Posted (edited)

A character of mine, Emilio, a native of Chesterfield, wants to throw a little get together to familiarize himself with his neighbors. Not everyone has the same incentive as I do to be a Chesterfield native or live-in so consider the atmosphere relaxed and open to the public. If you just happen to be passing by have a sandwich and some lemonade. The main purpose of this is for slice of life networking and narrative exploration of the Chesterfield environment

I won't be submitting it to canon so feel free to come with your most creative hat on. We can pick and choose for the interpersonal relationship what we want to survive beyond the thread

If that sounds interesting to you let me know and I'll tag you when I have the IC thread up. I don’t slice of life often so be prepared for awkward attempts!

Characters

Edited by supernal

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, Ataraxy said:

Is there a pool? 

Are there restrictions to characters even if I promise to stick with the genre?

Hmmm. How about nearby small lake access with a tire swing? 

For characters, the only restrictions I can think of is like anyone antisocial, histrionic, or I guess with a reputation for being a terrorist 😛 

Unless they’re in a guise! 

edit - also would apply to like royalty for example if they’re trying to make it a big deal like oooo look at me ladeeda KISS MY RING. None of that, but if they just want to try some of my tapas that’s fine  

Edited by supernal

1 hour ago, Pygmalion said:

If Severin makes it out of the ant colony alive, maybe a house party might ease the nerves...

You can have this take place before the ant quest if you’d like? 

If not I’ll keep the party thread open so feel free to drop by whenever! 

Posting it here for the record: I'm sending a character to familiarize himself with Chesterfield and Valucre, since a portal opened up to the location from Raptor Island (a location I will host in Alternative at some point in the future).

Well, more like they discovered the co-ordinates. Portal tech is big in Raptor Island.

@The Alexandrian @Metty I'm writing up the post now, in fact. I look forward to what fun will come out of this!

8 minutes ago, Hannapie said:

How long do you plan to keep the post up and open?

This thread has no definitive end. I suppose whenever the players lose interest! As long as it’s up it’s open 

In case anyone is wondering - no real post order here. If it gets pretty packed and busy then we can do a "post at any time just once per turn" loose order but since it's just a few of us I figure we can adjust our pacing on the fly