Posted (edited)

Location: Renovatio > Nehalen > Oo'Xora > Takaramachi (Treasure Town)

It has been said countless times that one must learn to adapt and evolve with the times, or parish in their failure to do so. The slaying of the Gods has lead to a time of Imperial silence, in which the Emperor Koji has been missing since such tragic events began. As the age of man kicks off, those that had been here before the Emperor and that would no doubt be here long after him see this as their opportunity to rise! To reclaim their streets, their land, their home...Their honor!

The times changed, and with it technology. While the gifted minority could still weild blades in the most preternatural applications, and a vast majority remained arcana inclined, the need for things like Saburai and Shinobi alike was greatly diminishing. The already shattered clans of that endured the history of these lands have a new plan to restore their former greatness by way of new prowess. Borrowing from their Northeastern neighbors, the clans of old work diligently to establish a strong family. 

A young ambitious man by the name of Hu Bai Ying has been rallying his brothers and sisters from the Oniwabanshu and the Shinku no Hasu alike in order to storm the Gokudo Gang base at their docks. Removing their potential opposition not only secured their dominance, but also let the smaller cliques around town know that they could either fall in with the movement, or become a victim of it.

Nothing in life cam be gained without sacrifice. Hu Bai Ying deemed himself worthy of carrying the torch that would lead him, nigh all of Takaramachi into times of great prosperity! No big seat of political power was necessary, besides, both his associates and himself had already mastered the arts of working from the shadows. Together they will form what he has chosen to call The Heaven and Earth Society.

tl;dr - Inspired by the Nu Martyr Mafias, the Oo'Xoran province is experiencing a fresh birth of Yakuza families (with some external, similar influences). I will be starting a thread today to establish the beginning of this plot. All are welcome to join, but I'm applying a once per week post minimum in order to attempt ensuring we don't stall out waiting for someone.

Feel free to Express interest, drop comments, questions or concerns here. My DMs are always open if you'd rather keep your thoughts or ideas hush hush. I plan on establishing one other Yakuza in Jigoku (Genesaris), and one of my buddies is working on one for Oo'Xora Capitol. This interest check is however, specifically angled for this particular family. 

Edited by Twitterpated
Edited top add more accurate name translation*

19 minutes ago, Twitterpated said:

Any particular concepts jumping out at you?

tbh I've been looking to drop a Dai-yokai type, and I love the Yakuza vibe. And I've been trying to find a way into Jigoku and the likes of your realms as is. I could operate anywhere under the guise of said fellow. Doesn't seem hard for spirit/demon/yokai types to port in or manifest as it is but

I'm very open to compromise, sayyyyy notayokaiufookinweeb 

Regardless, very happy to bolster your area and push narratives (given I receive a little direction  uwu)

Posted (edited)

I have no issue either way. 

I also gave a Daitengu shinobi on the shelf, though I hadn't considered whether or not I'd include him in this plot. 

But yeah, whatever vibe you're feeling, I'm sure you can make it work. 

Hell, why wouldn't the yokai potentially change with the social climate? Some of them at least.

Edited by Twitterpated

2 hours ago, Twitterpated said:

I have no issue either way. 

I also gave a Daitengu shinobi on the shelf, though I hadn't considered whether or not I'd include him in this plot. 

But yeah, whatever vibe you're feeling, I'm sure you can make it work. 

Hell, why efficent the yokai potentially change with the social climate? Some of them at least.

Say that last part again my guy 

I retranslated the name from Chinese to Japanese, the characters are intended to have some mixed influence or at least the ones I create are.

The two terms are similar in that they are organized crime syndicates. Though we must remember that while the elements are being borrowed from, literally nothing about these characters are Japanese nor Chinese for that matter. They're Renovatian islanders, that differ from their mainland cousins.

In fact in this case, it's a flip flop scenario now that I think about it. The make shift idea of China is the island and Japan being the larger continent.

5 minutes ago, Twitterpated said:

I retranslated the name from Chinese to Japanese

Retranslated which name? Warudokurabu? I dunno what Chinese word you're translating it from, but the end result isn't Japanese, it's just Japanese-pronounced English. That's literally just "World Club".

If you mean you translated it from The Heaven and Earth Society, I have no idea how you ended up with "World Club" but you'd probably be better off with the name "Tenchikai", which literally means "Heaven and Earth Society".

Jonny, did you just go straight to Google Translate? :U

6 minutes ago, Twitterpated said:

The two terms are similar in that they are organized crime syndicates. Though we must remember that while the elements are being borrowed from, literally nothing about these characters are Japanese nor Chinese for that matter. They're Renovatian islanders, that differ from their mainland cousins.

I mean...they're similar in the sense that they're both forms of organized crime but I wouldn't exactly call them interchangeable. Even if you're using them as similar terms, using them both there just sounds kindof redundant. You may as well just call them either or, or just gangsters if it has nothing to do with being Japanese or Chinese. Though either Renovatian Yakuza or Renovatian Triads works from the sound of it.

I think the "flip flop" is irrelevant though, since it ultimately doesn't matter which one is "China" and which is "Japan" when its neither. I just thought "Yakuza Triads" sounded redundant at best and confusing at worst.

Indeed I did go to Google Translate.😏

As for the terms, I didn't say they were interchangable, I said what I meant. I'm calling this gang a Triad Yakuza. It's it's own thing, drawing inspirations from both. 🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

You guys remind me so much of this video I just ROFL

On 7/16/2020 at 10:37 AM, Twitterpated said:

Feel free to Express interest, drop comments, questions or concerns here.

^^^^^^^^

Jonny said drop comments, questions and concerns. I said my piece. 

If it's such a bother to you guys then I'll keep my mouth shut next time.