Rembrandt

The Hands of Abberoth OOC thread

9 hours ago, Froggychum said:

Sounds like a pretty good mission for us, but how do you plan on allowing Leviathan's Yshmael and clergy NPCs involved?

I really like the idea of building a church, but if we're in the middle of nowhere when we do it, I dunno how any paladins are going to get involved?

Also, where are we on the map right now? I think you said we were at the entrance to Yh'mi... would that be somewhere in the south? Or did you mean the entrance to Inns'th which is in the north?

One last thing for us to keep in mind, is that Skar (with his revised biography, which you can get linked to in my signature) arrived in Yh'mi three years ago from the Great Pine Barrens in the northeast, I wrote that he hasn't been very far south (though I can change that, I think I got confused between The South of Yh'mi and The Unknown Territories (of Eldritch Horror), which he hasn't been before).

Also, where is our current headquarters? Where couldSkar have met the rest of the cultists?

wow I really 

really

really 

should've read up on more lore first.

Give me like 3 years and I'll get back to that

7 hours ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

if it is an overnight operation, then I can make camp by nightfall. 

The Broken Plains are the present environment for both parties afaik, having left south into Yh’mi via Inns’th’s gate entry into The Wall. 

I figure you’ll reside somewhere north of lirrey, or close to the forest. The Spires are a danger zone as of late iirc. Might not want to settle there. 

have the other cultists all made it through the Wall? 

"afaik"?

"iirc"?

And they're about half a day behind Chrysma and Skar, pretty much following footsteps. 

5 hours ago, Rembrandt said:

Anyways, I'm going to actually look at the lore so I don't BS stuff or beat around the bush

As far as I know 

if I recall correctly. 

shorthand my friend 🤕😂

but yea I posted a map somewhere here in the ooc and jaistlyn or myself has dropped the Yh’mi information. It’s easy to find too if you’re already on the hunt ❤️

20 hours ago, Froggychum said:

I really like the idea of building a church, but if we're in the middle of nowhere when we do it, I dunno how any paladins are going to get involved?

Well for one do you think that around 22 cultists performing several rituals and also an ENTIRE CAVE being blown out is going to be silent and/or inconspicuous?

On 7/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, Froggychum said:

Also, where are we on the map right now? I think you said we were at the entrance to Yh'mi... would that be somewhere in the south? Or did you mean the entrance to Inns'th which is in the north?

We are currently entering through Inns'th.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, Froggychum said:

Also, where is our current headquarters? Where couldSkar have met the rest of the cultists?

I'm a bit stumped on this one, because they wouldn't have camped near the wall, as the White Hand most likely would've found them, but I also don't want them to START out of Yh'mi. So perhaps they're a traveling cult, guided to this one particular location by Abberoth for whatever reason. Let me read Skar's backstory again so that I can pinpoint an exact location that they could meet.

I don't mind wherever it is Skar met up with the cult along his travels, I left his travel path purposely vague to allow for him to have been a lot of places, but not anywhere dangerous enough for his mild powers to not be able to face off against and/or flee from. That's why I mentioned he only ever traveled to the dangerous parts once... and it cost him his ability to feel... so, yeah.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:51 PM, Rembrandt said:

We are currently entering through Inns'th.

I'm a bit stumped on this one, because they wouldn't have camped near the wall, as the White Hand most likely would've found them, but I also don't want them to START out of Yh'mi. So perhaps they're a traveling cult, guided to this one particular location by Abberoth for whatever reason. Let me read Skar's backstory again so that I can pinpoint an exact location that they could meet.

Anywhere North of Inns’th works. Great Pine Barrens are vast and magically laden. Could also come from Casper or a peripheral village outside of martial town/old Palgard. 

you all could’ve met along the caves of the Black Ridge though! And moved down in small parties of 2-6

Great road through the continent can deliver ye many places. I do like the nomadic touch I’m sure they have a moving establishment (relocate via summon circle of at least ___ number of devours present so the ritual doesn’t bleeed them all!)

or they use their geo skills to raise and maintain it or reduce it so they might not leave a trace aside from foul energy signatures  

just assume everyone is sliding in through Inns’th check in from the Ridge/Star and Chrysma could’ve met up north of the Wall befor Inns’th  and are now through first because they were a little closer  

Do what you envision regarding placement(or lack thereof! Yh’mi has wonderful locations imo so it is fun to incorporate them. Mind you were moving through the Broken Plains right now. East might have the most stable land(but is just as dangerous as all else ! )

@Froggychum

@L E V I A T H A N

OKAY

SO

Lev helped me a bit with geography and stuff and (correct me if I'm wrong plz), here's how the plan went:

Cult travels down south through the caves of Black Ridge. 

We're going through Inns'th to drop off our BS info, and into the broken plains where we'll wait a day for the full cult to catch up. We head southWEST, and into the 50 KM of unexplored territory, where we blow out the cavern and raise JESUS, R E B U K E T H E D E V I L the church of Abberoth. Sending out massive waves of sounds and frankly bad vibes. 

Thus, The Hands of Abberoth establishes itself in Yh'mi. Of course, not without the obstacle of a pesky White Hand guy, who sensed the extreme bad vibes, and possibly a few paladins who happened to hear the boom~