squid peanut

An Unorthodox Test of Aspyn's Public Health

I just want to say real quick sorry for being as uninvolved with this as I am.  I’ve started writing a novel, and it’s been taking up a lot of my brain space.  I’ll still try to respond to any direct questions and I’ll try to keep posting, but sorry that I cannot be like an active resource as I’ve done in prior threads.

Would it be best to bring a fight to the Rec Area? Or best to defend there? 

I've set it to suit either. 

On the former: It holds spheres of blessed water. HUGE, 10, 20 ft in diameter? Manipulate at will or trigger the autonomous defensive sphere attack in your post for NPC milling. Open the ground and close it on every horror you can lure in all omnomnom you feel me?

The Latter: A GREAT place to maybe stash a bunch of people, preserve a barrier of holy water(if applicable and effective), IDK DROWN KAHD'XEL

Nah but it is a plot piece I think could be utilized. Routing a fight by that point would keep the Xel from pushing defenses to/into the water and killing us on a closed beach : S If the idea brings too much heat  to the Power Plant (which I would argue could benefit from the defense or diversion from enemies in the open green) but these are my thoughts. ^   ^; 

Scene 2 and 3 could converge to better defend the interior and the power plant

Also have the recurring idea of establishing an electrifying or incinerating edge to keep further entry to the city/toward City Hall + Power Plant. 

I updated the first post with my badmin powers to include the posting order. @Zashiii is next.

@L E V I A T H A N Scene 2 would benefit from having the characters unite and follow a common goal. If you all want to discuss what that could be, then I'm good to put down some creature features and facilitate.

26 minutes ago, desolate said:

I updated the first post with my badmin powers to include the posting order. @Zashiii is next.

@L E V I A T H A N Scene 2 would benefit from having the characters unite and follow a common goal. If you all want to discuss what that could be, then I'm good to put down some creature features and facilitate.

Cries at glory

3 hours ago, desolate said:

Speaking long-term, are we moving in any particular direction? 🙏

I've just finished reading up on our little soiree, and I am glad you asked!

Let's have a little fun wrapping things up! I have no interest in dragging the thread out, considering @squid peanut having for all intents and purposes abandoned the thread, but there seem to be many other factors than Kahd at play here. Whether squid comes back or not, I am asserting continuation of the thread from this point forward as the area's board leader. I'm down to let things post out, but everything from here forward will be a steady push by the antagonist forces to purify and push out the enemies.

@Sigil Warden that was a great post, and I know you were here to flex that might, but it would have been much better placed than directly toward Mike and Aspyn. I hope you know that actions like this come with repercussions, even with (hardly) good intentions. I'll be embarking on some follow-up about that attack. Also Mike isn't standing on the wall but several hundred meters ahead of it, sorry if that wasn't clear.

@The Alexandrian you already know that Cae will be subject to a bout of questioning by Michael, but that will take place in a separate thread.

@amenities I wouldn't have done it if I didn't expect content to arise. I should however make it clear, if it wasn't from my poetic language in post, that they specifically didn't aim at Mike but rather Kahd'Xel, and the interaction between weaponry from a place that rejects magic and a supremely powerful being that rejects reality, caused 11 of the 12 shots to deflect away in random directions... these being mostly towards the wall due to momentum.

So no worries on the placement of where Michael was since he wasn't targeted, having shots boom over is head is equally exciting, and I won't be upset if IC reaction doesn't make that distinction anyway; I just want to make sure you know OOC what the intent was. 

1 minute ago, Sigil Warden said:

@amenities I wouldn't have done it if I didn't expect content to arise. I should however make it clear, if it wasn't from my poetic language in post, that they specifically didn't aim at Mike but rather Kahd'Xel, and the interaction between weaponry from a place that rejects magic and a supremely powerful being that rejects reality, caused 11 of the 12 shots to deflect away in random directions... these being mostly towards the wall due to momentum.

So no worries on the placement of where Michael was since he wasn't targeted, having shots boom over is head is equally exciting, and I won't be upset if IC reaction doesn't make that distinction anyway; I just want to make sure you know OOC what the intent was. 

That's the clarification I needed! Thanks for the forthcoming response.

I would also like to add for everyone involved, that these next few posts are an opportunity for your character to carve out some kind of advancement! If there was something you came for, achieve it. If there is something you see, grab it! We all came for a reason and I don't want that to be lost but invigorated in these last several rounds.