Walk Among The Abyss

The Citadel - A Club For All (OPEN TO ALL)

angel2.jpg

| that's where old devils danced and kissed |

Esdel’s hand was left with a dull ache as he retracted it from their handshake. The strong grip of Shanna did not match her slight frame, but Esdel liked a strong grip. There was something especially confidant and certain about a strong grip. His curious eyes take her in again, and he can still feel a lingering smile on his lips. Shanna’s smile was undoubtedly contagious, as Esdel rarely did it so much.

Esdel had just been to Genesaris. He found himself getting kicked out of a tavern in Aelindra City before he decided to move on to somewhere else – and his wandering brought him to The Citadel. It was something like a beacon in the night for Esdel; somewhere warm to dry off and get something to eat while he escaped the rain. “I am from Grad na Ang’eli. Or… The City of Angels, I believe it is called more commonly.” He looked at his cinnamon bun and tore off another piece. Esdel was born in Grad na Ang’eli, but he more recently had resided in the Underworld, which wasn’t something worth repeating. Esdel was an outcast.

“Do you get to take a break?” He asked after hearing about the Wine Cellar again. “Would you be keen on joining me for a glass of wine? I wouldn’t mind seeing what selection they have down there.” Esdel dug some payment from his pocket and set it on the counter to cover the cost of the food and drink. Shanna was kind and Esdel wouldn’t mind having someone to talk to if he did venture downstairs for some wine.

Edited by Ripley

Shanna scoops up the payment, depositing it in a cash register before she contemplates his question regarding the wine cellar. Shanna does not drink – for good reason – it releases the chaotic energies that build up inside of her. The last time she had drank, she had gotten so sick that lava spewed from her mouth and lit a tavern on fire.

Surely not an experience worth repeating. However, who was she to deny a guest company? She removes the apron from her body, leaving it to lay across the counter where she stands. “I could take a few moments and join you, if you like.” She offers, though she waits for him to finish what he can of the cinnamon roll, before moving to exit the expanse of the bar. Shanna motions for him to follow to a winding set of stairs that angle downward. Shanna steps down them carefully, as though afraid to topple over and end up a heaped mess on the ground below.

As they make their way to the landing, she turns to lead him to the left and the expansive wine cellar. There are rows upon rows of bottles neatly placed in racks along the walls, each labeled by year, brand, and type. In the middle of the room are numerous comfortable couches and divans for guests to settle upon should they wish to, as well as several high-backed chairs that looked just as comfortable. Tables littered between each piece of furniture, so that the wine glasses may have a place to rest. In the far back was another small bar where one could open the wines to be sampled.

“Do you have a particular type in mind?” She asks then, hands clasping behind her back as she cants her head to the right.

@Raptor

It is time,” the ancient old man spoke aloud. His gray, soulless eyes peering through the darkness as though searching for a bystander to snatch. The rain had ceased. A steady flow of sunshine illuminated the grounds of the building. Greenery replaced the cobble bricks, large, green, leafy trees sprouted from the ground towering as high as The Citadel creating a natural umbrella.

With the teleportation in a new section of the world, the decrepit man turned a doorknob that did not exist and walked through the discolored white frame and vanished.

The interior began to transform, once a dark and dreary ambient lighting was now replaced by rays of sunlight shining from the ceiling.

A doorway creaked open, one that was not there but then suddenly was, as it appeared behind the bar, near Shanna before she departed as a new keeper of the bar walked over. “Do not forget there are waffles in the kitchen to be served,” stated the withered head peeking from the doorway, speaking to no one in particular. As abruptly as it appeared, the door vanished once more.

@True Lycalo

Thick branches for fingers scribbled words as the beast, nay, the being spoke. Metallaxi. Griffins. Animalistic ferocity! The scratching of the writing paused as Baltrex beamed his eyes to meet Tharraleos. 

“You’re not a humble being but I like it. You have a grandiose aura about you, and you own it!”

Stuffing his writing equipment into a pocket, the towering figure hopped onto a stool waving for the tender to bring over a coffee, dark as the night sky and as bitter as chicory. “What do you do?” A simple question but one that could be compounded on immensely.

Edited by Walk Among The Abyss

@Walk Among The Abyss

A chortle emerged from the humanoid animal at Baltrex's initial statement. For a moment his gaze would cease its lock while he stared off somewhat to the side as if he were processing it. It seemed even his steely composure could be cracked by the man's charismatic prowess. While Tharr didn't have a notepad, he was doing his own jotting down of information in his seemingly boundless cranium. It was quite the seldom occurrence he would have so many inquires to contemplate about an individual. As soon as the enjoyment of gloating about himself peaked perhaps he'd get in a few questions of his own.

"I suppose when one harbors the essence of Pride within their being it is only natural." The Griff replied as his eyes returned to the giant. The chuckling grin appeared to subtly twist into something more conceited. Throughout this interaction his maw was toothless as one would expect beaks to be. But at this point a set of teeth would reveal themselves akin to how his claws would unsheathe a set of claws. They were feline in nature complete with carnassials, incisors and fangs. The latter of which would appear to be half the length as normal, which was a feature used to convey expressions. They had the ability to extend fully for more predatory purposes.

"As for what I do." he started once more after a brief pause, his visage returning to its normal indifference and his chompers hiding themselves once more. "You can consider me a nomad of sorts. I am an adventurer with no foreseeable destination in mind basking in the beauty this world has to offer. Other times I find ways to hone my combat capabilities by competing in tournaments or perhaps I'll seek bounties if I desire the hunt." he explained with a few nods of his feathered head.

"Tell me about yourself, Baltrex." he inquired, his focus lasering on the man even further, adjusting himself in his seat while his composite tail swayed about. "How does a human such as yourself come into being?" he went on to ask.

@True Lycalo

“An adventurer!” Excitement bellowed from his lungs. “That is wonderful. Adventuring is exactly the best type of activity.” Stashing his notepad inside his pocket, the man pulled a chair from underneath the grand countertop and sat. His cheeks stuck out on either side and imagined that the being before him did the same. Wait! How was he sitting? His eyes slowly shifted toward the seat as the sun did when he began its slumber but Baltrex prevented his gaze to continue. Quickly his eyes were transfixed to the creatures.

“Myself,” grabbing a coffee and sipping from it. “I suppose I am much like yourself. I wander to and fro. I take on jobs. I get paid. Then I leave for where my services are needed.” Lighting a cigar he pulled from his pocket, Baltrex peered and did not see anyone object as he inhaled.

“My life is a train of sadness and regret. Every mile of track is a story of treachery and despair. I wake every morning to the sounds of the conductor blowing that horn for I never know when the train will diverge or break free and crush my soul.” The smoke cloud produced gathered overhead, an ominous symbol…or just a smoke cloud. Baltrex laughed uncontrollably. “I jest. My life’s been wonderful. I kill and get paid my friend! What else can a lusting body of anger and revenge ask for that would be better?”