supernal

Lion's claw OOC

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

...as well as having seen direct memories from Caden?

I forgot about this.  Trade-attempt cancelled! 😉

1 minute ago, Noko said:

I forgot about this.  Trade-attempt cancelled! 😉

We’ll also be in explicit contact when it comes to the matter of discovery because I don’t expect to salvage information on either aspect with one hundred percent fidelity. Whatever comes of it will be a stepping stone, not a yellow brick road 

Just now, supernal said:

We’ll also be in explicit contact when it comes to the matter of discovery because I don’t expect to salvage information on either aspect with one hundred percent fidelity. Whatever comes of it will be a stepping stone, not a yellow brick road 

Understood- looking forward to a long and mutually painful relationship 😉

I started just poking around a draft and then was moved by the spirit. Let me know if any of the information is too choppy to make sense of and I can answer any questions here and/or clarify in my post. I figure we can have a debrief of sorts and see where that leaves us on thread direction, if we jump into the flashbacks then or keep the story moving forward, etc

Sorry, I also was moved by the spirit. 

I did have a question about ye olde psychic fingerprint - I wasn't clear if it was a fingerprint of the dream or of Phoebe or of something else?

Edited by Noko

7 hours ago, Noko said:

Sorry, I also was moved by the spirit. 

I did have a question about ye olde psychic fingerprint - I wasn't clear if it was a fingerprint of the dream or of Phoebe or of something else?

Of Phoebe. Or maybe of the Mindgorger since it functioned as an intermediary? Not sure if that thing is only active as a barrier or if it would "go" with her when she moves out of her own perimeter / mind

It won't be a perfect capture of her/its full array of psychic abilities but I figure if someone breaks in through a window, you put bars on the window, and if they rifle through your belongings, you try and take forensic data. Fingerprint was just a conceptual stand in because it sounds neater than "psychic strand of hair" or "psychic cloth fiber"

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

I'll be getting a post out later, is there any specific direction in which we'd like this pushed with the debrief or are we going with the flow?

That's sort of my question in the post I made right before. Basically I was saying I figure we could use this as a debrief until we get to the point of flashbacks. But I'm not wed to that layout so by all means, go with the flow, swim adjacent, take a kayak, just let me know what the spirit says because it really seems to be making the rounds

Btw side note does anyone know what the title of the thread is in reference to?

I will give you bonus likes if you do. I couldn't find a way to organically shoehorn it into the thread so I have to settle for OOC chicanery

1 hour ago, supernal said:

Btw side note does anyone know what the title of the thread is in reference to?

I will give you bonus likes if you do. I couldn't find a way to organically shoehorn it into the thread so I have to settle for OOC chicanery

I assumed it was the myth of Androcles.  You tried for the shoe horn with thorn #1 😉

It sketches nicely if it isn't.

Edited by Noko

5 minutes ago, Noko said:

I assumed it was the myth of Androcles.  You tried for the shoe horn with thorn #1 😉

It sketches nicely if it isn't.

I mean that's a super good guess! But this time around that was more building off of the previous than referencing it

Anyone else? Or will the Riddler have his day?

1 hour ago, supernal said:

Of Phoebe. Or maybe of the Mindgorger since it functioned as an intermediary? Not sure if that thing is only active as a barrier or if it would "go" with her when she moves out of her own perimeter / mind

Ok, I assume that this will also come to cooperative negotiations later.

Full disclosure: I fully expected the cooperative-give-and-take was over and that we were now just writing the story of what we had already agreed to - this seems to be a misunderstanding of mine!  Given that, in some kind of edit / ooc post / new post I'll add what the Dead do / take and we can cooperatively negotiate the results of that when it comes up.  Sound good?

23 minutes ago, Noko said:

Ok, I assume that this will also come to cooperative negotiations later.

Full disclosure: I fully expected the cooperative-give-and-take was over and that we were now just writing the story of what we had already agreed to - this seems to be a misunderstanding of mine!  Given that, in some kind of edit / ooc post / new post I'll add what the Dead do / take and we can cooperatively negotiate the results of that when it comes up.  Sound good?

Yup. Like with the information we're trying to get from salvaging, we'll be in explicit contact when it comes to the matter of discovery

Also you're right, the part of the arc that requires your active coordination is over. At this point the story is mostly about the heavy hand and their continued efforts to dismantle the life and livelihood of Caden's mortal enemy. Those efforts won't always directly involve Phoebe or the Dead. There will be continued discovery and continued organization in response to that discovery which are aspects I don't expect you to direct, basically. I'll be letting you know what we're trying to do and the merit to the arguments when it becomes relevant, though you're welcome to read along as with any other public thread and if you have concerns about what is happening in a thread, to raise those concerns

For example we had talked about Caden organizing with the Seven that Phoebe is hunting after to prop up the HH's ability to strike (and consequently be struck). In which case things like this or that analysis are really just flavor to segue into a future arc that hasn't materialized (but is why I included him finding out about why the club was being targeted). On the other hand if your plans for that arc changes and that's no longer viable, Caden isn't just left there sucking his thumb after putting all his eggs in one basket; if Phoebe stops being a viable target, say you end up going AFV (not a personal slight; the world is basically spasming and one really can't predict stability into the future with confidence) then Caden's revenge arc doesn't have to come to a full stop because he can use his lessons learned against other members in the same organization

So yeah some kind of OOC post or a Checkpoint summary to sum up everything discussed and done and agreed upon to this point sounds like a perfect idea but I wanted to clarify all that because there will be lots more to come after which I'll be in contact about when it becomes relevant

Edited by supernal