in the Felidae family." she said. 

@Aliara Mizuki Blackrose

Celestia was clearly a kind soul.  Someone far from his normal circle, but the type he could appreciate nonetheless.  He nodded to her. 

“You’re not wrong, I do have some interesting tales.  Some are a bit more extreme than others, and hopefully I’ll be able to form new ones soon.”

When the Prognosticator spoke the second time his attention seemed to divide for a moment.  

“I need to ask him about something personal.  Forgive me for being short, but I’m certain we’ll have time to speak again.”

@Csl

Phase smiled and stood to follow the instructions given to him.  This interface was fascinatingly vivid.  He would want to learn more about it as well.  This tech would have been great to integrate into his old laboratories.

"..it's quite alright,Phase."€ Celestia said,Giving him a warm smile.Before returning to her seat,Humming a soft melody.As stray curls fell against,Celestia's heartshaped facade.Gently unfolding a leatherbound novel,She began reading.becoming engrossed into it's current tale of fighting evil-magic and finding romance.€

22 hours ago, Lanaloo said:

Noor smiled kindly, she also straightened. She bowed her head slightly in a respectful manner, "It was a good- no, great spar. I hope I get to meet you again in the future. I would like to rest for a bit. And eat something." She extended her hand for a hand shake.

"About my cat..she is a shapeshifter, but can only shift to animals in the Felidae family." she said. 

Samara took the hand and gave it a firm shake. "I enjoyed it as well."

A wistful smile crossed her lips. "Unfortunately, you'll only be able to stay in the Tavern of Legend for ninety days after arriving." She shrugged. "Such are the rules of this place, unfortunately."

The woman flickered out of existence, replaced once more by Prognosticator's antlered mask avatar. Around them, the scenery of the meadow disappeared as well, leaving the sparring room as it had first appeared.

"THANK YOU FOR AVAILING OF THE SPARRING ROOM SERVICES," said Prognosticator, sounding pleased. "THERE IS A VENDING MACHINE IN THE LOUNGE'S MAIN AREA, THOUGH I'D RECOMMEND RETURNING TO THE TAVERN IF YOU DESIRE A HEAVIER MEAL."

22 hours ago, JoriusGeizer_69 said:

"Has anyone had gotten inside any of the Realmtides?"

The book wobbled. "NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE. THE MOST RECENT REALMTIDE OCCURED SHORTLY AFTER TAEN ATTACHED ITSELF TO LAGRIMOSA; THE EVENT HAS NOT HAPPENED SINCE. THE HYDRA DOES HAVE AN OFFSPRING WHICH IS CURRENTLY UNDER THE CUSTODY OF THE KHARTES' INSTITUTION'S SITE COEUS."

Prognosticator appeared amused. "PERHAPS YOU'D LIKE TO VISIT IT? TAKING ONE OF THE WAY-GATES IN THE LOBBY ALLOWS YOU TO TRAVEL TO ANY LOCATION IN VALUCRE."

12 hours ago, Phase said:

Phase smiled and stood to follow the instructions given to him.  This interface was fascinatingly vivid.  He would want to learn more about it as well.  This tech would have been great to integrate into his old laboratories.

The walls of the cubicle grew opaque. The wall before him shimmered, transforming into a brightly-lit screen. Another projection of Prognosticator's appeared within. It regarded the djinn with curiosity for a moment. A model of the planet of Valucre appeared beside it.

"THERE ARE INNUMERABLE WAYS TRAVELERS HAVE ENTERED VALUCRE," Prognosticator mused. "SOME COME THROUGH PORTALS, SOME FALL FROM THE SKY, OTHERS AWAKEN TO SIMPLY FIND THEMSELVES WITHIN. THIS DISTRESS SIGNAL YOU'VE MENTIONED -- TELL ME MORE ABOUT IT. DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT CAME FROM? WHO TRANSMITTED IT? WHAT MEDIUM WAS USED TO DELIVER IT?"

The artificial intelligence paused. "IT MIGHT ALSO BE USEFUL IF YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE WORLD YOU CAME FROM. VALUCRE IS OFTEN A PLACE WHERE DIFFERENT COSMOLOGIES  CONVERGE, EACH MANIFESTING IN A WIDE VARIETY OF WAYS -- I CAN TRACE BEINGS WITH COMMON POINTS OF ORIGIN WITH LESS DIFFICULTY."

Posted (edited)

@Csl

Lyka hummed, while he rub his chin, thinking the choices he could make.

He could go to one of the Mork'outh tribes or visit the offspring of the hydra, that had roughly landed in the land.

Considering the first choice would be quite difficult, the Mork'Outh wouldn't possibly give him their secrets, so he choice the latter.

"I would gladly visit the egg, if it means I can investigate the Realmtide without the employees knowing what I'm doing."

"Are you sure? It could dangerous..."

Lyka smiled at his butterfly, and said. "Don't worry about it. Besides this would be a great report once we go back home."

16 hours ago, Csl said:

The walls of the cubicle grew opaque. The wall before him shimmered, transforming into a brightly-lit screen. Another projection of Prognosticator's appeared within. It regarded the djinn with curiosity for a moment. A model of the planet of Valucre appeared beside it.

"THERE ARE INNUMERABLE WAYS TRAVELERS HAVE ENTERED VALUCRE," Prognosticator mused. "SOME COME THROUGH PORTALS, SOME FALL FROM THE SKY, OTHERS AWAKEN TO SIMPLY FIND THEMSELVES WITHIN. THIS DISTRESS SIGNAL YOU'VE MENTIONED -- TELL ME MORE ABOUT IT. DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT CAME FROM? WHO TRANSMITTED IT? WHAT MEDIUM WAS USED TO DELIVER IT?"

The artificial intelligence paused. "IT MIGHT ALSO BE USEFUL IF YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE WORLD YOU CAME FROM. VALUCRE IS OFTEN A PLACE WHERE DIFFERENT COSMOLOGIES  CONVERGE, EACH MANIFESTING IN A WIDE VARIETY OF WAYS -- I CAN TRACE BEINGS WITH COMMON POINTS OF ORIGIN WITH LESS DIFFICULTY."

Phase’s eyes widened as he took in the view of the planet before him.  This technology, it was so much like the tech he used in his last kingdom.  It was a type of technology that allowed him to dominate entire armies and it was being used here as an information script.  Was this planet so advanced that things that once seemed fantastical to others were now commonplace.  Exactly how long was he locked away anyhow?

“The person I speak of is Selena Nicole.  She was a companion of mine during a time of heavy warfare back on Eden.  She requested I come here long ago, I sent my envoy Rembrandt to meet with her and he never returned.  Trying to come here myself resulted in me being drained near completely of all my powers.  I don’t know where exactly it was she hailed from but I believe it was near a place called Lagrimosa…”

He pointed on the map, digging through what memory he could recall before everything went blank.  He needed to know if his friend lived or died during his time of silence.  What he wouldn’t give for a familiar face right now.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Csl said:

Samara took the hand and gave it a firm shake. "I enjoyed it as well."

A wistful smile crossed her lips. "Unfortunately, you'll only be able to stay in the Tavern of Legend for ninety days after arriving." She shrugged. "Such are the rules of this place, unfortunately."

The woman flickered out of existence, replaced once more by Prognosticator's antlered mask avatar. Around them, the scenery of the meadow disappeared as well, leaving the sparring room as it had first appeared.

"THANK YOU FOR AVAILING OF THE SPARRING ROOM SERVICES," said Prognosticator, sounding pleased. "THERE IS A VENDING MACHINE IN THE LOUNGE'S MAIN AREA, THOUGH I'D RECOMMEND RETURNING TO THE TAVERN IF YOU DESIRE A HEAVIER MEAL."

Noor nodded, "Thanks to you too. All this technology is truly magnificent." She said. Then looked around at the now normal sparring room admiring all the things it can do. She looked at Prognosticator, "I'll go get some water from the vending machine then I'll return to the tavern." Then nodded again and walked out to the main hall. There she saw a stunning girl, with lovely purple eyes reading a book. 

Zoozoo was surprised when everything faded. She had been following the mouse but when it disappeared, the wall of the sparring room replaced it and Zoozoo crashed into the wall. A loud BOOM sounded, or at least in her mind it was loud. She fell onto her side and saw Noor talking to Prognosticator, she knew then that it was time to go. She got up and started cleaning herself, but when Noor went out, Zoozoo stopped and cat-walked to Prognosticator. When she got close enough she realized it was translucent so she couldn't rub against it in thanks. She rotated around it instead, directing her tail to lightly touch its translucent legs. 

@Aliara Mizuki Blackrose

Edited by Lanaloo

On 8/21/2020 at 11:43 PM, JoriusGeizer_69 said:

"I would gladly visit the egg, if it means I can investigate the Realmtide without the employees knowing what I'm doing."

The book shimmered, resuming the form of the antlered mask.

"AH, YOU APPEAR TO HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD," Prognosticator said. "THE HYDRA OFFSPRING IS NOW FULL-GROWN AND IN THE CUSTODY OF SITE COEUS. THE REALMTIDE EVENT HAS ALSO ENDED; A SINGLE PORTAL OPENED, DEPOSITIING THE ORIGINAL HYDRA. THE BEAST WAS KILLED. ITS CHILD WAS TAKEN INTO THE CUSTODY OF KHARTES. SOME REPTILES DO GIVE LIVE BIRTH, YOU KNOW."

Prognosticator floated off the bookshelf, coming to hover before Lyka. "I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST USING THE WAY-GATES TO TRANSPORT YOURSELF DIRECTLY INTO SITE COEUS. IT HAS SOMETHING OF A PEST PROBLEM AT THE MOMENT."

Beside the book appeared several holograms of jellyfish-like creatures planted deep within the bodies of some humans.

"UNLESS YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN HAVING A CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH A BODYSNATCHER, THAT IS."

9 hours ago, Phase said:

“The person I speak of is Selena Nicole.  She was a companion of mine during a time of heavy warfare back on Eden.  She requested I come here long ago, I sent my envoy Rembrandt to meet with her and he never returned.  Trying to come here myself resulted in me being drained near completely of all my powers.  I don’t know where exactly it was she hailed from but I believe it was near a place called Lagrimosa…”

He pointed on the map, digging through what memory he could recall before everything went blank.  He needed to know if his friend lived or died during his time of silence.  What he wouldn’t give for a familiar face right now.

Prognosticator was silent for a moment. Faces began flashing across the screen, lights blinking on every continent. The targets narrowed down to Lagrimosa, highlighting several locations.

"I HAVE RESULTS FOR A SELENA NICHOLE. SHE HAS VISITED TIA, BIAZO ISLE, AND WAS LAST SEEN IN YH'MI."

The globe expanded, showing a magnified view of Lagrimosa and highlighting the locations.

"IT APPEARS SHE HAD TAKEN TIA AS HER PLACE OF RESIDENCE. UNFORTUNATELY, THE MEGACITY WAS DESTROYED A FEW YEARS AGO, WITH ITS CITIZENS RELOCATED TO NEARBY CITIES. I SEE MANY THINGS AND KNOW OF MANY THINGS, BUT EVEN I AM NOT OMNISCIENT. IF YOU INTEND TO SEARCH FOR HER, I CAN ONLY BE OF SO MUCH USE -- YOU WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL TO LAGRIMOSA YOURSELF."

Posted (edited)

@Csl

"Seems like I was mistaken," Lyka said with a deep voice, "Still, I want to see the hydra's offspring for myself. I want to see how it moves, I want to test some... Experiments on..."

"Do you know what it's capable of? Besides the destruction..." His eyes glowing intensely while rubbing his chin, he thought he could never feel this urges again.

His little butterfly looked at him, it's wings flapping, rapidly. "Lyka! Calm down!" his little, glowing violet butterfly shouted at him.

His eyes widen for a bit, he close his eyes and shook his head, before opening his eyes, not glowing anymore.

"Sorry about that, it seems like my curiosity had gotten into me again, don't worry about it, won't happen again." He apologized while scratching his head.

He looked around, not really eyeing the hologram, his eyebrows furrowed. Weird, my nature didn't show when I asked the djinn and the bartender... Why now? Lyka contemplates. He felt his chest tightened at the thought, he starts to worry.

He bites the tip of his thumb.

His violet butterfly glowing, too brightly for his own taste. 

On 8/23/2020 at 2:40 AM, JoriusGeizer_69 said:

"Seems like I was mistaken," Lyka said with a deep voice, "Still, I want to see the hydra's offspring for myself. I want to see how it moves, I want to test some... Experiments on..."

"Do you know what it's capable of? Besides the destruction..." His eyes glowing intensely while rubbing his chin, he thought he could never feel this urges again.

Prognosticator gave off an electronic crackle that sounded not unlike a chuckle. The hologram began floating away from Lyka, unconcerned with the sudden change in his demeanor.

"THAT IS FOR YOU TO DISCOVER. I ONLY TELL TRAVELERS ABOUT THE WORLD OF VALUCRE. IT IS UP TO THEM TO EXPERIENCE IT FOR THEMSELVES."

The artificial intelligence paused. Its mask tilted in a curious manner. "DO YOU HAVE FURTHER NEED OF MY ASSISTANCE? YOU MAY ACCESS GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE WORLD OF VALUCRE AT THE TERMINALS, IF YOU WISH."

Posted (edited)

@Csl

Sitting back in his seat Phase stared for a moment at the blinking continental indicator for Lagrimosa.  Her resident city was destroyed?  What the hell did that mean exactly?  Did she survive, was there more to this he needed to look into.  For just the briefest of moments he actually considered retreating back into the gemstone once again.

“Thank you Prognosticator.  If there is any way I might obtain copies of this information for later study, I would appreciate it.”

His voice remained low and solemn.  He had no intention of having an emotional outburst in front of all the strangers here.  As soon as he had restored himself magically and decided on the most reasonable means of travel he would begin his journey.

“I trust that you follow major news and historical events within your mainframe.  I doubt this will be the last time we speak to each other.”

Edited by Phase

¥Seeing phase,From a back view.Celestia felt worry,His posture and mannerism seemed to have shifted...¥"...er-... phase....are ye' okay?"¥She asked gently,her irish lilt coming out.Into a warm and even tone.Having arose from the seated position,Standing only at 5'5.Celestia barely touch his upper back,With light brushes of her eight-hand's fingers.Worry etching over the hybrid's visage.As pointed ears lowered with concerne.¥"phase...?"