Zashiii

[RELIC] Gemini, All by myself

Brief: A sinister criminal approaches you and asks that they free the stolen letter.
Item: Gemini Necklace
    A silver necklace with a medallion in the shape of the Roman numeral for two. This enchanted necklace allows the user to cast the spell Mirror Image twice a day. The user is never alone. 

Class: B
Pages: 2+

Edited by Zashiii

THE BEST GIRL (MISTRESS BLACKHEAD/MIDDY OCHRE)

Another day, another errand from the gods. What do they think of me? Some kind of errand girl they can order around? An annoyed sigh escaped my lips as I stepped into the Nehalen once again. A world devoid of gods where the will of men reign supreme. It would have been a nice description if not for the blasphemy and sacrilege that had been wrought against the land's very gods.

She too was one of those so called sacrilegious and blasphemous murderers. In fact, she was the best of them all. Leading a ragtag group of six, she had disposed of nine gods. Ruthless as it may be, she knew that it was the right path for her to take. This is simply a burden she had to take to the end or until her very life ceases to exist.

I already had a conversation earler with a sinister criminal. He had some very interesting notions and an even more interesting request. It was about a stolen letter and the task of freeing it. How I should go about it is simply up to myself but even I had limits to what I can or cannot do. Nevertheless, I gave him my word and I shall do my utmost to fulfill my side of the bargain. On his side, of course, is the one thing I always asked for payment. A favor for a favor.

This of course left me waiting on another shady place just outside of town. This time, I'll be meeting an old friend. Someone I once met here many a night ago. Someone who had been instrumental for me to claim another god's relic. That someone is the overjoyed criminal named Greg. The Greg who was part of that fiasco with Sagittarius.

THE BEST GIRL (MISTRESS BLACKHEAD)

Well, a not so shady place. One of the local tavern holes. A bit underwhelming, if I say so myself but it is the thought that counts. Speaking of thoughts, I cannot help but go back to the days when I first met Greg. Overjoyed criminal Greg used to be a random non-playable character type of person but he has grown enough to be considered an actual asset. As long as he can keep his eyes and ears peeled open while keeping his mouth shut, he can still be of use to me and my brethren. Failing any of that, he would have to bring his enjoyment with him when he ascends to heaven.

This brings me then to a cup of tea and a stick of cigar. Drinking and smoking are necessary to help pass the time. He'll be here sooner or later.

Edited by Zashiii

Gregori Riolan or commonly known as Criminal Greg around these parts. If there's anyone who would know about shady stuff, this guy would be the one of the first. Even if the cartel is dissolved, they still had their assets open and would always try to recruit more to increase their information network.

"Finally," I exclaimed when Greg's burly figure appeared within the establishment. "Took you long enough."

"Hello, lady!" Greg called out, "Been a while since you visited these parts. Must have been missing the fun stuff, eh?"

"Oh! Please stop flattering me, boy. Now, onto business."

"Yes, lady. Or should I call you as the 'Best girl'?"

I chuckled at that. "My reputation preceeds me. But I digress."

My hand gestured for the man to take his seat, "Flattery will get you nowhere, Greg. Would you like something to eat or drink?"

Greg responded with a hearty laugh. "Bloody hell, yes! I never deny a free mail."

Hailing a bar wench, I ordered the tavern's special for the day and a good bottle of ale. When the server has left, I returned my attemtion to Greg.

"I need information. Something about a stolen letter. I know that hushed whispers had been going and I need the latest news." 

Frowning, Greg looked left and right before replying, "This might not be the best place to talk."

In resposne to Greg's concern, her hand rached for the package on her on her lap. Sheathed in a makeshift scabbard and wrapped in bandages, it was nondescript and unassuming weapon. And yet one cannot deny the power within such an artifact, if only it wasn't sealed from other forms of magical and supernatural detection. The blade itself Baeoi, a legendary weapon from the lands of Genesaris. There's only three of them and she was the first to lay claim to such an artifact. She stroked the wrapped weapon, her energy resonating with the sword. Empowered, a bubble of invisible energy surrounded her and Greg.

"This should be safe enough," she replied to Greg. "This area neutralizes any form of magical or supernatural detection and observation. So no peeping toms, no perverted eavesdropping. You are safe here with me, Greg."

Edited by Zashiii

I can see Greg pause and ponder about my good will. Clearly, I had no intention of taking advantage of this man. There was never a moment where I resorted to trickery and manipulation. Well, ignoring the stuff I did with the old gods of Reno or the foreign archdemons in Genesaris.

There is that distinct feeling of chills go up my spine. That could have been Libra checking up on me. One of these days, I really should tak to her about personal privacy and whatnots. In the meantime, I return my attention to Greg.

"I've only heard rumors, my lady. A guild of merchants seemed to hav lost a very important letter but recently recovered it. It seems that your criminal stole it then later lose the bloody thing. That's the gist of it. I don't want to be involved in more trouble."

After Greg left, I made arrangements to contact one of my friends from the many organization I am affiliated with. I left the town for now and called for a ride. Of course, a ride for me means airships.

"Airships never get old."

I watch as Aezer's Howl slowly descend from the skies. There is a time frame I need to keep in mind. I've already sent one of my urchins to find that sinister criminal. I boarded the ship and soon the vessel is running at a rather fast speed.

"I feel like Shikai would be a good helper."

@danzilla3

Shikai was indeed a good helper!

The Zombie had been enjoying a well deserved day off; which for him meant sitting on the balcony of his Joran City apartment and aimlessly picking away at his guitar when The Mistresses call reached him. He had only skimmed the details, but the gist of it was that his friend and comrade could use some help. Anyone in the higher echelons of The Dead knew that Shikai was the man to call if they ever found themselves in need of help. He would always drop whatever he was doing to lend a hand to a colleague.

Having quickly agreed on a meeting spot, the Dead General had hurried to the top of the building where he would meet The Mistress.

Finally spotting the Dead General from afar, the white-haired woman breathed a sigh of relief. She never liked asking help especially from her associates within the Dead but this was for the best. 

Or so she thought. Now that she had seen the man, she felt like she's starting to regret asking him. There's no point in backing out now. 

Putting on her most professional face, (which is definitely her resting bitch face), she regarded her colleague. 

"Thanks for coming," she spoke as her feet touched the ground after leaping off a speeding airship. "Now onto business...."

Spoiler

anyway..i need some input from you for the next part. 

"Business. Right. Serious business. Let me prepare myself."

Shikai stood ramrod straight; like a cadet at boot camp who just spotted his drill sergeant coming towards him with a sour look on his face. His normally jovial expression became a stone-faced mask that wouldn't have been out of place on a priest scolding a misbehaving schoolboy. Once he had assumed the proper frame of mind for seriousness, he regarded The Mistress; a faint sparkle still in his eyes.

"Down to business."

He hoped she would find the little show amusing; but if she didn't he was her superior in rank, and therefore it wasn't like anything bad would happen. What was the point of life if you weren't having fun?

On 11/18/2020 at 6:38 PM, danzilla3 said:

"Down to business."

"Yes. Business," the Dead Mistress nodded. "As you can see, I've reached quite the predicament."

She frowned as she pulled out her blade, Baeoi, from its sealed scabbard. "Although it pains me to ask too much from you, I'm a bit of a lost at the moment."

The blade glowed as she held before her while channeling power from it. Her eyes flashed black for a brief moment before returning to that striking yellow color.

"My many attempts at scrying and divination have miserably failed. Long story short, I am in need of assistance at locating the stolen letter from the local merchant's guild. All I have are whispers and gossips at the moment, and I fear that we may have to resort to uh.. more mundane methods."

Putting the sword away, she faced Shikai once more. "Once this is done, it would be my turn to owe you a favor."