Lucinda Valentine

The Rising City of Roselen

Posted (edited)

Luca smiles as the knights and soldiers chatted amongst themselves. Aside from the restless bunch, she was relieved to know that there wouldn’t be much trouble with communication. Her eyes then darted over through the crowd to Evelyn and she raised her voice just enough for the woman to hear. 

“Good morning to you as well miss Evelyn!”

@Evelynn Serana Nightmoor

“Address me formally? We’re friends aren’t we?”

The duchess clasped Lia’s hands with a chuckle and smiled. It had been so long since they had seen each other. Almost 7 years. Quite the long time indeed. Luca had so many questions to ask. How had the king been? Was Jax really dead? Who became the next monarch? Her mind was itching with curiosity but it really wasn’t the time...

“Lucinda will do just fine! Though, it really has been too long, we should catch up over some tea if we get the chance! Oh sorry excuse me one moment-“
@Elle

The other turned and looked at the two men standing not far from her. We’re her actions too bold? Back home, she was well liked by her staff for her friendliness so formality was never really the issue...Being a leader was nice but the last time she played the roll of a formal influencer was as a child and those weren’t fond memories.......For only a second she paused and then said 

“Apologies for my rudeness, anyhow, Asher and Maelstrom...I look forward to working with you both! Oh yes the plan well let’s see- Oh my! What was that?!”

@Maelstrom  @Praetorian

She rushed through the crowd of soldiers briefly glancing back at the others and made her way to where the thud had come from. To her surprise, standing before her slightly covered in dirt was the husband of her very close friend. She raised a brow and grinned at the man.

“Good morning Ewyer! That’s quite the landing you did! Are you alright?

@Pala

Meanwhile, a soldier who was passing by on horseback chatting with his coworkers noticed the boy strangely laying in the grass near the road. Her steadied the stallion and called out to the boy. His friends insisted they keep moving but the man’s persistence was strong.

“Excuse me!!! Are you alright?!!!! Do you need assistance?!!”

@Cal

Edited by Lucinda Valentine

"Mister night walker... are you fucking with me?" Without warning Asher hastily gestures to the sun, unceremoniously motions back to himself, and then walks in place before finally indignantly throwing his hands up into the air in defeat. "Sure, whatever." The words are huffed, nearly spat even, but he retains some semblance of dignity and control. His outrage fizzles out and his composure mostly returns. "I think what the bodiless, boneless, golem, yokai is trying to say is that our initiation didn't go how we planned, a lot of people died,, and I haven't been up to socializing, because ..." He catches himself and stops. Not only isn't this the time and place to settle whatever growing issues might exist between him and Maelstrom, the duchess certainly isn't the right person to vent to.

Fortunately, the situation is defused when some winged guy crashes into a tree, drawing everyone's attention away from Asher's outburst. With the crisis momentarily averted, Asher retreats from the vehicle side and negotiates his way into the crowd of guards, affording himself an opportunity to get lost within a crowd, if only momentarily. "If he had a dick, I'd kick him in it." He murmurs to himself as he sits down atop an unopened crate, presumably filled with tools or building materials. With the slightest movement of his lips a subvocalized wish and pray is sent floating through the air, one for serenity and another for peace of mind.

He made another startled sound, his glazed gaze peering around for a moment, before his eyes settled upon Lucinda, who seemed to have gotten much closer than she was before. Though, it took him longer than the average awkward pause to recognize her. His brain shuffled through the various compiled names he remembered, before one clicked, a sort of mental delay he had gotten used to overtime. A tired smile lit up his face in response. 

After a single moment, he suddenly snapped back to reality, and proceeded to stand up, and dust himself off, muttering about the lack of sterilisation the ground had. as he did so, the draconic wings positioned upon his back seemed to fragment, instantly freezing and shattering, ,fallen to the ground in frozen shards which began to melt into simple water. His eyes, red and ringed with bags, glanced upon those of Luca's, and he gave a small, and respectful bow. Even if he may have been more "royal" than she was, it was still the proper formalities and whatnot. People usually seemed less annoyed by him dropping in when he did such acts, after all. 

"Yes, yes it is a fine-" He stopped for but a few seconds, glancing into the sky, before clearing his throat and continuing. "Morning, right, it is morning. And all planned, of course! I saw no acceptable landing spot for my previous levels of velocity, so I chose the nice soft tree to land in!" He let out a nervous chuckle, before rummaging through the satchel at his side, and taking out a rectangular bottle. forcefully removing the cork of it, he took a swing, and almost immediately seemed to lighten up.

"Anyhow, it is nothing that won't sort itself out in the coming days, as injuries of smallish scale usually do!" follow the sentence, a small chuckle, as if he found it funny. "But no reason to stall! I received a message with your particular style requesting my assistance, speaking of city building and whatnot? I will admit I am not much of a heavyset builder type of person, but I am grateful for the ability to get out of the house! though your skills of navigational accuracy could be improved upon." He gave her a smile, quickly shoving the bottle back into his satchel, as to try and prevent her from realising what its contents consisted of.

@Lucinda Valentine

"Please , Evelynn will do just fine" Evelynn told Luca as she walked towards her , smiling at her she was ready to help her with whatever she needed. "So what now ?" She curiously asked her as she looked at her. Meanwhile Vaeril turned into a white barn owl and flew up on Evelynn''s shoulder , clawing on her shoulder he seemed to make a signal to Evelynn. "What is it Vaeril ?-What no that's a dumb question" Evelynn talked with her familliar as she turned her head towards it , looking at it with confusion. "Of course not , Vaeril!-Anyways with what shall we help ?" She instantly turned her head towards Luca as she finished talking with Vaeril and smiled at her.

@Lucinda Valentine

Cal would slowly wake up from the calls and sit up. He looked around to see where he was and scratched his head in confusion.

''Why the hell am I in the middle of a field? Did I get drunk or something? Was I brought here?''

He would then notice all the people who arrived.

''Oh, right. I came here early cos I'm meant to be helping to build something. Well, this selection of people sure is... interesting.''

He would then get up fully, stretch a bit and make his way over to the crowd.

@Lucinda Valentine

"We'll be looking forward to our or......Der...... Miss... Va..... Rrrggggghhhh no.... Don't... They have done.... No... Wrong.... don't"

Replying to Lucinda feels heavy and hard as he begin to writhe in pain as if someone is there to seek vengeance and Maelstrom's the only one in the way. He begins to slowly and painfully curls to the ground

This attracts the attention of some of the guards and a little numbers of them tries to help but this is immediately rejected by Maelstrom, the wind moves faster and more violent as lines of energy begin to fill the gold plated grooves of his armor 

"Don't.... Help... This.... Is.... My.... Fight... Keep your distance"

He kept grasping onto his head and the sounds of metal bending due to the sheer strength begin to grow louder and at last, Maelstrom unleashed a thundering roar as he threw his face to the sky  with his eye shining brilliantly 

He stared down at the guards and said

"That was nobody...... Don't worry"

Edited by Maelstrom

"Oh yes, I would love to catch up sometime!" Lia replied just before Lucinda rushed off to speak with the man that crashed, rather awkwardly, into a tree. After looking at the scene and seeing no one outwardly harmed, Lia inhaled, holding her breath and wandered off into the crowd and left the group of people on the other side from which she entered, exhaling when she was far enough away from other people that a normal human couldn't tell the expression on her face.

Now standing in the middle of the field, she looks up at the morning sky, the sunlight making her skin look paler and her purple hair resemble more of a rose pink than lavender. Not that anyone noticed or cared but her, taking pride in the peculiar color. She sat on a fallen over tree and took a small journal out from a pocket of her dress. Then brushing off her skirt and setting the notebook on her lap, she began writing in a small and delicate script about her day, looking up at different people or objects ever so often.

Among rather cheerful soldiers, a man dressed in more casual clothing lazily walked around. Each step looked like he was walking on clouds, then, hearing the knight’s comment, she shrugged his shoulders and made his way over fiddling with the cigar resting on his bottom lip. The stranger seemed to have ginger hair as well along with a few scrapes running along his jaw then creeping their way up to his nose and eyes. His faded blue eyes scanned the strangely dressed man and he sat down beside him. The eleven man smiled and then spoke...

“You know, if you’d like to borrow a serrated boot attachment of mine...., it should....make the blow a Tad’bit more joyable...well...if you were ta kick‘Em in the first place...Oh ye manners of what’deverr- Will’s the name though I bet a tough guy like you don’t pay’tention to That-stuff....Wait what’s with the armour...”

He started to lose track of his words and didn’t even bother to finish his sentence. Instead, the man grabbed a pack of regular cigarettes and tossed one up into the air catching it with 2 fingers.

“Want one?”

c76a76caf8a4ff92e9f6370ce23590cd.jpg

@Praetorian

Meanwhile, the duchess dusted off the shirt of the man before her. Pausing, she looked back realizing that she had just ran away in the middle of some conversations. Unprofessional? Just a little.... Bringing her mind back to her present actions, after realizing her position and his, she gulped not knowing if they noticed her not  address him formally. Her mind started brainstorming, overthinking....”As usual”..... After coming to a conclusion, she curtsied in front of him addressing the man by his last name followed by an apology.

“Sir Nacht, it’s an ‘Honour’ to have you help us in the coming months. My apologies for the inconvenience, it won’t happen again”

The woman’s tone was calm and sincere but her eyes told a different story. She so desperately wanted to ruffle his hair but now was not the time. 

@Pala

“Right, right so everyone please gather around!”

Garcia left the car, locking it, to find Luca. Her eyes scanned the crowd just witnessing the duchess rudely rush away from people who she had be talking to. She walked up to 2 women standing more than a couple meters a part and raised her voice for them to hear her over the chatter.

“My apology ladies, the Mistress has been very busy lately and sometimes forgets to end her thoughts or conversations she is having with others before rushing off to nothing new. After everything starts she should start to calm down some, but for now, just please be patient with her....Again, my apologies...Though from what I hear, it seems like she’s about to brief everyone on the basics, we should start moving to get a front spot in the crowd”

@Evelynn Serana Nightmoor @Elle

Will suddenly focussed his attention towards the front of the moving crowd and raised his voice signalling everyone to follow the woman’s instructions.

“Alright y’all better quit your chatter and get a move on! The lady said gather round!”

He then pointed out maelstrom who seemed to having a little trouble. Not knowing what was really going on, he walked over tapping the armour and then shouted in his face.

”Hey you! I said get a move on didn’t I?! We can figure out whatever is going on in a minute! Now get up, and move!!

@Maelstrom

The soldiers on horses say that the boy was alright and started to trot away joining the rest of the crowd from the rear. 

Now that you’re awake, you should join the rest of the group gathering to get your assigned group”

@Cal

Back in the centre, Luca prepared to split everyone into teams to start building. In her hand, was a map of what the city was planned to be, important buildings like the city hall, a hospital, the city guard building, and a market in the middle, with houses surrounding them and some guard stations at the back for defence in the case of an attack.

“Alright, so we’re going to start by marking off where all the buildings will be. I’m going to split the soldiers and guards into teams and those who are left can volunteer to help with any of the following areas. We need people to help mark off housing. This is an important job that will take a lot of people. Each house, is roughly the same size and they circle the centre of the city mixed in with shops located closer towards the middle. This could be a bakeries, taverns, inns, clothing shops, flower shops, etc. Some of the citizens have reserved space for such shops and some are depending on us to find places to put them. Next, we have city hall. This building will temporarily be where I and my staff will be staying until the manor can be built. This will happen after the main construction is already completed. This will require significantly less of group size than the housing due to it being a detailed but smaller project. Next, there will be the city guard building along with stations along the edges of the city to insure the safety of our people. Next, there will be the hospital. Evelyn and I will be focusing largely on this project so the need for volunteers is smaller than the rest so please to to volunteer for something that needs more people. The hospital will be located in the centre beside city hall and the city guard building. Speaking of which, we need volunteers for that as well, preferably people who have experience with strongholds or law enforcement. Next we need people to help with the market which is also located in the centre of the city. Is will help vendors sell food, clothing, home made goods, and right next to it will be the library. Most importantly we need people to help map out roads. The city will be all squished together unless we have roads. This is essential for transporting goods, walking to and from destinations and so on. These are what we’ll be working on now and then we’ll move to the details. Now that I’m done explaining, please decided which area you’d like to volunteer for, let me know, and then go join them. Oh and also one last thing, all the areas have areas already marked so you’re not just walking on to open land expected to place the buildings yourselves.

She split the soldiers into teams and then ruffled through her papers before patiently waiting as teams started to walk off to their General zones.

Edited by Lucinda Valentine

Asher’s eyes had nearly fluttered shut by the time Will approaches, his attention drawn not to the tone or volume of his words but the lack of enunciation. At a glance, Will looks like little more than a farmhand, and his vernacular suggests as much. Of course, first impressions are often deceiving. With a tiny bit of struggle, he is able to force his eyes a quarter upon, along the brim of the deep blue pools to sparkle in the cursed sunlight. Another grand show of effort sees his eyes open even more; however, he falls short of a full opening and the lids start to fall shut again, eventually arresting midway.

“I suspect it would do little good.” The words, ever as lethargic as his halfmoon gaze, struggle to find their way into the air. The truth is that he’s been running on fumes, and his brief little fit of outrage has burnt up the last of them.

“Will huh?” The words are muttered, barely vocalized before the elf’s train of thought takes it skipping around town. Clearly there is an issue with focusing and attention, and Asher isn’t sure that he has the bandwidth to deal with it. With the slightest shake of his head he declines the offer and then drops his chin and face into an upturned palm.

“I’m Asher by the by. And I’m a knight, I think.” For some reason he had assumed that his lifestyle was going to change for the better when he joined the group, however, with each passing day he becomes increasingly cemented in his belief that nothing has or will change, it has merely been rebranded.

His ears twitch as people start to gather around the duchess, and hush their murmurs. He doesn’t bother moving, beyond slightly turning his head to cast a side glance in her direction. Although he’s an appreciable distance away, he can clearly make our her ‘speech’, even over the small pockets of whispers.

“Dunno about you” he glances back at Will, “but I reckon I’ll help out with the guardhouse and outposts. If there is anything I know a little about, it’s defensive fortifications.”

@Lucinda Valentine

Ewyer raised an eyebrow, finding it rather humorous that the woman who a dozen times before had shown herself to be loud and rather immature, stood in front of him with such grace. He left himself smile at the fact, his lopsided grin quickly shifting away. Once more his face was overcome with a blank expression, as he leant against the tree he had crashed into but a few minutes prior. As he watched her walk away, and begin her grand speech of orders and whatnot, he relaxed. Sliding down into a sitting position, the man inhaled deeply, before running his hands through his hair.

"Sir, am I? It seems she's changed as well." he muttered to himself, chuckling at the very idea that Lucinda Valentine, of all people, had changed from tomboyish to prim and proper. However, he had been asked here to assist, and it was obvious where his assistance would be required, so best not to stall with thoughts that could be answered later. Thus, he immediately grabbed the tools of his trade. Those being a journal and quill pen, of course, as his initial process of brainstorming and writing unreadable notes would soon commence. Tapping the uninked shaft of it against the pages, he began to speak to himself.

"Most like a few hundred buildings, of which lights and heating shall need to be configured. . .there appears to be a fair amount of open space so perhaps wind power could be used, though turbines still appear. . . sketchy. Perhaps. . .I suppose the most useful assets may be attempting that gathering field addition I had in mind, though hopefully it won't operate with such explosive after effects."  He though at his own pace, far leisurely then he did when he was on the clock for a project. After all, he was fairly certain that no other scientists, engineers, or whatever aesthetic title they had made up now to give to those of extraordinary craftsmenship were on the site.

He simply began writing in the leather bound book, sprawling his ideas out. A single dip of the quill into an inkwell positioned nearby marked the start of the nonstop writing and sketching. Occasionally, an idea or line would be obliterated by ink, as Ewyer attempted to rationalize the easiest way to manufacture and distribute the required energy. In his own unique style, of course. He wouldn't settle for something that wasn't his own creation, though inspiration was rapidly evolving.

Slowly rising up and walks up to the crowd, Maelstrom left a message inside Garcia's head

"You don't need to shout, I know what I have to do...."

The voices of the crowds and the rushing colours of the world enlightened the hollow monochromatic world that fills his days as a bound spirit

Time went on as the soldiers pass by and started to work in teams, he is wondering of what niche is he even able to do, his sight is still new and his abilities would only either destroy or damage the tools available by frying their circuits, manual labor would have to do, it seems that said niche was already filled. He looked at Luca as she is managing things, he wouldn't mind getting shouted at again for slacking off but his heart would say that it is disrespectful to just doze off and let most people work. 

"Lady valentine, I could not help these people except for praying for them, and I overheard the library and I wonder could I be of use there? After all... This new gift of sight should be put to good use"

He pointed at his eyes as he telepathically spoke to Luca, he cares not to wait for her response and he walks off to the site that is going to be the library

@Lucinda Valentine