Lucinda Valentine

The Rising City of Roselen

Posted (edited)

Bright and early on a brisk summer morning, Lucinda Valentine, Duchess of Roselen, sat in the back of her classic white car which had been parked on the side of a road. Around them, were vast fields with flowers and tall grass and an abundance of life. Luca’s heart ached for the land she planned to destroy...but for her people...she’d do anything.The woman’s green olive coloured eyes sparkled as the sun slowly began to reveal itself past the tree line in the distance. In the driver’s seat, Garcia sat reading over one of the blueprints made for the hospital. Her eyes narrowed down on the words mapped across the page. This was new technology to them both, but she sighed handing the paper back to the Duchess. Through the rear view mirror, her she smiled seeing silhouettes in the distance. The sound of motor engines and horse shoes clashed in a symphony disrupting the piece of the calm meadows. This would be a big task expected to take a long while to accomplish so the duchess needed all the help they could get. Along with the soldiers of her Atlasian immigrants known as New Gallians, she had invited her knights and some friends to join with the construction. With her hands on her lap, the Duchess patiently awaited their arrival.a2e0a4d477c124b5cc2b1b473a83844f.jpg 

@Praetorian @Evelynn Serana Nightmoor @HyoDoin @Peter @Cal @Pala @Maelstrom @Elle

Edited by Lucinda Valentine

A deep blue gaze settles on the bright orb floating overhead, the eyes narrow into a baleful glare, and then eventually shut tight. For a moment Asher rides blind, his trust fully in the war donkey that plods along the road without a care. A few seconds pass and he slumps forward in the saddle, completely unconscious.

Be it training, meetings, or whatever other duties that might be bestowed upon a knight, they never happen at night. It’s always during the damn day when he should be sleeping. If he had known that knights don’t operate at night, he probably wouldn’t have considered enlisting. Instead, he finds himself routinely napping on horseback, catching a few minutes of rest whenever he can. Fortunately, Rocinante, has proven time and time again to be able to reliably get him to his destination, mostly on time.

By the time Asher awakens again, Rocinante has stopped. When his eyes flutter open, he finds the mule’s head lowered as it contently grazes. Lethargically, he scans the location, stopping only once he spots the white car some dozen meters away.

Slipping from the saddle the redhead removes his riding gloves and then presses the back of his hand into his eyes, clearing away the sleep and forcing his vision to focus. Snagging the lead rope with his right hand, he pulls the mule from the grass and treks toward the automobile. “You guys need some help?” The words slip out with a yawn, as his exhaustion riddled mind works to wake up.

Posted (edited)

The horse races to the place where his rider were summoned to, Maelstrom with his human sized armor begins to search for the group as he leads his horse by the rope decided to let it graze near the others of it's kind

"I've heard heard some rumors around the guards, why are we here?"

Maelstrom opens with a question of his to everyone nearby, needing to know that the rumors that had flew around the town is true, something big would be constructed soon.

his eyes seems more empty due to the daylight diminishing his shining eyes the armor has taken a gold-ish accent taken from copper, brass and gold taken out from his old armor for conductivity and higher charge capacity

Being in a peaceful grasslands such as this get him very excited to see what would unfold upon this stretch of land, he walks around the opening wandering aimlessly, scanning his surroundings before stopping near the group of knights and sits down and enjoys the sounds of his surroundings

Edited by Maelstrom

Posted (edited)

Garcia turned to face the man gazing at him through the car window. Luca on the other hand, was quite startled by his sudden appearance when with the sound of hooves pounding against the dirt road. With a cup of room temperature herbal tea on the seat beside her with a small radio quietly playing classical music, she looked up at the man. Almost spilling her cup all over the nice leather seats, she smiled at the man. Because the Duchess had a chance to speak, Garcia rolled down her own window and spoke in soft words to the man. Her golden eyes dimly glowed examining the man’s armour.

“Oh hello sir! Yes yes everything is alright. The mistress and I were just waiting for everyone who we invited to help build this lovely town. Thank you for inquiring but really, we’re alright.”

5a6f75f227fefa616c3f515f555e16ed.jpg

Luca looked up at him and her point ears twitched out of curiosity. Was he familiar? Has she seen him before...?

”Wait a minute, you’re one of the knights from the Rose Keep, correct?”

There were wooden posts where the other horses had been tied up. A couple wagons and cars were starting to be parked and the soldiers were talking amongst themselves. One of them looked over.

“Rumours? What Rumours? About the guards? Fella care explaining what you mean? Also, we’re all here to rebuild the city...weren’t you debriefed?”

The soldiers turned quieting their conversations to look at the knight. He looked different to them. One remarked,

”Hey you, aren’t you a knight or something? What’s with the fancy armour?”

@Maelstrom

Edited by Lucinda Valentine

I'd finally arrived to Roselen, this time having a horse with me as I lead it forwards through the grassland. My feet sank down into the grass with every step, however the grass did not latch onto me as it simply seemed to flow around me, the grasslands like a great green sea as the winds pulled it about. I seemed to be following a breeze as I'd almost ran into Maelstorm, however to my luck the wind stopped as I did so preventing me from causing an accident. I tore my attention from the winds now, it had been a bad habit of mine to space out, especially when I travel alone. Due to my oblivious nature I had not noticed the knight I'd nearly ran into had been one I'd known.

I took a few paces back, taking my place behind the knights that had already arrived, looking around to see a stable. I lead my horse over as I left her at the stable for now, I planned to retrieve her shortly or rather visit. I then returned to the group of knights as I looked off into the distance, my nodachi within my left hand, sheathed of course as I held it in the same traditional way many before me have. The blade perpendicular with the ground as hilt veered forwards with the end of the blade curving behind me and outward. I showed no intentions of using the blade as I sat down in a half lotus position, my nodachi lied down upon my lap as I shut my eyes. I had an ever so distant and calm feel to me, like a wind I seemed to come and go as I did it all in smooth silence. A slight wind made itself at home with me upon the ground as the spirit within the wind flowed around me softly.

@Maelstrom

Asher’s gaze flickers, briefly, like a candle’s wick igniting for the shortest of moments, before going out again. Within that fleeting instance there is recognition and from the fog of his mind rolls forth the vaguest of memories.  However, despite his best efforts he’s unable to fully recall the event and instead he’s left with an uncertain sense of familiarity and a hint of déjà vu.

“I am, well, we are.” His left-hand motions back to Maelstrom and Hyouka. “For better or worse, I suppose.” The words fall from his mouth in a spiraling downward dirge, the solemn notes of his voice carrying with them all the weight of failure and loss. Although there are more knights than those that are present, the number the survived the foray into the forest is less than a third of what Lucinda had seen that day.

A slight cant of his head and a refocusing of his eyes on the gaggle of guards does nothing to alleviating his faltering memories, but rather it inspires his imagination and with just a moment of lateral thinking he puts two and two together. “Ah, you must be Lady Valentine then.” He pauses and contemplates what the proper etiquette is for the situation, ultimately, he decides to throw Addison under the bus.

“I’m afraid our Knight Commander hasn’t properly prepared us for this situation. So, I apologize for not addressing you by your proper title or bowing. Hopefully you can overlook this slight and perhaps we can discuss some of the finer points of how our future interactions should go?”

@Lucinda Valentine

Wearing her usual light-blue traveling cloak and bluebell flower crown , Evelynn slowly galloped towards the group on Vaeril's back who had the form of a white stag. As she finally reached the group Evelynn jumped off Vaeril's back , Vaeril quickly changed his form to a double-tailed white fox and sat next to Evelynn who was greeting the others. "Good morning everyone!" She smiled at them , feeling quite happy she was ready to help in any way she could.

Cal would be taking a nap nearby in the field. It would seem he had been waiting here a while, for he was in extreme comfort. Despite all the ruckus from the people arriving, he wouldn't notice them at all and would keep his rest going. A few animals here and there would pass by, wondering if at all he was dead due to lack of motion for so long. Other than that, he would be completely undisturbed in the field.

Posted (edited)

"aaahhhh.... I guess that is what they're talking about.... The rebuilding,my bad for not listening" 

Being too busy repairing battle damages from his armour he could not spend time with the others, his own work has made him too focused he won't listen to somewhere else

"I was repairing my armor.... ... Duchess? How should I address you ma'am?"

This female figure he's talking to... He can't be as bold as to invade her mind like before, that would be too impolite even for his standards

"As for my armor.... it's because of battle damage I inflict upon myself... So I decided to piece it back together with the metals of my previous armor if this is not up to your standard I'll have it addressed right away"

He sat down and looks around, keeping himself vigilant but not too tense so that everyone would stay on high alert

"This place reminds me of something... I wonder if this is that place..... Yan, the place where Nian and the hero fought to their end"

He tried to tell an old forgotten story, but feeling that no one is listening he stopped....

The pattern of his armor is weird as if it's all cracks from an aging armor.... 

"Hyo, please be careful and listen to the winds.... I have to look for something"

He stood up and walks to the middle of the field and begin reciting a spell as if he's trying to summon something or someone

@HyoDoin

Edited by Maelstrom

Facing away from the rising sun, Lia was walking next to the fields of flowers by the dirt road and came into view of the white car and groups of people in the area. Brushing off her skirt as she moved into and through the assortment of knights, workers, and other civilians, she pushed the stray locks of her purple hair behind her shoulders. "Hello? I think I'm supposed to be meeting someone here," she called out to Lucinda in the car with a teasing smile, "Helping to build a city?"

Luca narrowed her eyed on the soldier mocking her and raised her hand out the car window. As his eyes met her’s, he stumbled on his words and quickly apologized walking away. Her focus was then drawn back to the man standing front of her. She smiled at his question and then chucked.  

”Please don’t stress over such a simple matter. I’ve been addressed as many things but I most like Lady Valentine or M’lady.”  

@Praetorian

The looked at the other man and gave him a warm smile. She recognized the voice and addressed him as well.

“That goes for you too sir. Also, I haven’t formally been introduced to my knights yet so would you mind telling me your names?”
@Maelstrom

Her eyes then travelled back towards the direction of which everyone was arriving and saw familiar violet hair and heard such a familiar voice...but who was it? The woman’s eyes lit up when Lia came into view. She opened the door of her car and stepped out to give her a hug.

”Good morning! So you got my letter. I’m so glad you could come!”
@Elle

“Lady Valentine it is.” The statement is punctuated with a brief nod, although he’s already resigned himself to never saying m’lady or whatever equivalent. My lady and my lord have always sounded ridiculous to him, some word pseudo ownership bullshit that he has no interest in partaking in, especially since their relationship is almost strictly a financial one. Addison might have told them they were knights, but at this point, as far as Asher is concerned, they’re just a bunch of mercenaries hired on as a private force, with no war to fight.

“I am Asher, Asher Gnosis. The walking armor is Maelstrom, and the guy with the big sword in the dress… robs? Whatever he is wearing, he is…..” Asher freezes, realizing he doesn’t recall Hyo’s name. Had they met? Had they traded names? Perhaps, however the broken sleep cycle has ravaged his ability to remember. “a guy that works with us.” The finally blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind after an uncomfortably awkward pause. “Anyway, what’s the plan?”

@Lucinda Valentine @Maelstrom @HyoDoin

"Maelstrom, reporting for duty, lady valentine"

As a spirit he rarely address someone by their ranks let alone serving one, hence the slightly heightened pitch at the word "valentine"

He walked away from the crowd and stopped where he think is comfortable and sits there an recites some prayers that no one could hear but can be felt as if the winds direction and strength becomes more and more intense and circles around creating a small turbulent winds sending debris of leaves and dust flying around Maelstrom amidst his prayers he contacted valentine 

"The man with the eastern sword is Hyouka, Mr. Nightwalker have not talked much after our initiation"

After that he returns to his prayers as the cracks glows brighter for unknown reason

"Of course I came!" Returning the hug, and stepping back to look around the field full of people. Feeling the warm morning sun on her face, Lia brought her left hand up to shield her eyes while she looked at the surrounding area.

Hearing the knights gathered around the car address her friend formally, she asked, "So am I to call you Lady Valentine as well?"

She looked sideways at Lucinda,  "I think I've been around books for so long that I might've lost some touch with the rest of the world." Getting the invitation to assist in the construction of the city had given Lia an excuse to take her nose out of her books and a break from trying to learn everything she could about her new world. Even the walk to the meeting place was a short moment to help her collect her thoughts and she wondered how she was to be of help considering her not-so-applicable skillset.

@Lucinda Valentine

With a flutter of wings, and the endurance of a man not built any larger than that of an adolescent, the wings of draconic aesthetic in which had carried Ewyer, began to damper. The man himself struggled to read a map mid flight, the powerful routine of flapping providing far too much wind for the paper to remain in a readable state. In a sudden action of rage and extreme exhaustion, his eyes drifted, fluttering for a moment before shutting, his head dropping in response. 

A sudden downwards plummet began, though by his own sheer luck, he had managed to make it not but a dozen feet from his destination. His former state of soreness, as well, had assisted the situation, as he had steadily and steadily been getting lower and lower to the ground, until he was barely gliding over the dirt surface, from am aerial standpoint. 

His unpiloted flight lasted all of twenty seconds, before he crashed into a tree, suddenly jolting awake from his accidental slumber. A multitude of bright flashing colors and shapes dotted his vision, as he hit a tree branch on the way down. Finally, he landed chest first upon the ground, responding with an "Erk." groggily surveying the surroundings fields afterwords. Spotting the people who he assumed he would be working with within a few feet of him, he called out a "Hello!" before resting his face on the soft ground.