Darthgamer101

3 Wishes and a Ledger

@Rembrandt

Are you still intending on serving an antagonistic role to Sharps in any capacity still? Could you expand on any ideas you had in mind for that, and also potentially how the space cowboy fits into that? Sorry, that bit just throws me for a loop lol. 

Tagging @Pseudonym as well because they haven't followed. 

The outline of this thread is intended to vaguely be the rediscovery of The Ledger, the how is in the air. The only two criteria for the threads end are that Sharps' is found, and summoned. Outside of that, we need to decide what the party is going to look like, if there is one. Will you all be traveling separately, and discovering The Ledger around the same time? Or will you all journey together to chase this myth?

I have two thoughts for Jah. 

Thought one is Jah joins with the antagonist as a double agent under the guise of a demobologist. Hired and along for the ride to ensure when the ledger is found it is properly destroyed and sharps is sealed away forever. Only to have Jah stab the antagonist in the back and complete the ritual which was a fake stealing spell to summon Sharps.

Or Jah runs Solo/ with other people who seek the ledger in order to summon Sharps under the rule set that Jah does the summoning, Jah gets the first wish and anyone who desire to stand in his way become the first of many blood sacrifices for the summoning ritual.

I am open to volunte... I mean suggestions on how the party comes together!

I think I'd prefer to start off in the company of someone else, help Sharps get a feel for the tone. I'm not to picky on the context so I'll go with whatever the other players want. Also, now following.

On 6/29/2020 at 8:50 PM, Darthgamer101 said:

@Rembrandt

Are you still intending on serving an antagonistic role to Sharps in any capacity still? Could you expand on any ideas you had in mind for that, and also potentially how the space cowboy fits into that? Sorry, that bit just throws me for a loop lol. 

Tagging @Pseudonym as well because they haven't followed. 

The outline of this thread is intended to vaguely be the rediscovery of The Ledger, the how is in the air. The only two criteria for the threads end are that Sharps' is found, and summoned. Outside of that, we need to decide what the party is going to look like, if there is one. Will you all be traveling separately, and discovering The Ledger around the same time? Or will you all journey together to chase this myth?

I am still intending for Auran (previously named "Piran") to serve a direct antagonistic role to Sharps. I was thinking that he could be inducted into the party a little bit after the main introductions, as someone the party stumbles upon on their journey. He might learn this history of Sharps from rumors and such, and realize that this creature was a creature of evil, intent on controlling and possibly destroying this world, and his determination to save it increases. 

And I've changed him from a space cowboy to something a bit more theme fitting. Now he's just a traveller.

one whom is quite lost.

Sharps: Chuckles evilly, "You think you know my true plan, do you? Whahwahwhahwahw"

But yeah like I said, Sharps is undecided about his morality at the moment so maybe Auran just irritates him so much he's like "Then let me be evil!"

10 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Sharps: Chuckles evilly, "You think you know my true plan, do you? Whahwahwhahwahw"

But yeah like I said, Sharps is undecided about his morality at the moment so maybe Auran just irritates him so much he's like "Then let me be evil!"

Auran: Hey

Sharps: Yeah

Auran: hey

Sharps: what do you want

Auran: hEY

Sharps, thinking to himself: I swear to god if this guy says hey one more time I will literally level a city

Sharps: ok seriously what do you wa-

Auran: HEY

Sharps: oH MY-

GOOD STUFF!

I'm sorry for the silence of the northern front, I am swamped with classwork atm. But it is my hope I will release a simplified outline and plan for the thread, along with the thread itself, in a day or two. Thank you all for your patience, excited to get this underway.

The posting rate is going to be once every four days, this is to give me a bit of extra time, and to set the expectation that this thread will move along at an acceptable rate but not a blistering one.

3 hours ago, Darthgamer101 said:

GOOD STUFF!

I'm sorry for the silence of the northern front, I am swamped with classwork atm. But it is my hope I will release a simplified outline and plan for the thread, along with the thread itself, in a day or two. Thank you all for your patience, excited to get this underway.

The posting rate is going to be once every four days, this is to give me a bit of extra time, and to set the expectation that this thread will move along at an acceptable rate but not a blistering one.

Oh jeez. 

Is it okay if I post earlier than that? I get excited lmao

On 7/2/2020 at 7:20 PM, Rembrandt said:

hey guys, my brain is big dumb and won't let me put Auran into a neat list of things to write about him but!

He's ready

Do you have a sheet, or a description you can unload? The sheet isn't necessary, and we will develop a further understanding of Auran during RP, but you've got me curious!

Outline time, and I will make the thread very very soon. But for now, here's the brief.

The Maelor, Sharps, has been sealed for a very long time. The band of heroes that did him in were unable to destroy the ledger that held his soul, and stowed it away, underground. For this, they requisitioned the aid of builders, wizards, and engineers. They constructed a complex whose door had one key, and whose lock were dozens of powerful magic spells. The complex is your stereotypical dungeon. It has been the subject of many inquiries to the Office of Salvage, Archaeology, and Adventuring, due to its age and mystery. Alas, the large doors that barred entry were too well protected, and, in an incredibly rare instance, right of salvage was uniformly denied to this dungeon. 

This did not stop the notoriously greedy and academically exiled, archaeologist Amadeo Lo Bianco, from wanting it anyways. He has had his interests laid upon those massive stone doors for years, decades, even. So it brought him him immense joy when a good friend and mage told him her most recent visit had proven fruitful. Those old spells stood strong, but their fuel waned. It would not be long now until they sputtered out altogether. It was time to finally plunder that keep, the laws be damned. Amadeo discreetly released a call for help, and a promise of wealth. This contract and offer circulated through the darker circles of the adventuring industry, and eventually, found it's way to Jah'Rakul. Seeing this as an incredible opportunity for new magical knowledge, and the much needed wealth required for fueling such an interest, Jah takes up this offer. But, far more importantly, Jah knows something Amadeo and his crew do not. He knows what is inside, and he knows of The Ledger. Jah'rakul knows of the thing within it, and the wishes it grants. More importantly he has read the books of old, and they have told him the blood rites needed to bring this creature back to life, bringing Jah's dreams with them.  

But this endeavor does not go unnoticed, Amadeo is infamous, and Lagrimosian authorities have long spat his name like a curse. Civil court has been the most they could bring the despicable grave-robber to, and as a result have eager to charge him with even the slightest crime. That crime has come, and it could not have been met with any more excitement. A squad was deployed and made haste to the dungeon, hoping to get there before Amadeo did. It is during this journey, while resting at an inn, Auran and (I don't know the name of Pseudo's character lol) overhear them planning. Completely seperate from this event, and what would appear to be ludicrously lucky, both of these adventurers had heard tale of The Maelor, Sharps. One had listened to, and then made a swift bag of gold repeating, a tale of a ledger that recorded dreams like accounts. The other had overheard a crazed zealot, screaming atop a soapbox of the profaned Maelor, and of the sinners that made deals with it. The things they overhear from the squad surprise them both, could this wild tale be true? They approach, inquire, and are invited to join them. 

Should they agree, they will race to beat Amadeo to the dungeon. 

This is the pitch, and the individual ways you all come to hear of the information here is completely up to you. This is just my take on it. I tried to satisfy what i understood here.

Sidenote, Pseudo what is the name of your character? And, like Rem, could you drop a quick blurb about them here or link a sheet if you've got it? I have a sneaking suspicion you've named your character Sharps, from the way you have spoken, which is the same name as The Maelor's. If not, my b lol.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you all like it, I will make a thread and begin DM'ing the initial scenes.