Die Shize

An Empty Throne - Who Will Sit it?

Posted (edited)

7MnbcdM.jpg

I hail ye, citizens of Valucre, and offer greetings and salutations to thee!

I, Lord Die of House Shize, call upon you brave souls to appeal to your goodly and just and nobly senses of justice and nobility and justice. Will you answer my call? Or will you...not answer my call? kek

Here's the flippity. There this civil war going on in Ursa Madeum but instead of breaking that down for you I'll link you to this thread and this other where folks have already done a fine job doing just that. Voila!

What I'm looking for is some good old collaborative roleplay between me and other UM roleplayers so that we can help develop this war and all that good fun stuff.

I am currently playing two separate entities in Ursa. On the one hand, I have House Tachelot. The Tachelots are loyal to the Crown and a part of the Corinthian Alliance attempting to push back the Carmine Pact. Lord Danerion, head of House Tachelot, is the main PC of the family. I mean...I guess he is...I dunno I have so many PCs it's hard to keep confused

On the other hand, I have Captain Wallace Ambrose of the Iron Justice. This feller is more of a neutral party right now, but he has since been active in Ursa Madeum hiring himself and his mercenary crew, the Ironborn, as a pirate hunter. Privateering isn't a far cry from that so yeah.

House Tachelot has recently landed in Thraece where House Arcos, heading the Carmine Pact, is "making waves" as they expand over the island. Lord Danerion has brought his forces to, hmm, make House Arcos' job a difficult one? Let's go with that.

Meanwhile, Captain Wallace is actually operating in the Queendom of Svanhild, also a presently neutral party amid the civil war. Got some discriminating locales oop north but I digress.

Where do you come in?

Well, apart from general roleplay adventure with yours truly, you can appeal to Captain Wallace particularly if you're in a position of power. Maybe you're a noble or aristocratic house looking for a capable captain to beat back some pirates. Maybe you just, like Wallace, really really don't like pirates and want to beat 'em up.

Or maybe you want to help my House Tachelot establish diplomatic ties and solidify the Corinthian Alliance so that we can really give the Carmine Pact the beatdown that it deserves and make those Carmies wish they ate their fingers for breakfast.

Regarding the Iron Justice, we can cook up some maritime madness OOC and start a whole new thread and sing about it like that chick in Aladdin.

Regarding the House of Tachelot, I have two Tachelot threads that are opened up for such purposes. They are pretty OP heavy but the meat and potatoes can be discussed OOC and such.

A Game of Words

This thread is set in the lands of House Tachelot in eastern Corinth. It serves as an avenue for me to develop the house IC and explore relationships and political dynamics. Between other roleplayers and myself, it is an ideal setting for diplomacy, and we can even go on serious or not so serious adventures within the Tachelot lands, Corinth overall or into the seas (if you can swim, that is).

A Clash of Swords

This thread is set in Thraece. This is the war front of House Tachelot. Lord Danerion has arrived in full force to begin his campaign against the conquest of the Carmine Pact. While battles are being waged in the island of Misral, Tachelot endeavors to contest with the enemy in the island of Thraece, the same island that House Arcos is headquartered in. While battles will eventually come to A Clash of Swords, there is still opportunity for building alliances and other such political stuff that aren't so stabby stabby.

A Storm of Souls

Artha Tachelot, Danerion's younger sister, is commanding a Tachelot host in Misral to help the Alliance repel the Carmine invaders.

So, do you have an Ursa Madeum character? Do you have a house? Not that kind of house but the other kind? Do you want to make either? Click those links at the top of all this nonsense and find out how to get started. Otherwise, hit me up in this thread and we can discuss all the awesome ways that we can play this GAME OF THRONES (I SAID IT)

Edited by Die Shize

I am blooping myself here to remind myself that I may have an idea or two for you to play with. I’m currently drowning under the weight of finals, so I will be able to reach out to you in a few days. 

1 hour ago, Aleksei said:

I am blooping myself here to remind myself that I may have an idea or two for you to play with. I’m currently drowning under the weight of finals, so I will be able to reach out to you in a few days. 

Consider yourself blooped.

I was planning on creating an arms-peddler style organisation for UM, a sort of high end weapons production company. It would deal with creating war weaponry and high end magic items for the rich, selling off products to the highest bidder. If it's something you're interested in, I'd happily collab. 

27 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

I was planning on creating an arms-peddler style organisation for UM, a sort of high end weapons production company. It would deal with creating war weaponry and high end magic items for the rich, selling off products to the highest bidder. If it's something you're interested in, I'd happily collab. 

I make it a habit to avoid magic as much as plausible, but my enemy has it in spades and the Alliance has quickly learned the importance of its military application.

As long as we continue adhering to UM’s low magic setting, I think an audience with the regent of Oathshield is in order. 

Also, hello again, old friend from the Skaven expedition!

2 hours ago, Rabbit said:

To echo what Die Shize said, magic is very rare in Ursa Madeum. I'm not against the idea—I think it has some merit—but I would be very careful in its application. As long as you're not weaponizing entire armies with wands of fireball, then I think it should be okay for the most part. Scarcity is a big part of what makes magic special. It's typically reserved for PCs and very few NPCs. 

For reference, the Legion, the army with the most mages, only has around a hundred of them. A couple hundred at the most. Something like 150 in an army of 50,000, yet they're still devastating despite their relatively small numbers. 

If you need more details, you're always welcome to discuss the matter with me and @Csl in PM or on Discord. 

3 minutes ago, Phoebe said:

What do ya mean xd? I already have a throne in a Thraeceian House that sided with the Carmine Pact....  There is room for roleplay here, but that depends on whether coups are allowed or not.

7 hours ago, Die Shize said:

I make it a habit to avoid magic as much as plausible, but my enemy has it in spades and the Alliance has quickly learned the importance of its military application.

As long as we continue adhering to UM’s low magic setting, I think an audience with the regent of Oathshield is in order. 

Also, hello again, old friend from the Skaven expedition!

By high end, I did mean high end within the lore and settings of UM. And Oathshield sounds awesome 👍 I'll get to work on creating a landing page for the organisation. 

8 hours ago, Rabbit said:

By high end, I did mean high end within the lore and settings of UM. And Oathshield sounds awesome 👍 I'll get to work on creating a landing page for the organisation. 

Sounds good! Just ping me when you're ready to proceed. I'll have a pot of tea ready. Or coffee, if you prefer.

Also, even if we're all on the same page already, I'll drop this here for anyone else as it pertains to what we've been discussing regarding UM's state of magic and such. I did exaggerate with "in spades" and this snippet from Wade's thread helps capture how the Carmine Pact has a magical advantage but not an overwhelming one:

Spoiler

III - Mages

As a byproduct of the war, there's been a strong push for mages to join the army. Their destructive capabilities, combined with their overall versatility, makes them an invaluable resource for dictating the general flow of battle. House Arcos has demonstrated this fact repeatedly with their use of magical artillery, forcing the Corinthian Alliance to adapt in an effort to keep up.

Mages are thus becoming more popular and widely accepted by the common folk, as deep-rooted social stigmas are slowly beginning to fade away. This is an ideal context for players who are looking to dabble in the arcane arts of Ursa Madeum. Though, it's important to keep in mind that the Kingdom is still considered a low magic setting. Magic will continue to be thought of as rare despite its rapidly growing use, and there will always be corners of the world prone to burning witches at the stake. 

This is a good lore article to check for any of you interested in magic.

Posted (edited)

UPDATE

House Tachelot has entered the conflict in Misral in this IC thread.

I don't have numerical figures (yet) but suffice to say that the Tachelot commander in Misral, Captain-General Artha Tachelot, commands a smaller force than the one led by Danerion in Thraece.

I'm still reading up on others' IC posts but I figured that, with all the fighting going on in Misral, it was open season for some Tachelot dipping!

If there are timeline conflicts I can work around that...I hope

Edited by Die Shize