Tyros

Rath Lux - Quests: Witts' Progenial Problem

The bandit nods. "Aye.. after you punted me in the bar and left, she approached me and told us to tail you.. then we saw 'er talking to you before you left the town." He coughs a little, still wary of your sword. "She then ran back to us and told us this: if he comes back unharmed, kill him."

He sniffs a little and takes a step back. "That's all from our side of the story, sir." Then he sighs. "As for why you should spare my life.. well, I'd offer you coin but you already threw my purse away so...." Trailling off, he just shrugs. "I got nothing, but please spare my mates here, at least. I pulled them into this mess since I needed more coin. They wouldn't be here if not for me..."

Aliester sighed and looked at all the bandits in front of him.  They told him what he needed to know and he had no time to spare anymore. He responded to the leader with a calm voice.         ''So, even a bandit like you has at least a bit of honor...Very well, I will spare your friends, however, you will certainly not make it out of here alive. Not without consequences.''   

As he said that, the young knight suddenly swinged his sword towards the leader and cut off one of his hands. Then, Aliester had cut the rope holding the bandits together and pointed his sword towards them while awaing for their response.

The young knight looked at them with the same cold gaze and responded.   ''You all better go and not tell anyone about this, not even that dryad, unless you want me to hunt you all down. Now go, before I change my mind.'     Aliester still pointed his longsword at them and backed away a bit, leaving enough space for them to exit the cave. 

Aliester,  few minutes after the bandits had left the cave, went outside as well. He could go to the Port, buy the black roses and deliver the letter and the flowers to Witts along with his daughter's message. He also, could go after the dryad wich sent bandits to kill him, knowing she is in the Port as well.  In the end, the young knight decided that it is best for him to go see Witts before he will go after the dryad.

He muttered to himself as he walked towards the Port town.   ''I made a promise to both Witts and to his daughter Elaine. I won't turn back now.''     The young knight sheathed his sword and continued on his journey. 

The young knight, seeing that night draws near, started to run towards the town in hopes that he will find the shop that Elaine mentioned open.  Thankfully, his speed allowed him to reach the city and now, he only needs to find the shop from where he could buy the black roses. 

He looked left and right as he wandered in the city, searching for any clues to point him towards the shop.

The knight meets some towners, most of which look at him just to flee with their glances as they notice that he's an outsider. Still, he was able to approach a couple, a man and a woman, that even if slightly troubled by his doings, directed him to his destination. Both of them paled when the knight mentioned Frederika's name, quickly pointing him towards the big house that sits on the top part of the town. Once again, they quickly left after the knight thanks them, hurrying to distance themselves.

Following the towners' directions, he walks through the city, passing in front of the tavern he began his journey in, just to keep going on the rising road. Slowly approaching the majestic home, he wonders if it even is a shop. The building is totally different in architecture and materials, respect to the other ones around the town... almost like it came from somewhere else. It felt out of place, even if it is a really nice house.

Knocking on the entrance door, he notices that the place is still open. Getting through the door, a couple of little bells attached to the door signal his arrival. Inside the shop, he gets hit by a multitude of different smells and colors, the shelves that fill the whole room being full of the most various flowers and plants, some even going around the place into the walls and roof, but still seeming perfectly organized. On the other side of the room there is a counter with a few flowers, a bundle of them, albeit not tied together yet. Walking a bit around amazed by the difference between the plants of the island and this particular shop, he doesn't hear the owner arrive. She comes out from the door behind the counter, looking at the knight with her red eyes. Her glance is pretty normal, most probably wondering why someone needs flowers at this late of an hour.

"Welcome there, outsider. What kind of flower or plant do you need?" She asks. Her voice was high pitched, befitting her minute figure. She wears a completely black dress, which you've never seen the same style. Her black hair is complemented by a headband with a black rose attached to it, going on the side of her head, a few cloth strands flowing down along her face and neck. Her pale skin is a total contrast with the dress she has, and the dim light inside the shop only accents it.

She keeps still, standing in her place while looking at the knight head to toe, observing his movements almost curiously, while waiting for his reply.

The young light looked at the owner of the shop and talked with a calm tone.     ''Pardon me for arriving at such an hour, but I need to buy some black roses for someone.''       Aliester took out the silver coins wich Elaine had given him. He is now waiting for her response as he looks around the shop, then again at the owner.

Her eyes move from his eye to the silver coins, quickly counting them inside her little head, aware of the fact that even an outsider  knows the value of those. She moves one hand towards them, implicitly asking the knight to give them to her, to which he readily does. Taking the coins in her hands, their skins touch. In a reflex, she draws her hand back slightly, almost unnoticeable, just to snatch the coins from him. Looking back to him once again, she turns around, heading confidently towards one of the shelves on the right side of the shop.

"Black roses, is it~? Interesting choice. May i know why this choice?" She asks while taking some of the roses from the shelf, easily getting them as they were at the height of her chest. She then turns back, heading to the counter to prepare the roses. She puts them all together, wrapping them into a wide bouquet.

Moving to the other part of the counter, but still on the same side, she puts the coins inside, taking some back, counting the change she owes the customer. Taking the bouquet of black roses in one hand and the change in the other, she heads to the knight, stopping in front of him and looking upwards, tilting her body backwards, just enough for her to look at him due to the difference in heights.

"Will this be all~?" She asks the knight, holding the bouquet and change in her hands, ready for him to grab.

Aliester shaked his head, giving a sign of yes. He then responded to the owner.   "Indeed, that would be all. And, this choice for flowers was made by the one who sent me here. She goes by the name Elaine."        He grabbed the change from her along with the bouquet of black roses, and prepared to leave the shop.

"Elaine... The missing girl." She nods to the knight, realizing that he's about to leave, almost like he was eager to do so.

"Say hi to her and her father on my stead, if you don't mind." She starts turning around, walking towards the counter until she stops in the middle of the shop, turning her head to the left, her face barely visible behind the black rose she has on her head. "And remind them that this time the taxes are better be paid on time~" Her light footsteps are heard once again as her feet move on the wooden floor, until she disappears behind the door frame on the other side of the counter.

The young knight muttered to himself as he closed the shop's door behind him.     "I'll keep that in mind."     Now that he got the black roses, Aliester headed towards Witts's tavern in a hurry, knowing the condition in wich he was after he left.  Witts seemed to manage his emotions well, yet,  in the deepest parts of his heart lie his true feelings. He is desperate to see his daughter, to talk with her, to feel her.

But what could possibly calm his soul, his heart? The answer... is love, a force so powerful that all  reason becomes blind to it. Blind to all things... even the truth.

Now, the young knight has arrived at the tavern and the lights were still on. He opened the door and walked inside, looking around for the Tavernsman.

Witts nearly threw the mug he was cleaning when he saw Aliester entering, but managed to stop himself from falling. "Sir Knight! You have returned!" He rushes towards you with excitement and hope, looking all around but unable to see his daughter, which causes his rushing joy to die down as quickly as it came. "B-but.. my daughter is not with you.." He seems to be barely holding himself from tears.

You'd best act quickly, fated knight.