Posted (edited)

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well.

I'm fairly new to Valucre so please excuse any poor wording or wrong terminology and such 😅

Anyways, into the roleplay check!

So in Yh'mi there is a group of paladins intending to cleanse the land of whatever corruption is plaguing it, you know the White Hand paladins well. 
But what if there was more than just animals and corruption to face? What if some group was actively opposing them from the shadows? 

I had a cult just sitting around in the back of my head for a while now, named "The Hands of Abberoth." obviously it would be evil aligned.  This cult would attempt to cut off  the White Hand at every turn. The Hands of Abberoth would also be searching for this corrupting power, not to destroy it, but to harness it. To exploit its power, for what purpose we could decide later.

The Hands of Abberoth serve Abberoth, Lord of Oblivion. Abberoth is a multi-limbed, most notably multi-handed, god. He is not the god of death, but rather oblivion. Total annihilation, burning into ashes, etc. As such his disciples are destructive, though Abberoth may not lend much power to them. Abberoth would rather point them towards artifacts of power, or show them how to attain power themselves in other ways. 

I am looking for Hands of Abberoth, as well as paladins of The White Hand (ranked or unranked, I don't mind either). I will be leading the cult (well my character will be but you get the point)

Feel free to ask me any questions!

P.S. I added group small and group large because I wanted a small-ER group for The Hands of Abberoth than for the White Hand.

Edited by Rembrandt

I added a few tags to your thread to give a little more information at first glance. You can add / remove them as needed. If you want a banner advert for it you can request one in the announcement thread pinned in this water cooler board

Neat interest check and good luck!

5 minutes ago, supernal said:

I added a few tags to your thread to give a little more information at first glance. You can add / remove them as needed. If you want a banner advert for it you can request one in the announcement thread pinned in this water cooler board

Neat interest check and good luck!

Thanks for the tags! I'll look into the banner advert.

sounds cute and fun!  I probably wouldn't have enough time to join since I'm currently involved with multiple threads, but if you need an extra player, I'd be happy to join in as best I can

7 hours ago, squid peanut said:

sounds cute and fun!  I probably wouldn't have enough time to join since I'm currently involved with multiple threads, but if you need an extra player, I'd be happy to join in as best I can

I'll definitely keep you in mind, let me know if you get an opening! I'll try not to drag you into more than you can handle.

Although a gamble it may help to get things going as seeing a game actually started tends to draw more attention than just its potential to exist. Kind of like the whole “if you build it they will come” 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Rembrandt said:

What are the rules for bumping?

Basically that a thread go 24 hours without a post before you can make a post that goes “bump”

also @L E V I A T H A N this would be a good inroad for your clergy character, in terms of opposing the cult and helping yh’mi

Edited by supernal

Oohh! This sounds super fun 🙂 , do you mind if I whip up a cultist character to join your evil ranks? I'm thinking he could be a sort of Sacrificial Sorcerer, as in he needs to harm himself (or sacrifice other things, like loved ones or artifacts or power, etc) to harm others or do most things? If that fits with your cult, I'll get right on him! If not, I'm willing to compromise for something more fitting !

3 hours ago, Froggychum said:

Oohh! This sounds super fun 🙂 , do you mind if I whip up a cultist character to join your evil ranks? I'm thinking he could be a sort of Sacrificial Sorcerer, as in he needs to harm himself (or sacrifice other things, like loved ones or artifacts or power, etc) to harm others or do most things? If that fits with your cult, I'll get right on him! If not, I'm willing to compromise for something more fitting !

That's actually perfect! I'll set up an OOC thread. I should've done that earlier but I forgot. 

1 hour ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

Very open to this!

I'll set up an OOC thread so we can talk about what character you'll be using.