ticklefarte

The Hunt for the Bloody Dagger [Artifact]

Gabriel the poet. Gabriel the guide. Gabriel of the Tavern. He could claim all the titles he wanted. It didn't change the fact that each time he pushed the heavy doors of the Tavern to leave, he could sense that he'd return eventually. Part of him liked that security. It was a comfort, he knew, to have a place to call home. But there's something missing. Gods, I should look into therapy. 

This time was no different from any other. Linixy strode off to seize his weapon, while Daemon paid his tab at the bar. Gabriel said nothing to Vaddock, instead opting to grab his beret and coat from the storage room. In a fluid motion, he donned his put on his jacket and donned his cap, securing the latter tightly on his head. It was beaten and battered, but the sentimental value was why he kept it. In one of his coat pockets was a notebook. In the other, a pen. He'd chronicle this journey like he had all the rest. Success or failure. 

Opening his mouth, Gabriel announced to whoever was listening. "If you're eager to go, let's get on with it. There is a cobblestone road leading through the forests that we'll follow. I'd wager that Cartrose is roughly half a day from us, but that all depends on your pace." He quickly turned and marched to the doors, placing a palm on one and pushing hard. The heavy slab eased open and a gust of the night air whooshed over him, cold and quiet. Gabriel blinked and continued through, trying to get his bearings. The path they needed to use was lined with lanterns, winding east of the Tavern into the forest. By the time they reached Cartrose it should be daytime and they wouldn't need lights, but for now they were a big help. He bit his lip, then set off, the pitter patter of his footfalls on cobble echoing off the surrounding trees. The woods weren't exactly safe, but surely this crew could protect him. 

A Thief.   @Linixy

A Swordsman.   @Humble Blood

A Sorceress.   @Aliara Mizuki Blackrose

A Mystery.   @Witch Trials

They walked behind him, the trajectories of their lives having led them to find each other here. In this place. This Tavern. He could see the beauty in that. Indeed, he could see it. 

"The Bloody Dagger is a dangerous tool," Gabriel called back. "It's not of Valucre, but that doesn't matter. From the stories that circulate, it kills better than anything I've seen, and these killings have been happening for quite some time. Whoever holds it is good at keeping secrets. If we're to find the current wielder, I think some old fashioned sleuthing may be our best bet. Linixy, that may be your department, though I may just be stereotyping. You just look the part." 

15525720000_6fb051d42d_b.jpg

After paying his tab, Daemon picked up his jacket from the counter and turned round following others out the tavern doors. It was a beautiful night, the sky filled with stars. And a wonderful glowing moon. 

Daemon listened as Gabriel described the dagger. It certainly sounded dangerous. "Well this lot can handle what ever we come across." Daemon said with a smirk. "Along the way, I would like to get a change of clothes, seeing as these smell of dead soil." He said smiling as he walked. 

Linixy kept on the pase as he followed Gabriel's lead. Walking down the cobblestone path, he reaches for his bottle of rum. With his rapier on one side and the bottle of rum on the other, his appearance truly screams pirate. He enjoyed the soft evening breeze, its a nice change from the tavern. Looking at Selena, he can't stop it feeling a bit worried about her. The amount of pain she must be in at all times... he thinks to himself, seeing the freshly carved names in her arms. 
There was a torture technique back on his ship.... making a thousand little cuts. It was a technique used when the victim needed to survive, but every cut burned so bright they would always give in after a while. He imagined how it had to feel.. torturing yourself. Selena must be incredibly strong, standing this amount of pain without showing it. 
As a cold breeze made goosebumps on his back, he heard Gabriel talk towards him. 
*Assuming something based on what you know is not Stereotyping; that's just using common sense, he replied. 
Linixy tripped over a cobblestone that stuck out more than the others but managed to stay up, but a curse escaped his lips. F**k, *watch out guys, these stones are more dangerous then you might think! He said sarcastically.  

Plenty scents whiped past Daemon's nose, one of which was Linixy's rum which hung by his belt. This made him think of bloodwine, and its sweet flavor. He could practically taste it in his mouth, and wished he could get his hands on more. This memory was intensified by the smell of Selena's wounds. 

How long has she been doing this.... He thought to himself. They were alot of them, so he guessed a long time. Taking a closer look, her realized they were writings, names to be precise. "What are the writings for?" He asked walking next  to her

4 hours ago, Humble Blood said:

Plenty scents whiped past Daemon's nose, one of which was Linixy's rum which hung by his belt. This made him think of bloodwine, and its sweet flavor. He could practically taste it in his mouth, and wished he could get his hands on more. This memory was intensified by the smell of Selena's wounds. 

How long has she been doing this.... He thought to himself. They were alot of them, so he guessed a long time. Taking a closer look, her realized they were writings, names to be precise. "What are the writings for?" He asked walking next  to her

"Memories," she replied. Selena gazed at the same spot Daemon was looking at. "Everyday as I wake up, when the sun rises, I lose a part of myself." Selena stared intently at a date written on her exposed skin. June 21st, it says. She did not know what it meant. Probably a birthdate; she guesses. 

Selena walked at the back of the group with her head down as she looked at the stones scattered on the path. She spotted a rock bigger than its fellows and commented to herself that it would be funny if someone managed to trip over something so auspicious-looking. 

Selena opened her mouth to ask more details about their quest when Linixy tripped over a rock. Selena bursted out laughing as she somehow managed to predict him tripping.

"Lose a part of yourself?" Daemon asked in a curious tone. "How long has this been happening, and how did he start?" He questioned further. He was certainly curious as to what made Selena the way she was. 

"I would love to help you," he offered while smiling as Linixy tripped over a rock. "So explain whats happening."

¥Having returned,Dressed for their traveling.Celestia gently called out toward gabriel and the other's.¥"O'i,Gabriel,Linixy,Daemon.Selena wait a moment!."¥Having asked this,She quickened her strides to catch up.Now as lanterns illuminated,the cobblestone pathway.boots pressing into patches of dead leafs,And cobblestone.Celestia managed to catch up,Extending a right-hand to grasp.Onto Gabriel's shoulder.¥"Sorry 'bout the wait,i needed changing into proper traveling conditions."¥Her soft,irish lilted vocals.spilled forth,while faint lighting revealed,her wearing a dark-purple tunic,with shortened sleeves,A leather vest of dark-brown.Ebony-trouser's,Dark-grey knee high boots.Dark-brown fingerless gloves,And a thick,faux furred,dark-grey.Cloak of satin, Two leather belts of ebony.One strapped across her right-thigh,The other slipping around both hips.Though her thigh-belt held three knibes,each sharpened to perfect.Enough to split even fine hair,While bottled potions,both for healing,And damage hung against the hips.A large satchel,Dark-brown.Hung over one shoulder,Having tossed her knee-length mass of golden and white curls,Into a messy ponytail,Which fell heavily in waved-ringlest to her waist.Cheeks now the faintest pink,from having ran all the way.To catch up with them,A guilty smile,upturned dark-pink lips.As large,elvin ears twitched lightly.¥"m'eh apologies f'ore taking so long.had t'a make sure i brought m'eh essentials."

Looking onward ahead, Daemon spotted flickering lights in the distance. "I think we are aproaching a town. Maybe we can ask about the dagger there." He said as he pointed to the lights. 

"I can smell death in the air," he said as he tilted his nose upwards. "The owner of that dagger passed around here recently." He added, with a suspicious look on his visage. Dimming his eyes, he rushed into the forest with words, "I'll be right back," trailing behind him. 

In the forest, Daemon follows the scent of death. As he gets closer and closer, he feels the scent getting stronger and stronger. But then, he realizes something. 

"This wasn't a person killed by the dagger, it was just a carcass." He said out loud heading into a clearing, rolling his eyes. jeeze Daemon what a way to use your nose. He thought to himself. His ears began to twitch as the sound of rolling tires filled them. Walking slowly towards the sound, he realizes its a merchant caravan, which had two carriages behind the main carriage. On the opposite side of the road, he sees a large bull heading straight for the caravan. The driver of the lead carriage sees the bull. "Bull!" He screams at the top of his voice. Whipping the horses with his whip, the leave from short gallops, to full running strides. 

The first carriage would get out of the way, but the second wouldn't have been fast enough, so with lightning speed, Daemon rushes over and stops the running bull by its horns. The bull pushes Daemon back a little, but the hybrid is too powerful for the beast. Spinning round on his heel, while still holding the bull's horns, he breaks its neck. 

With the beast now dead, the entire caravan haults. Out of the lead carriage, exits a mid aged merchant with silk robes, neat hair and a thin long beard. The merchant glances at the bull, then at Daemon. Immediately he looked into Daemon's red colored eyes, his face goes pale with fright. "Please dear boy, don't harm me." He begged as he slowly took steps backwards, in an attempt to get away from what he recognized as a vampire. 

"Calm yourself merchant, I won't harm you, " Daemon assured him. "I was just in the neighborhood, and stumbled on this even. You are lucky I was here, or you would have been decimated for sure." He said smiling and pointing to the bull. His visage carried a proud smirk. 

"How can I thank you for this kindness?" He asked, swallowing a gulp and putting his palms together. "Just name it, I am a merchant, a very successful merchant, am sure I can have something you want." Daemon thought for a while before responding. "You wouldn't by any chance happen to have a katana would you?"

"A katana you say? Of course I do." He said with a nervous smile on his face. 

At this point, most of his servants had exited their carriage and were watching the two talk. Upon orders, one of the servants brought out a sword from the lead carriage, and handed it to the merchant. 

"It may not be a legendary weapon, but its unbreakable. Its made from a special metal that absorbs the magic of its user to enhance its during ability. In the hands of one such as yourself, I believe it will do wonders." He said as he presented the katana to Daemon. Taking the blade, Daemon smiles as he removes it from its scabbard. 

"A fine blade indeed." He commented as he swung it from side to side. Putting it back, he thanked the merchant, and dashed back into the forest in the direction he came. 

Linixy stood baffled as he saw Daemon sprint of whit the speed of lightning. He looks around as he sees his companions are just as amazed and surprised by his sudden.... blast off? 
With Daemon already halfway to the lights, Linixy runs after him. 
"Oi!! wait for us, matey, we can't all be called speedy."  
By the time Linixy arrives, he is so out of breath. He leans against the cart where Daemon is *for some reason* getting a sword. 
"wa... wa.. ju..." Linixy takes a deep breath as the words won't come out of his mouth. 
" what happened" he eventually manages to spit out. Grasping for his bottle, he lets himself slowly lowers himself to the ground. 
"I'm okay, I'm okay....just give me a minute," Linixy starts breathing as he allows himself to slow his breath. 

2 minutes ago, Linixy said:

Linixy stood baffled as he saw Daemon sprint of whit the speed of lightning. He looks around as he sees his companions are just as amazed and surprised by his sudden.... blast off? 
With Daemon already halfway to the lights, Linixy runs after him. 
"Oi!! wait for us, matey, we can't all be called speedy."  
By the time Linixy arrives, he is so out of breath. He leans against the cart where Daemon is *for some reason* getting a sword. 
"wa... wa.. ju..." Linixy takes a deep breath as the words won't come out of his mouth. 
" what happened" he eventually manages to spit out. Grasping for his bottle, he lets himself slowly lowers himself to the ground. 
"I'm okay, I'm okay....just give me a minute," Linixy starts breathing as he allows himself to slow his breath. 

Spotting Linixy, Daemon stops to see his friend gasping for air. "Did you just try running after me?" He asked glancing at the path which they came from. "Am a vampire, you can't keep up with me." Daemon said as he shoke his head smiling. 

"But that was quite impressive," he congratulates Linixy as he patted his back. "And to answer your question, I just gained myself a sword." He said, smiling as he presented the brand new katana. "I think I will call it 'yolnire'. what do you think?"

Linixy had too little breath to answer his good friend. He just puts his tump up and offered the bottle to Daemon. 

After a few minutes, linixy refounded his voice. 
"just take me with you next time, okay? Just put me over your shoulder or something. Ow, and for the record, your nickname is speedy now. Nothing you can do about it." Linixy pulled himself up again from the cart. "So, a new sword!! Congratulation. Now you have no excuse anymore not to spar with me" Linixy winked at him as he looked back to the others. "Come on, people!! we don't have all day!"  He looks at Daemon again with a smirk smile on his face. "can't let them know how tired I was now, can i."