Walk Among The Abyss

Azure Seas (Closed)

Posted (edited)

(OOC: Quick Tidbit - All are welcome if so chooses. Questions, PM me)

Somewhere in Rowan

The rays of light quietly crept through the lush foliage of the trees. The sunshine danced and flutter through the eyelids of the unconscious human figure sprawled out on the bed of the plants below the tree line. As the form laid there, droplets of drool began to pool to the side of his head which was comfortably resting on some twigs that had gracefully caught him as he plummeted through the trees. Had another inhabitant walked up on him, they would believe he was inevitable dead only to become a source of nutrients for the surround area. Thankfully for this figure, he was not. Far from dead. Just resting from an eventful night of chaos that had led him to the outskirts of some unknown sky island…

As the sun transitioned in the sky, the lifeless body of the male began showing signs of birth. First, the fingers started moving, as if trying to run away from the rest of the body but was soon followed by a groan as a muscular arm bent smearing off dirt, soot and blood from the face. Electrical currents pulsated as the engine turned on after idling for so many hours; he was finally awake. Still laying, his brain began to calibrate as thoughts flooded through his consciousness. The brief memory of his airship catching fire and being thrown from the deck as he hit a metaphorical bridge created from the local trees was his first thought.

Just what I get for borrowing an airship from some Lord who bought a trophy model and not a smuggler or warship vessel,” he spoke to no one in particular. As far as he could tell, he was alone. His bright blue eyes stared up to the treetops. How he avoided cracking his skulls on the way down was a mystery. Sure, his ribs were a little sore, some blood trickled from the corner spot on his ear where flesh and cartilage once covered but overall, he was the embodiment of a well-oiled machine.  

Placing his hands on his right knee, he pushed his body up off the ground and gave himself a once-over. Not too bad, he thought. The black poet shirt he was wearing had been scorched from the fire leaving a few seared holes allowing a few abdominal masterpieces peeking out to kiss the light and his left sleeve partially burned to his elbow without any fire damage to his skin or hair. Other than his shirt, his dark green pants and boots were fine. Even his balaclava around his neck came through to the other side unscathed. The very last thing he checked was inside his pants pocket, his right hand reached down and touched a small metallic key followed by a course piece of cloth. Still there, he thought to himself. The cloth was enchanted so it wouldn’t have been destroyed by any normal means; however, losing it was a possibility.

After the realization that his body and precious cargo was undamaged, his thoughts strayed to the last moments on the air ship and where it could be at now. The airship could not have gone too far. Once he realized his stern had been badly damaged, he immediately scanned for a suitable location but after his hull exploded then he knew the truth; someone or something had attacked him forcing him to deviate any plans of landing properly.

Where am I? He thought as he picked up a red clover and tossed it into his mouth.

Edited by Walk Among The Abyss

The elf that passed by tilted her head at the man who just ate a clover. Usually the people here didn't eat the wild flowers that grew here. But it seemed that this person didn't know any better. She blinked, her black-teal irises watching him curiously as she sat on the tree limb. Rowan was a land of such opportunities, yet it was a strange and undiscovered land. The elf had black-teal curls that ran down her back and over her shoulders. She wore a long sleeve shirt and a plaid skirt. The elf was also barefoot. 

Azura-Dawn tilted her head once more before she spoke. You probably shouldn't eat those. I mean red clover unprocessed might not be good for humans to consume. Welcome to the floating island of Rowan. I am Azura-Dawn. Who might you be?

She then jumped down from the tree limb and looked him over. A lot of humans lived in Rowan, well many as she had lost count over the years on her travels through-out the floating island. It had been a long time since someone decided to come here despite Athentha and its sister islands were cursed lands. You'd come here normal and by the end the residents were changed in some manner. Azura-Dawn hoped that this man could handle Rowan. Then again humans were curious creatures able to defy limits.

Well, come on. Get up, I'll help you get cleaned up and some real food. Humans still eat real food right? Unless I'm mistaken. Most here started eating a new thing. And it's been a loooong time since I've been to Rowan.

Azura-Dawn held out her hand to help him up. Though the man should remain cautious, after all, it was Rowan. Everyone here had their own agendas, plans. For now the elf seemed genuine, wanting to help the stranger. Plus red clover didn't sound that good to eat.

Strange, he thought as his eyes shifted to the elf in front of him. He had been preoccupied with admiring his own physique that he hadn’t noticed a native of the area approach him. His gaze rapidly shifted from the sky to the figure before him. His mood wouldn’t change under the circumstances, but he was a cautious person when it came to others.

“Don’t worry about me, things I eat tend to get turned into ash inside my stomach so I should be alright.”

Avoiding her polite response of holding her hand out, the male instead rudely ignoring the elf female began scanning the area for any other inhabitants. Odd, he thought, is there someone else near? He tossed that thought in a locker in his mind and returned his gaze back to her.

“You wouldn’t have happened to have seen an airship, kinda flashy with like some godly fake gold siding that screams ‘My daddy bought this for me’ with the chance of it also being on fire?” His voice remaining cheerful without any hints of concern as he stretched out his back and arms. Even his posture was relaxed considering falling from the sky and an encounter with another person out of the blue.

“Food you say…I’m always up for food. Is it free?”

His feet began moving, circling around the newcomer, “You don’t appear to want to kill me,” speaking to her as he stopped back at his original spot. “But I really do need to find that ship. Would like my effects back and a change of clothes is in order.”

A ship on fire you say? Azura-Dawn asked tapping her finger against her chin. One on fire, well I did see some wreckage over near the hub city of Regis-Platinum. And it had a weird gold marking. Of course, I mean you don't have any coin do you?

Azura-Dawn let her arms fall to her sides. She then turned and walked down the path. Her wanting to kill him? Did anyone really die here? Not really. They just changed, ascended. Humans got it the worst, torn asunder by wicked vices into monsters. The elf sighed softly. Knowing that he would attract those wanting to pedal the vices that humans were addicted to. 

Looking over her shoulder, Azura-Dawn said nothing for a moment. She still didn't get his name. As she led him down the road towards Regis-Platinum, she wondered how he'd fare against the monsters of Rowan. Would he fall as well as the ones before? 

You have no name? Or are just being cautious? Azura-Dawn asked then. It was true, even she might not be trusted. Rowan holds many accursed truths. That those that come here become cursrd gods--monsters doomed to destroy its own people. As you can see Rowan is still rebuilding itself from the last time this happened by human hands. Demons do love the mortals. 

She shook her head then as she knew that fate and history always repeated. Those vowing to fight the darkness becoming just like it. The red clover tied to so many crystals and seed stars made her worry about the man. She went silent once more. 

Is this elf bonkers?

His brain flooded with words such as demons, mortals, gods as he trailed behind her. “Free food sounds great!” Quickly forgetting about the nonsense she was spouting off. It wasn’t as if he didn’t believe her, but free food was free food; he had not survived his life to the tender age of 30 plus summers without learning that free food generally came with a few favors down the road…but food was always welcomed.

“Listen here Asura…Avera…whichever name you mentioned, I’m not too worried about demons or gods. My experience has taught me that humans tend to be the larger pain in the ass to deal with. Demons, Gods…I’ll deal with them if need be.”

His steps matched hers so that he kept her pace leaving a gap between them in case he had to bolt. He knew he still had to be careful. He began to hum a quiet melody as his torso shifted taking a gander of the surroundings. Nothing jumped out to him. It all appeared…typical.

“My name you ask? I have one. Maybe a few. Hmmm….” His voice trailed off thinking of what to give her that would suffice.

“Tell ya what, you give me free food and help me find the airship and I’ll give you a name,” quickly adding back in. It was almost as though his name had not been thought of yet and he was stalling for time.

It's Azura-Dawn. 

The elf replied as they reached the city of Regis-Platinum. The bustling city was alive with tons of noise, people moving about here and there to their errands and what not. Azura-Dawn eyed a local pub that housed the best food in the city. 

There! She pointed at the pub. The humans here love that pub. It has the best food anyone could eat. Azura-Dawn then pulled the man along. After you eat here, you can tell me all about you while we locate your broken airship. Though, shouldn't have broken, they make magnificent airships here. 

The Rising Moon Pub was where Azura-Dawn dragged the man towards and inside. She pulled him to a table in the back, where they can have privacy. The waitress approached with a smile. She asked what she could get them to drink before they ordered. Azura-Dawn asked for a pitcher of water.

“Well isn’t this a grand location!” He exclaimed sitting down and smiling at the waitress.

“Could I also get any kind of ale or brew? Does not need to be pricy. After all ‘Azura-Dawn’ is paying over here,” a slight smirk stretched across his face and his blue eyes twinkled like a child getting a present when he wasn’t supposed to.

“I guess I can tell you my name. Generally speaking, I go by Delonix. It’s pronounced Del, On, Ix…just like that.”

Delonix surveyed his surroundings carefully. New places, new people, new…creatures? He was not entirely sure what to expect on this land. His wide eyes gathered as much information as he could about everything and anything. His weapons were back on the airship, the airship was somewhere crashed, and possibly already looted. He sat back trying not to slump; he was less depressed about his current circumstances and mostly annoyed that his transport and been turned into char which turned a lucrative ship into a pile of debris.

Waiting until the waitress departed, Delonix straightened his back, rolled his shoulders posteriorly and gave a deep breath; he had a nauseating feeling that shit was about to get weird while he was here.

The waitress nodded and ran off to get their drinks. Well, things would get weird soon enough. It was Rowan after all, even if it housed humans. Azura-Dawn leaned back in her seat as she looked at Delonix. 

I'll call you Del. Easier for me to pronounce and it will be less aggravating to you. Azura-Dawn spoke. After we eat, we'll go look for your airship. I'm curious though, how does a grand well built ship crash to the ground? Was it an inexperienced pilot?

The waitress came back placing the pitcher of water and pitcher of ale down before them. Azura-Dawn didn't mind paying, she was tryimg to help a man get his things back and not be around when the demons came hunting for their next meal. The waitress then asked what they wanted to eat. Azura-Dawn ordered a small plate of a salad, along with meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The waitress jotted it down before asking Delonix his order.

Posted (edited)

The Runic Knight entered the tavern that called itself 'The Rising Moon'. He wasn't sure whether it was a valid name for such an establishment, but he wasn't going to judge. Walking past a human and an elf, he went to get himself a table. Once he got himself seated, he ordered himself a small meal of buttered potato wedges, and a cup of ale.

Once his order was taken, he relaxed his tense muscles, putting down his longsword down, leaning it against the table.

Edited by Veir