supernal

Chesterfield citizens - a tighter focus

Posted (edited)

Something about how the same wattage that goes into a light bulb, if focused into a tighter beam, makes a laser that can cut into metal. I want some of that! Although there are many awesome stories set against a sprawling backdrop the same is also true for stories which have a much tighter focus in terms of landscape. Some of the best stories take place in the scope of a town or a city

So that's what I'm going for. I want people that not only call Chesterfield a home but that actually treat it as a home. Who don't just have Chesterfield as a byline of "born here" or "resides here" but actually goes about the business of residing. I want neighborhoods, which means we need neighbors

As yet there's no specific roleplay tied to this, I'm just looking for people who might be interested in keeping a foot solidly in Chesterfield meanwhile they play all the other games that interest them. If it interests you, let me know! If open ended storylines pop up in the setting I'll circle back to throw them here too

It’ll probably be a good bit of slice of life so brace yourselves

https://www.valucre.com/topic/44504-chesterfield-information/

Questions and so on, right here works

Edited by supernal

For what it's worth, I'll be in the process of establishing Chesterfield as Amelia's permanent residence for the foreseeable future. 

1 hour ago, beak said:

For what it's worth, I'll be in the process of establishing Chesterfield as Amelia's permanent residence for the foreseeable future. 

That is worth plenty. I don't know about as much as gold but it's pretty up there. You're getting in while the metaphorical real estate is cheap (unless you want an ocean view)

(unless you want an ocean view)

No sea-stead for now, since Amelia lacks distinction as either political or commercial sovereignty, but let's see how it plays out. Nothing's worth a thing if you don't work for it. 

...Remember that idea I pitched to you? This could be a decent spot to plant it. Treasure hunters, haunted ruins. :^)

Just now, Nessuno said:

...Remember that idea I pitched to you? This could be a decent spot to plant it. Treasure hunters, haunted ruins. :^)

I fully encourage this

1 minute ago, supernal said:

I fully encourage this

Consider it underway, then. I'll sink my teeth into the city and the surrounding areas, and get back to you with something workable! 

This sounds ideal for me right now since I have a character who will be working to obtain a bioship. As I want this process to be...organic...it will span some time IC. So living near the bioship makes sense!