Tyros

Rath Lux - Quests: Witts' Progenial Problem

Aliester looked at Witts and answered with a calm tone.   "I have some news for you. Your daughter is safe and  said that she will return in  few more days, but first, she needs to learn more from her friend Yvres.   Also, she asked that I give you this. "           The young knight offered Witts the letter from her daughter and the bouquet of black roses.  

He remembered what the owner of the shop told him and continued.    "The person who gave me the black roses wanted to say hi to you and your daughter and that you have to pay the taxes in time.".  

Aliester stood still and awaited   for Witts's response.

"E-eh?.. you were at miss Frederika's!? Young knight, thank Primera for you and your courage." He swallows down hard. "A-and, I have the money to pay my taxes but she is just so terrifying! Worse than all else, the Heartweald is not sure what to make of her!" He takes the letter and the flowers, his smile returning bright.

He takes a seat and reads it, absentmindely bringing you the pouch of coins that was promised. "Thank you... you've saved me, in more ways than one, young knight." Wiping a tear from his eyes, he forces the pouch into your hands. "I know your like would refuse this reward, but please, I too, am a man. And my pride demands that you take it!"

Aliester sighed and looked at him, then responded.      "If that is your wish...then I have no choice but to accept it. Very well, I will take the reward."         The young knight holds the bag of coins in his hands and bows formally. He raises his head and continues.        "For now, I will have other matters to attend to, but, I will return here once more after I finish what I need to do."      He looked at Witts and smiled a bit, waiting for his response.

"T-thank you, once again!" With a smile, Witts seems to blink and nod to himself. "My daughter says she will come to visit me in a few days. If you wish, go to her and ask when that is! I would be glad to have you have dinner with us, if at all possible." Witts bows and leaves back to the counter, ready to provide his service to the other patrons with a full-blown smile on his face. You see that he stores the bounty paper/letter in his pockets with great care.

His pearly white snake slithers next to you and offers you a calm glance; and instinctively you understand that she had just thanked you as well. Then, the shy snake slithers away from you, back under a table with a heating pad.

The young knight waved at both of them and replied one last time before leaving.     "I will see you later, hopefully, all of you.".        Aliester closed the door of the tavern as he went outside. He sighed and looked around for a bit, then his face became serious as he muttered to himself.       "Now...It's time to hunt that dryad."     

He started to walk around the town carefully, one of his hands never letting go of the sheated sword.

No matter how hard he tried, he could not find the wretched dryad anywhere, not even her house. The locals, when asked, knew nobody that had a name like that, though, a few of them told him that the surname "Silverleaf", belongs to the leader of a Farmer's Guild, on the whole other side of the Island.

In a little place called Vitas Village. Now, if only he had a map or someone to guide him there.

What he learned was unforseen. Could the bandits have lied? That was not likely. Perhaps this dryad is far smarter and less innocent than she appears to be.

Now, our young knight is talking with various merchants and people in hopes that he will find a map of the island or, someone to guide him there.

But who could possibly know this island from a side to another?

The answer to that question is simple: the locals.

And being in a town where his reputation was just made better than ever before, Aliester found that these same, xenophobic people were already treating him with respect and love, as if he was one of their own, even those who had no idea and should have no idea who he is or was before now, they seem to be much less uncomfortable around him.

Even the guards who saw his wolf form reacted with a shrug. "Oh, so you are a dhampir, then? Well, that's fine. Those bastards probably deserved what they got!" It was strange, terrifiying even, but he hadn't the time to ponder this.

It wasn't long before he found a local cartographer's shop, alas, .. it was already nighttime and the shop was closed for the day. He had options here; break in and find a suitable map, or go to rest for the day in order to buy the map normally.

After all, he had just received a large sum of money. Perhaps, he should take a bit of a break, first?

After thinking for a bit, he decided to call it a day and rest. After all,  he may be a dhampir and no ordinary man, but even dhampirs need a break. Therefore, he went to look for an inn where he could sleep.

Should he not have that much luck, he will have to find other means to do it, even return to the tavern.  He felt something inside him, he knew it was from the cursed blood running  in his body, yet, his strong will helped him to overcome that feeling as he continued to walk.

After being noticed, the feeling quickly subsided, as if that something ran away.

He would find an inn named Reachmouth Inn that was cheap and affordable, the innkeeper didn't give him much interest, seeing as the woman appeared to be exceedingly tired from the day, yet something also told him that she, like him, was an outsider.

Edited by Tyros

Aliester approached the innkeeper and  asked her politely  to offer him a room for the night, while putting the pouch of silver coins on the counter.

He too was tired, but, he still managed to keep himself awake at least until he would go inside a room from the inn.