Svetlana smiles as Lia falls asleep, curling up rather cutely. She shifts her body a little so the young catgirl's fingertips actually touch her body, figuring it'd help reassure her if she has tactile confirmation of Svetlana's continued presence. "Sleep well, Lia-chan." She strokes the white-haired catgirl's hair once, then turns her attention elsewhere, busying herself with her in-built computer.

About an hour later, an ominous presence forces her to focus on the room once more. She finds herself looking straight at a buck naked girl with a dangerous aura, an aura no doubt the cause of the sudden intrusive thoughts she has about Lia being in danger. And she came out of nowhere, too! Was she merely invisible all this while? Prognosticator had to have seen it, perhaps they thought it unimportant?

She springs up from the bed and onto her feet. Locking eyes with the intruder, the little girl's knowing expression gets a puzzled reaction from the otherwise frowning woman. Her cyber-muscles primed for action, she prepares to protect Lia if need be. A quick glance at the sleeping catgirl reveals her distorted breathing. The aura was affecting her, too!

The girl speaks, and Svetlana begins to put two and two together. Perhaps this was the one who knocked Lia out from behind! She positions herself in a stance as a sheathed katana appears in her left hand. Gripping the dark violet-coloured hilt, she sets the sword to 'blunt mode' and lunges once she recognizes a spell being cast. In one motion, she unsheathes and slashes at the new girl, aiming to at least knock her out. "Stay away from her!"

As Svetlana charges at Arista with the intent to knock her unconscious, Arista looks on at her with a level of calm that suggested she already knew the events that would transpire. Rather than provoking a defensive reaction, Arista wholehearted accepts the consequences of her actions. Her body lurches first slightly backward, then forward suddenly in an unnatural and unsettling manner; propelled by otherworldly forces. Arista's eyes are not on Svetlana, but instead Lia.

She throws herself forward such that when she is bonked upside the head, her body land's atop Lia's. Bleeding slightly from the head where Svetlana hit her, blood slowing starts to trickle onto Lia. Arista can be seen holding onto Lia for security as she blacks out. It might actually look adorable under better circumstances. Like this... It simply looked like a painful duality. Without the ability to sense magic, Svetlana would have no ability to know if a spell went off, or what it might have done. At the very least, nothing immediately terrible seemed to happen. 

Edited by Axis

After having temporally shifted outside the Tavern, Mizuki made her way into the Lounge.  The place had the air of futuristic technological advancements. She noted that down. Timeline 204-A... that’s the one.

She looked around, before her line of sight was obscured by the navigation board. Walking past it at first, then pausing and walking back to get a better overview of the room. And then away again after being satisfied that she had enough to find her way around.

I’ll check the combat area first... I wonder if a timeline like this has Chaldea-like battle files. Or even guides to Heroic Spirit combat.

She straightened her coat, and checked her pocket watch to make sure she was in the correct timeline. Things could happen, you know.

Well, she did hear something, but she wasn’t sure where.

Edited by SyntHecate

Svetlana wonders about Arista's reaction, but still follows through with her action, knowing it's to protect Lia. Whatever spell she was casting, the fact that the littler girl's eyes are fixed on the sleeping catgirl is concerning. She follows through and hits the girl, knocking her unconscious.

Quickly sheathing her katana in one fluid motion, she returns it to her inventory and gets on the bed, intending to pull the new girl off Lia as gently as possible. She notices the fact that the girl's clutching her new ward, as if for safety. Did she act too soon? Perhaps the spell being cast wasn't as dangerous as she had assumed? At least she's stopped it, she thinks.

She lifts the new girl off of Lia, and with the help of Prognosticator - that is, the AI helping to supply that which the doctor asks for - she binds Arista's hands, feet and duct-tapes her mouth. That done, she quickly checks on Lia to see how she's doing.

If Lia's calm once more, then she'll leave Arista close by.

If it turns out Lia's still having nightmares, if she can even feel the aura still working, then she'll give Lia a quick kiss on the forehead, then carry Arista away to another room. She hates to leave Lia alone, but knows Prognosticator would be watching over her. Then, she'd keep a close eye on the girl until she wakes up.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, SyntHecate said:

After having temporally shifted outside the Tavern, Mizuki made her way into the Lounge.  The place had the air of futuristic technological advancements. She noted that down. Timeline 204-A... that’s the one.

She looked around, before her line of sight was obscured by the navigation board. Walking past it at first, then pausing and walking back to get a better overview of the room. And then away again after being satisfied that she had enough to find her way around.

I’ll check the combat area first... I wonder if a timeline like this has Chaldea-like battle files. Or even guides to Heroic Spirit combat.

She straightened her coat, and checked her pocket watch to make sure she was in the correct timeline. Things could happen, you know.

Well, she did hear something, but she wasn’t sure where.

A hologram materializes in front of Mizuki as she heads to the combat arena. The figure appears to be a translucent figure clad in a white robe and a faceless mask with horns at geometric angles. As far as can be told, this figure is gender-neutral and culturally ambiguous. They speak in an friendly tone of voice, one with an ethereal quality to it.

"WELCOME TO THE TAVERN OF LEGEND, TRAVELLER! I AM PROGNOSTICATOR, I SEE YOU ARE HEADING FOR THE COMBAT AREA. DO YOU HAVE ANY REQUESTS, IN PARTICULAR?" The figure says, and one might get the sense that the AI's grinning.

Edited by Purple Eagle

She nods, appreciative of the AI's quality.

"Yes, I do have some requests. Do you have any combat guides to Heroic Spirit combat, and maybe Edo period swordfighting?" A usually odd request, asking for guides from two very distant times. She hoped the AI had the information anyway.

Mizuki looked around while she was at it, trying to investigate the noise she heard from before. To her, it felt like the noise had become quiet. Too quiet. Quickening her pace, she looked around trying to look for whoever had made the noise, heading in the general direction of the sound, masking her steps by walking on her heels rather than on her toes.

She contemplated asking if anyone was there or needed help, but she kept it to herself, knowing that she would only alert anyone in the vicinity, and probably make them flee or hide, forcing herself to observe the situation before doing anything rash.

When Svetlana checks on Lia, she finds the poor girl starting to toss and turn when Arista is removed from her body. Her hands move about as well, as if looking to find something it can hold onto. She finally settles down, holding onto a pillow with her entire body as Svetlana gives her a kiss. She doesn't look at peace, but at least she doesn't seem ready to wake up right away.

As Svetlana picks up the small girl, she likely notices how cold the girl's body is. With the combined factors of having no clothes and having been knocked out, her body temporarily wasn't properly regulating its own heat. Fortunately, being pressed against Svetlana's warm back did help to mitigate the immediate effects.

Ultimately, Arista doesn't stay down for long. After just two minutes she starts to rouse. As the girl wakes, she instinctively tries to move her arms, but finds them bound behind her back. Arista's eyes dart about the room, trying to absorb every bit of information available to her.  

Edited by Axis

Svetlana does carry the girl in such a way as to ensure maximum bodily contact. It wouldn't do to have the girl either die or fall sick now, would it?

When Arista wakes up, she'll find herself in a room much like the other one, with the main difference being the absence of Lia. Svetlana's standing in front of the girl in such a way that her body will occupy a good portion of the girl's field of vision.

The cyborg woman is standing with her arms folded in front of her, projecting a very different image than the one she was earlier. Her head held high, she almost looks down her nose on the bound little girl. With her facial expression and pursed lips, she quite looks like some sort of disapproving teacher.

For a while, Svetlana just stares straight at the girl, before finally speaking. "I am going to remove the tape from your mouth. If I detect that you are casting a spell, I will put it back." After another long pause of staring at the girl, she leans over to ungag her.

"What is your history with Lia?" She simply asks, then listens.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:33 AM, SyntHecate said:

She nods, appreciative of the AI's quality.

"Yes, I do have some requests. Do you have any combat guides to Heroic Spirit combat, and maybe Edo period swordfighting?" A usually odd request, asking for guides from two very distant times. She hoped the AI had the information anyway.

Mizuki looked around while she was at it, trying to investigate the noise she heard from before. To her, it felt like the noise had become quiet. Too quiet. Quickening her pace, she looked around trying to look for whoever had made the noise, heading in the general direction of the sound, masking her steps by walking on her heels rather than on her toes.

She contemplated asking if anyone was there or needed help, but she kept it to herself, knowing that she would only alert anyone in the vicinity, and probably make them flee or hide, forcing herself to observe the situation before doing anything rash.

Seeing as the rooms are on a different floor above the Lounge, Mizuki has no way to have heard the noise unless she has super-hearing. Just as well, Svetlana wouldn't like to be disturbed at the moment while questioning the girl responsible for being creepy towards Lia.

"WHY, CERTAINLY! THE SPARRING ROOM IS RIGHT THIS WAY, MA'AM." Prognosticator replies with a friendly flourish. The hologram gestures towards the area, and the floor lights up in the direction of the combat area. "I CAN GENERATE SOME HARDLIGHT OPPONENTS OF ANY VARIETY YOU WISH, INCLUDING HEROIC SPIRIT AND EDO PERIOD COMBAT SCENARIOS. WHICH CATEGORY OF HEROIC SPIRIT WOULD YOU LIKE TO FACE?"

Arista shakes her head and explains with cold logic, "You can't stop me from casting that way. There's a form of magic called subtle spell that allows the casting of spells through mundane language. Additionally, I know spells that do not require a verbal component. The only sure way to stop me from casting would be an antimagic field. Since you can't detect my magic, your best course of action is to wake up Lia, who is an innate spellcaster. The fact that you didn't tells me you are an ally." 

Arista lays against the bed, "I'm cold. And having you talk to me while bound and naked isn't productive. Is there any chance you have clothes for a girl my size? I don't mind telling you about me and Lia. However, I would also like to give you proof that requires the usage of a spell that will allow me to show you the moments that led to Lia being taken to this world. So essentially, my goal right now is to build up enough goodwill so that you realize that I've been no threat to you or Lia this entire time."

Arista falls to her side, rolls, and then slides herself underneath the covers, lifting them up with spectral force. Svetlana might realize that the force she can innately generate makes binding Arista relatively worthless as a means of limiting her mobility. "This will do for now, since you wouldn't leave me unattended..." Arista once again looks up with her cold emotionless gaze, now laying atop a pillow, "Lia, is my future wife. And I am the one responsible for sending her here, after learning of a terrible calamity affecting the world we came from." 

Edited by Axis

Svetlana purses her lips even more, but silently she realizes it figures. A number of red flags begin to pop up in her mind as this girl speaks, with that cold emotionless gaze of hers. It reminds her of someone she's met once before, someone that turned out to be unable to be trusted. 

Someone used to playing others 'like a violin', as she likes to put it. She'll need to be on the lookout.

An ally, she says? She shoots a message to Prognosticator to send over the clothes meant for Lia, once the girl complains about being cold. As she mentally plans out how she'd keep Arista partially bound while dressing her, the girl easily lifts the covers with innate magic.

Blast it! That means binding her is useless, and thus there's no need to keep her as such any longer. That also means the girl might be telling the truth about not being a threat, if she could've gotten loose all this while but didn't... or perhaps, she's simply biding her time.

Lia, a future wife? That explains the look she gave the sleeping catgirl earlier, how tenderly she spoke to her. She also confirms her hunch that it was this girl who was responsible for her current state. Lia did say she remembers someone kissing her and speaking tenderly to her.

The clothes arrive via hardlight hologram, and so Svetlana places them beside Arista and undoes her bindings. "Get dressed." She says, her eyes never leaving the little girl. "And tell me of this calamity. Show me, like you said."

Arista, upon being told to dress, utilizes her spectral force to undo the knots binding her hands and feet. She pushes the covers off of her with her actual hands. Taking her time to dress, she moves without a sense of urgency. While getting dressed, Arista talks to Svetlana. "I can definitely tell you, but showing you requires Lia. I don't think you are ready for me to cast a spell in her presence yet. But essentially, the world itself is fine. We simply had no future in it. I don't know how familiar you are with the fates, but, essentially everyone with the potential to impact the world has a creation deity. Your ability to command favor with these deities is what enables an important concept that I call your fatal essence.  The fatal deity associated with me and Lia are the same, which is why when I learned that creation deity planned to abandon that world, I needed to ensure we would not get left behind. I teamed up with another, troubled girl, who had the power to recognize fatal essence so that together we could round up every single person in the world that shared our fatal essence." It is at this point Arista finished dressing, then sits back on the bed. 

"I think you already know this, but, I'm not a trustworthy girl. In order to save Ryuri, Iruha, Axis, Lia, Entama, and Astra, I used dirty tricks. Kidnapping, lying, blackmailing... nothing was off the table, to save their souls. From their perspective, I've stolen them from their homes, and left them with nothing. I spared Lia the pain of remembering the life she left behind... But, it was a rushed job. I would like the opportunity to perfect my design. And let Lia have the proper childhood she never realized she wanted."

3 hours ago, Purple Eagle said:

Svetlana does carry the girl in such a way as to ensure maximum bodily contact. It wouldn't do to have the girl either die or fall sick now, would it?

When Arista wakes up, she'll find herself in a room much like the other one, with the main difference being the absence of Lia. Svetlana's standing in front of the girl in such a way that her body will occupy a good portion of the girl's field of vision.

The cyborg woman is standing with her arms folded in front of her, projecting a very different image than the one she was earlier. Her head held high, she almost looks down her nose on the bound little girl. With her facial expression and pursed lips, she quite looks like some sort of disapproving teacher.

For a while, Svetlana just stares straight at the girl, before finally speaking. "I am going to remove the tape from your mouth. If I detect that you are casting a spell, I will put it back." After another long pause of staring at the girl, she leans over to ungag her.

"What is your history with Lia?" She simply asks, then listens.

Seeing as the rooms are on a different floor above the Lounge, Mizuki has no way to have heard the noise unless she has super-hearing. Just as well, Svetlana wouldn't like to be disturbed at the moment while questioning the girl responsible for being creepy towards Lia.

"WHY, CERTAINLY! THE SPARRING ROOM IS RIGHT THIS WAY, MA'AM." Prognosticator replies with a friendly flourish. The hologram gestures towards the area, and the floor lights up in the direction of the combat area. "I CAN GENERATE SOME HARDLIGHT OPPONENTS OF ANY VARIETY YOU WISH, INCLUDING HEROIC SPIRIT AND EDO PERIOD COMBAT SCENARIOS. WHICH CATEGORY OF HEROIC SPIRIT WOULD YOU LIKE TO FACE?"

Well, if she can’t hear it, she can’t hear it.

”I’d like something along the lines of Archer class Gilgamesh. Noble Phantasm Enuma Elish.” Sure, it wouldn’t be THE Gilgamesh, but at least she would be able to train herself in Saber form. After all, many Heroic Spirits were vulnerable to Enuma Elish itself. The sheer power of it rivalled many other attacks combined.

Then again, she wondered if it was actually safe giving a computer program the go-ahead to access a Noble Phantasm which, frankly, was able to destroy a whole world at full power. So she added, “Decrease the potency of the Noble Phantasm to Small City level.” Still powerful, but at least it wouldn’t tear through everything if something went wrong. It’s just hardlight, anyway.

She pulled out her pocket clock, making sure she tied her hair back in a ponytail, becoming a cyan-haired Artoria doppelgänger with the exception of the ponytail which Artoria herself didn’t have. Holding what seemed to be an invisible object obscured by what I can only describe as air waves, she was already prepared for battle. Weirdly enough, it seemed as if the air was solid, and yet invisible to the point where whatever it covered was invisible as well.

“Is it alright with you if I initiate some Noble Phantasm of my own during the spar?” she asked the Prognosticator, having the invisible air object thingy at the ready.

Luna'a walked into the Lounge, dazed and confused. She was a long way from home, but didn't know how she got there. However, She had seen their tech before, she had stuff just like it. She Pulled out her Lens, a small holographic device, with similar capabilities as a smartphone. Great. No service she sighed. Where am i...

Faith looks up at the entrance as Luna walks in to the lounge mostly drawn to a new entrance. It had been a while at this point and someone looking for something would be far more interesting then just setting there messing with her own magic and a piece of paper. She reaches up and drops the hood on her hoodie before getting up and approaching Luna as she says something that Faith didn't really hear.

Faith was dressed in her normal gray hoodie over and blue pants. "Greetings traveler. You seem lost. I can show you around if you need me to. I don't know everything about Val but there's a info center here that I can point you to." Faith says trying to be helpful. She didn't help newer people to often but she felt confident enough in her knowledge to point someone in the right direction.

5 hours ago, AthenasFire said:

Faith looks up at the entrance as Luna walks in to the lounge mostly drawn to a new entrance. It had been a while at this point and someone looking for something would be far more interesting then just setting there messing with her own magic and a piece of paper. She reaches up and drops the hood on her hoodie before getting up and approaching Luna as she says something that Faith didn't really hear.

Faith was dressed in her normal gray hoodie over and blue pants. "Greetings traveler. You seem lost. I can show you around if you need me to. I don't know everything about Val but there's a info center here that I can point you to." Faith says trying to be helpful. She didn't help newer people to often but she felt confident enough in her knowledge to point someone in the right direction.

Val? Is that what you call this strange place? *she looked suspicious of everything. You could tell that she fought a lot by the cuts and scrapes on her. But she Didnt appear to have a single weapon. Please, can you? She smiled sweetly. Also, are there any villians i can fight here? 

"Well Val is me just short handing it. It's actually Valucre."  Looking the girl over now Faith notices the scars on her. She wasn't to surprised by this in the least especially no weapon. Faith was one of the few travelers that didn't use a weapon herself, instead relying on her hand to hand combat prowess and her extensive training in gravity magic. "I can see your probably an adventurer yourself so... I can point you in the direction of the quest board. However... Finding a villian is more of a question of what you define being a villian as. Valucre is home to all sorts of people. Some consider me a villian others see me as a hero." She shrugs a bit at this before giving a smile.

"That said... I can guide you around Val a bit and show you the taverns quest board. Maybe even accompany you on one if you need me to." She motions for her to follow and guides her into the Compendium. As she approaches the repository she requests a list of quests for the tavern she pulls out a list of quests and shows it to Luna. "Heres a list of what the tavern needs done or things that have been requested of the adventures that come and go here. I can help you with all the things that you might need to do before taking one but the first step would be even finding one that might suit you. The one about horses disappearing or the children missing near a lake sounds like something a villian might do but it's up to you if you even want to take one."

Edited by AthenasFire