Csl

Looking for Tavern of Legend Volunteers

What’s the Tavern of Legend?

The Tavern of Legend (or ToL) is a sandbox forum where new members can play to help get used to the site. This is especially useful for those new to online forum role-playing. Its main feature was a hub thread where characters and NPC Tavern staff could just socialize.

We’ve also recently started Season 4 of the Tavern of Legend!

It comes with a few changes -- maps, new areas, an artifact system, and most importantly, a new type of ToL staff role -- Helpers.

What are the types of ToL volunteers?

Mentors are Valucre users who actively write in the ToL’s main threads to assist new members, usually playing the Tavern’s staff members. Becoming a mentor is a serious commitment, but it’s a great way to help new members adjust to the site.

Helpers are a new type of volunteer. These are Valucre users who have volunteered to be on call if new members need a writing partner outside the ToL main threads. This position is best for people who want to help new members out but don’t want the commitment of being a ToL Mentor. 

Helpers are put on a list where they'll be on call if new members need a writing partner - either for a ToL quest or a "starter thread" in one of the main Valucre forums. Helpers can either volunteer to write with new members or be assigned a new member to help by one of the ToL Mentors.

Why should I become a ToL volunteer?

Aside from helping new members discover the wonders of roleplay in Valucre?

You can get to know the new members (and potentially meet amazing long-term writing partners). You can introduce new members to plots/threads you need writers for. If you're a board leader/location owner you can also advertise your own place and everything!

In addition to that, there are incentives for being a Tavern Helper.

• Free user title - Complete 3 threads, each 2+ pages long, with a new member

• Free Csl art* - Complete 5 threads, each 2+ pages long, with a new member.

*full-colored headshots of character portraits. See samples of Csl art here and here.

If you’re interested, reply below or PM me ^_^

41 minutes ago, ticklefarte said:

Hey, I'm interested in being a helper! Any requirements? 

Just be reachable! You'll be put as a contact on the helper list so new members can reach out to you if they want writing partners. The activity required from you will really depend on the number of new members needing for rp partners.

As a note, the ToL services prioritize new members who tend to be new to forum rp, so you might need to help show them the ropes to some extent too.

If you're cool with all this I'll add you to the TOL volunteer club ^_^

Having done the storyteller thing previously, I'm more than happy to be an occasional helper. I'm always looking for new people to write with anyway.

Also, while I'm not interested in necessarily going full time mentor if for whatever reason you guys need someone in a pinch because of mass conflicting schedules or what have you, I am willing to sub in.

Keeping an RP moving and having timely responses is paramount for new member engagement, I assume.

6 hours ago, AthenasFire said:

I'd be more then happy to be a helper if you still need a few more!

Yup! I'll add you to the club and list ^_^

5 hours ago, Praetorian said:

Having done the storyteller thing previously, I'm more than happy to be an occasional helper. I'm always looking for new people to write with anyway.

Also, while I'm not interested in necessarily going full time mentor if for whatever reason you guys need someone in a pinch because of mass conflicting schedules or what have you, I am willing to sub in.

Keeping an RP moving and having timely responses is paramount for new member engagement, I assume.

Adding you as well and much thanks!

Interesting. I see only pros from volunteering! From something to constantly keep me excited and ready, to the idea of being able to potentially get long-term partners (which I can benefit a LOT from), and the incentives being a mere side effect to the other two to enhance worldbuilding!

Also, that is a nice way to participate alongside others!

Tl;dr of this is: Yes, I do want to volunteer for this amazing new service!