Posted (edited)

ea3705a76e3b43636f01bd30f8c04e96.png

Fantasy-Art-Background-HD-Photos.jpg

"That might be the most important thing to understand about humans. It's the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions." 
–Benjamin Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine  

Born to Be Wild - IC thread
Chesterfield
De Viento

Hey, folks, it's your friendly neighborhood Shize-Man again, kek, here to spin my webbing and capture some flies. Guess what? You're the flies!

AND YOU'VE FALLEN INTO MY TRAP

Some of you may successfully escape. Others will remain with me into eternity...or at least unto the end of our roleplay?

Courtesy of our Supreme Commander, there exists a place in Lagrimosa called Chesterfield. It is a field of chests. Or is it? It's not. It's an urbanized science fantasy western nation-state city and city-state nation, but you're better off learning more about it from the corresponding link.

Within the region of Chesterfield there is this pretty spiffy forest called De Viento. That's Spanish for "of wind". It's catchy. I like it. I also like the theme of this forest and I quote: " A forest where the trees are living bioships."

Living. Bioships. Know of another place like this in Valucre? Me neither, so I'm sold. Yay.

Here's another quote: "When they reach budding age, they can be bonded with, boarded, and used as functional transport."

Budding. Bonded. Boarded. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica. I mean, I'm probably not planning on going the Battlestar Galactica route anytime soon, but I am taking the route that leads to my getting a bioship.

In this thread called Born to Be Wild, my character, Tyra Delane, has just arrived in the city of Chesterfield to eventually make her way to De Viento and see if she can't procure herself a bioship all flippity-flip. I've never done a roleplay like this before so I am quite excited fufu to the mufu.

The question I have for you is...WHO'S WITH MEEEEEEE

supernal posted the De Viento lore page on May 26 of this year. What that could mean for us OOC is that we could translate our new knowledge of this area to the IC level. What that bout of nonsense means is that maybe your character has just learned of this forest where the trees are living bioships and, like my character, wants to get one. You of course don't need my thread to do that but, since I'm starting off in a 'tavern hub' setting, you have the option of banding with me to discover this perennially awesome bioship place.

Personally, I'm going for a fairly long and in depth roleplay for this one. I plan on spanning multiple threads where my character will ultimately acquire a bioship and familiarize with it. I'm a firm believer in there being a time and a place for jumping right in and taking off but I don't think that this is one such occasion.

So, yeah. I don't have subtitles or bullet points to put in this WC thread because this isn't so much an event thread as a who's-with-me thread. I can solo this shindig, or get feelers down the road as roleplay rolls on, but I want to open this up to the public off the bat because I think that De Viento is as stellar as the stars.

If you want to join me now or later, feel free. I'll eventually max my IC thread out on participants depending on how things go. For now, post at your leisure, or hit me up here with any questions because, as much as I can ramble, I usually cover less than the basics.

On that note, the IC thread has this rather long 'journal entry' that you can totally skip without missing anything. Otherwise, I'll see you on the field of chests.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=13955469

it's a squid!

no lol that's Moya

Edited by Die Shize

13 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

I’m interested in what you’ve got going on. Could we make off with more than one? Is it bound to only perform in one loci  Or continent?

From my recollection of the lore page (my phone makes me lazy) there is no restriction on where the bioship can go, but any restriction on where the bioship can go would otherwise depend on the location and what rules are in place based on loci or handwaving or any other reasons. Like, I’m not sure a bioship cooperates with a setting like Ursa Madeum, but it’s a good question. 

Sounds like this bioship forest is designed to cater to just about anyone who wants a bioship so I reckon that more than myself can go get one. That’s actually what I should have clarified in my OP, in that anyone who joins my IC thread isn’t necessarily bound to help me acquire a bioship but is more than welcome to acquire their own alongside me!

25 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

I would be interested, then, most definitely 

I just gotta figure out a who. Who is Tyra, if you don’t mind me inquiring 

Your interest interests me!

Tyra is a totally new character I made up on the fly and I haven’t given her a whole lot of thought yet. What I can tell you is that she is an elf who has spent a number of years traveling the sea and the air, being an adventurer and explorer at heart. She is the Captain of the Wildwind which is an airship.

She has basically come to Chesterfield to continue her explorations, with a mindset similar to the Star Trek quote in this thread’s OP, but there is more than meets the eye as hinted in the IC thread’s ‘journal entry’ assuming you wanted to tackle it.

Otherwise that’s all for now when it comes to Tyra lol

6 hours ago, amenities said:

@Die Shize we are IN!

I think @L E V I A T H A N and I will join using our two Gaian clergy guys!

@L E V I A T H A N this can be traveling on their way up to Biazo after Yshmael and Matte met.

@L E V I A T H A N would you like to post in first or should I?

Set the stage, if you don’t mind!!

8 hours ago, amenities said:

@Die Shize we are IN!

I think @L E V I A T H A N and I will join using our two Gaian clergy guys!

@L E V I A T H A N this can be traveling on their way up to Biazo after Yshmael and Matte met.

@L E V I A T H A N would you like to post in first or should I?

1 hour ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

Set the stage, if you don’t mind!!

Lights—Camera—Action!

I’ll be in my trailer.