My name's Ashley and I've been roleplaying on and off since I was a freshman in high school, and am once again hoping to get back into it. I just graduated college and I feel like roleplaying will give me something to work on now that I no longer have school work. I stumbled upon this site, which is deeply complex and amazing. I think I would really like it here, although I admit I find pretty daunting. Hopefully after lurking I can get a better gist of things.

Just now, Praetorian said:

@thorspuddingcup

Welcome to Valucre, happy to have you. 

The new member guide has a lot of great info that can help you navigate the site.

That being said, feel free to ask if you need any help.

Thank you! I have read through it, but still feel rather lost in this large sea of creativity. I'm hoping that by exploring I can get a better hang of how things work.

Just now, thorspuddingcup said:

Thank you! I have read through it, but still feel rather lost in this large sea of creativity. I'm hoping that by exploring I can get a better hang of how things work.

If that's the case, I'd suggest just jumping in. Truth be told, there is a lot of lore and no one expects you to read or remember it all.

It is a lot easier to get a feel for things by doing than by just watching/lurking.

Also, if their was a prize for it, I'd 100% award it to you for best user name of 2020.

1 minute ago, Praetorian said:

If that's the case, I'd suggest just jumping in. Truth be told, there is a lot of lore and no one expects you to read or remember it all.

It is a lot easier to get a feel for things by doing than by just watching/lurking.

Also, if their was a prize for it, I'd 100% award it to you for best user name of 2020.

Thank you, again! Many people think its a sexual thing, when in reality I just imagine a pudding cup sitting in a fridge somewhere on Asgard with "THOR" written on it in Sharpie.

Hi @thorspuddingcup, welcome to Val! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

The Tavern of Legend is always a good place for new players to introduce themselves. Otherwise, simply find a setting that jives with you and a player or two to play with. Lagrimosa's got a good mix of fantasy, sci-fi, and everything in between. Genesaris focuses mostly on high fantasy, though there's also Ursa Madeum for all your medieval fantasy needs (there's a war going on!). Martial Town is essentially your go-to for all things cyberpunk, and Taen is this weird hodgepodge of uh... science fantasy?

You can post your interest checks over in the Water Cooler

1 minute ago, Wade said:

Hi @thorspuddingcup, welcome to Val! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

The Tavern of Legend is always a good place for new players to introduce themselves. Otherwise, simply find a setting that jives with you and a player or two to play with. Lagrimosa's got a good mix of fantasy, sci-fi, and everything in between. Genesaris focuses mostly on high fantasy, though there's also Ursa Madeum for all your medieval fantasy needs (there's a war going on!). Martial Town is essentially your go-to for all things cyberpunk, and Taen is this weird hodgepodge of uh... science fantasy?

You can post your interest checks over in the Water Cooler

Oh! I was hoping to run across cyberpunk here, I just wasnt sure which continent I would find it. Thank You! :bigsmile:

*snatches some of Dabi's popcorn*

Hello Ashley.  :smile:  I also would be happy to help with any questions, if the others are asleep or doing other things.  Feel free to PM me any time and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.  Welcome to Val. 

Posted (edited)

Welcome to Valucre! Glad to have you here. I was also pretty intimidated by the volume of Valucre's lore when I first joined, but as Praetorian said one of the best way to get started is to jump in. I did lurk for a good while and read up on lore when I first joined so I'd have a better idea of the world, and that's a good approach too! Don't hesitate to ask around in the respective continent AMAs in the Help forum if you have questions about the lore ^_^

Also, there's a pretty good interest check led by a Martial-Town based cyberpunk character you might be interested in:

Edited by Csl

2 minutes ago, Csl said:

Welcome to Valucre! Glad to have you here. I was also pretty intimidated by the volume of Valucre's lore when I first joined, but as Praetorian said one of the best way to get started is to jump in. I did lurk for a good while and read up on lore when I first joined so I'd have a better idea of the world, and that's a good approach too! Don't hesitate to ask around in the respective continent AMAs in the Help forum if you have questions about the lore ^_^

Also, there's a pretty good interest check led by a Martial-Town based cyberpunk character you might be interested in:

Ooh! Free advertising!

And yes, feel free to come on up and ask questions if you're not sure 🙂

Welcome to Valucre!

9 hours ago, Gossip said:

Ooh! Free advertising!

And yes, feel free to come on up and ask questions if you're not sure 🙂

Welcome to Valucre!

This does look really neat! I go to work soon, but while there I can try and brainstorm a good character that could fit for this? I have lot's of ideas for characters (from my years of D&D) that I can finally elaborate on and come up with something good. Everyone here is so nice, I wasn't expecting this kind of reception.