Rin

The Crimson Tide; Book III, The Black Azura Tides

"Uh..uh.." Delan struggled to form coherent words. It seemed that the seeds not only corrupted her insides but also did a number on her vocal and speech capabilities. Or maybe she just ate too much of it that it hurt her tongue and throat. Either way, she forced herself to form the words that need to be said,

"He-hello," she finally spoke with much difficulty. The words sound queer and alien coming from her mouth. There seemed to be some disconnect between her mind and mouth at the moment. Was it the seeds doing?

"I...My..name is Delan," she forced more words out. "Who-who are you? Who is Kogal? Wha-what are these seeds? Am..am I dying?'

Azura-Dawn sighed in relief as the girl hadn't been corrupted yet. Of course, she could be feigning this to lure the twin sister in and become corrupted herself. However, as the demon stood up, Azura-Dusk's prison core dropped out of her bag and rolled towards Delan, landing by her feet. Rin jumped down from the red clover tree, her oar against the back of Delan's throat. Azura-Dawn sighed, shaking her head at the girl. 

Rin wait--

You're an idiot Azura-Dawn. You cannot see the girl's infected and soon she"ll become a desire elf.  Rin muttered as she kept the oar at the girl's throat. That is what your sister does. She crafts despicable degenerate elves from those black azura clover seeds. Eat enough and you get lost in your own depravity.

What Rin said was true. The seeds that Delan had eaten had blossomed and grew small vines connecting her vital organs, connective tissues and and even in her blood stream. Her skin was becoming tan, her ears slowly turning pointed. Her own mind betrayed her. The half-breed didn't move as her crimson black orb of an eye eyed the prison core. 

My dearest Delan… Azura-Dusk whispered in her mind. I am awaiting you to awaken me. Now is the time, both pieces are within my grasp. Let my corruption fester within you and bring forth Delan, the elf of power and depravity, the black hearted cloverheart. Awake, my vile little elf.

Rin watched Azura-Dawn and Delan with a glare, annoyed that she had to try and stop the awakening of pure evil yet again. The half-breed didn't lower her oar either as she was wary--wary that something terrible was about to happen. 

Delan here isn't corrupted that hard. Azura-Dawn said, as she stared down the half-breed. I looked her over, she only has eaten a few seeds and we were going to find Kogal to reverse the damage Esben caused. I just have no idea--

Again, Rin cut her off. Isn't corrupted that hard? You can see it all over her. The seeds are consuming her and she looks like she's about to explode into a damned desire elf. Which are worse than desire demons. Rin then moved the oar up more, annoyed Azura-Dawn couldn't see the signs. You cannot see how the changes are coming through? She--Delan, probably no longer has her own free will or mind.

Rin, lower your weapon please. It's just not going to help if you threaten her. Azura-Dawn said as she picked up the core. She guarded it with her life. We just need to find Kogal. We can still save her. She isn't lost yet. 

Corrupt the half-breed first my dear.  Corrupt her back into those memories she has forgotten. Azura-Dusk whispered again. Then we can awaken me back to the world they robbed me of. Awaken into what you really are, the darkest elf hidden among a doppleganger of a failed progedy. [/font)

As her mind slowly cleared, Delan dragged her feet after the strange woman. What was her name again? Delan struggled to remember. Still, she could not help but feel anxious with her current predicament. On one end this stranger was risking a lot by helping her and on the other hand the seeds' alluring whispers were greatly affecting her. What can she do in this situation.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:12 PM, Rin said:

However, as the demon stood up, Azura-Dusk's prison core dropped out of her bag and rolled towards Delan, landing by her feet. Rin jumped down from the red clover tree, her oar against the back of Delan's throat. Azura-Dawn sighed, shaking her head at the girl. 

"Wha-whazat?" she groggily asked as she reached for the prison core. Thankfully, a new stranger appeared which greatly surprised Delan. In fact, the stimulus was too strong that she fell backwards and landed on her tiny bottom.

"Uhhh," she groaned. Looking up to the others, she could understand their concern. Not for her safety or sanity of course but for the complications that these seeds may bring.

Corrupt the half-breed first my dear.  Corrupt her back into those memories she has forgotten. Azura-Dusk whispered again. Then we can awaken me back to the world they robbed me of. Awaken into what you really are, the darkest elf hidden among a doppleganger of a failed progedy. [/font)

"Tha-thank you," Delan stammered, "But I need to go now. The voices in my head are telling me so many stuff that I can't track all of them. Something about corruption and hal-breeds. Unghhh."

You're not going anywhere. Rin hissed as she pointed the oar at Delan's torso. I told you she was an agent of Azura-Dusk. And now she's trying to feign it. I am not becoming a part of that monstrous thing again.

The prison core once more rolled out of Azura-Dawn's bag as she stood up. It rolled right in front of Delan, pulsating and glowing with azura clover seed energy. Rin hadn't noticed it happening yet again as she was too focused on the girl. Azura-Dawn had dropped it this time on purpose. She held her head, feigning a pain. 

How cute her bravado is when it's pretend. But you cannot fight me much longer Delan. It's what you desire deep within. You want this more than you'll admit. Azura-Dusk whispered as her prison core pulsated. She whispered such honeyed words. It's time to bring this game to an end. Give in, free yourself of this worry and doubt my little lamb.

Rin kept her eye on Delan as she held her oar still at her torso. She didn't want anyone to be a part of what Azura-Dusk truly was. Nor allow her back into the world. But something was off, as Azura-Dawn walked up behind the half-breed as she held her spear at her back. 

I think it's a good idea to corrupt the half-breed. I think she'd make a good host to my dear sister. Azura-Dawn said as she eyed the prison core. Don't you agree Delan? Pick it up, let her consume your mind, your heart. Bring back a land before Rin destroyed it? We should do this. 

Rin grumbled low. She eyed Delan and then looked over her shoulder at Azura-Dawn. So she was in on it, wanting to release her sister. The half-breed shook her head, as she swung around and used her oar to bash Azura-Dawn against her head. The demon fell to her knees silent. The half-breed then looked back at Delan and shook her head again. 

Well? What path do you want to take? Become a desire elf full of your wicked desires and truths? Do you really desire to bring Azura-Dusk back? I cannot decide for you. If you choose to become an elf, I will fight you. Rin said as she held her oar at Delan. Azura-Dusk cannot be awaken.

Rin's right, it's time for you to make your decision. Time to take your path. Azura-Dusk whispered as the core pulsated once more. If you wish to take your place beside me, let my corruption awaken you into a new being. And corrupt the half-breed by placing me inside her. Decide.

Rin said nothing as she kept the oar locked on Delan. She waited for her move against her, wary that it could end bad for her. The half-breed grumbled, as she glared at the girl. 

You will not corrupt me. Azura-Dusk is nothing but a monstrous being wanting to see us all corrupted in our sins. Rin muttered low. I won't let you wallow in it either--

Rin paused. She finally eyed the prison core releasing a miasma into Delan's nostrils. A sweet addictive intoxicating miasma that would finally awake the azura clover seeds she had eaten. The half-breed's eye widened then.

Rin wait--

You're an idiot Azura-Dawn. You cannot see the girl's infected and soon she"ll become a desire elf.  Rin muttered as she kept the oar at the girl's throat. That is what your sister does. She crafts despicable degenerate elves from those black azura clover seeds. Eat enough and you get lost in your own depravity.

"Infected?" Delan cocked her head. "I-I guess that would be an apt term. Bu-but I don't know how to remove this infection." 

She kept her body still under the threat of that dangerous oar. Who knows what it might do the her once Rin gets serious. That and she could feel the seeds even more in her insides. The small seeds blossoming, growing into vines. Unseen tendrils that wrap and encroach around her internal organs. Not that it really mattered since her bosy was just a poor imitation of the original. As long as she has her reserve of magical energy, she could keep on living even if her organs were removed.

My dearest Delan… Azura-Dusk whispered in her mind. I am awaiting you to awaken me. Now is the time, both pieces are within my grasp. Let my corruption fester within you and bring forth Delan, the elf of power and depravity, the black hearted cloverheart. Awake, my vile little elf.

'Ho-how do i do that?' Delan had to ask. 'How-how do I awaken?' 

Rin, lower your weapon please. It's just not going to help if you threaten her. Azura-Dawn said as she picked up the core. She guarded it with her life. We just need to find Kogal. We can still save her. She isn't lost yet. 

Delan looked at both strangers. "The voice in my head is telling me to awaken. Help me understand what it means."

Awaken? It only means one thing. Let the seeds rot you until the darkest blackest vile parts are left of you. Rin said as she still pointed the oar at Delan. That you give into the seeds desires and let it make you a desire elf, akin to Azura-Dusk. A monstrous being--

The half-breed was cut off as Azura-Dawn threw her into a tree. Her hand pulling up Delan as she embraced her, holding the prison core close to her nostrils. More of the miasma entering her. Letting go of the girl, Azura-Dawn held the cube, as she looked down at it. 

Like the half-breed said, let the seeds consume and reborn you into what you truly want, desire. Inside of letting you crumble, let my sister corrupt you into a new being. Azura-Dawn said as she shook her head. I believe once you become your true self, we can awaken my sister into the half-breed. 

Rin pushed herself up slowly as she shook off the demon's attack. So both sisters were working together to twist more into monstrous creatures. Rin had noticed the small changes to Delan, that the seeds burst opened into blossomed vines. They whispered false hopes, truths and promises. The half-breed picked up her oar and came at Azura-Dawn swinging her oar at her torso. 

You really going to be corrupted? Help that monster awaken? She said as she pushed the demon against the tree after her first attack. Her oar at her throat. You really are? Have you decided on your path?

Awaken… Consume… This is the path you want Delan. The Cloverheart calls for you, desires you. Come, become a desire elf, indulge in what you want for once. All you have to do is eat the Black Azura Cloverheart crystal. It will lead you to your awakening. There in that bucket before you. 

Rin then turned and came for Delan, her oar raised high. If she had to, she'd knock some sense into the girl. Well, it would have gone that way if Delan didn't grab her oar half-way as it came down against her head. 

Gonna challenge me eh? Let's see how that goes then.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:40 AM, Rin said:

Like the half-breed said, let the seeds consume and reborn you into what you truly want, desire. Inside of letting you crumble, let my sister corrupt you into a new being. Azura-Dawn said as she shook her head. I believe once you become your true self, we can awaken my sister into the half-breed. 

Delan weakly nodded. "I am not sure if you could call this rebirth. I feel like I am being replaced. Replaced. Overwritten."

Just as she had expected, she was still being used, still a pawn. It seemed that this would always be her fate to the end. However. there was no despair in her nor sorrow only relief. At the very least, she could try another path once the original creates a new version of Delan.

You really going to be corrupted? Help that monster awaken? She said as she pushed the demon against the tree after her first attack. Her oar at her throat. You really are? Have you decided on your path?

Awaken… Consume… This is the path you want Delan. The Cloverheart calls for you, desires you. Come, become a desire elf, indulge in what you want for once. All you have to do is eat the Black Azura Cloverheart crystal. It will lead you to your awakening. There in that bucket before you.

"Yes," Delan whispered softly. Not that she had any choice in the matter either way. Even if she used her foresight to peer into the narrative's unseen hands of fate, she would get the same result. This was the path she had to walk on.

Gonna challenge me eh? Let's see how that goes then.

"I'm sorry," Delan mumbled as her arm reached up and grabbed the oar. "I don't like this either but this is the path fate has decided for me."

Rin tilted her head, for a moment as both held the oar. The half-breed listened to the answer, yet it felt as if the girl was defeated by Azura-Dusk and gave into her resolve--gave into a destiny crafted by someone else. That she gave up knowing that the fight was futile. The half-breed tried to wretch the oar out of Delan's hand. Her crimson black orb of an eye peering at her as she fell backwards without the oar. 

As this occurred, the prison cube landed right near Delan. It glowed, whispering only to her. The sweet honeyed words of Azura-Dusk wafting out and softly sweetly talking to the girl in front of her. 

It is your path. Let yourself be rewritten into something you truly desire within. Release your shackles from those that made you into a weak creature. It is your path to become my elf. 

Fine, we'll fight. But you're making a mistake. You don't realise the fate you truly will receive. Rin said as she stood up. Dusting herself off, she grasped her oar once more. But I will not just let you corrupt me so easily.

The half-breed looked Delan over as she stood there half slumped over. Azura-Dawn had disappeared in the chaos between the two but she vowed to hunt the girl down later. Right now she had to save Delan from further corruption. If that could even be done. Rin muttered low as she looked up. This fight wouldn't be easy either. But the half-breed had to try. 

Azura-Dusk must remain sealed. Don't you realise that? Rin asked as she gripped her oar. You're just being used, a pawn. Why?!

Such a silly girl. The prison core whispered. She doesn't realise what she's done under me. That we are the same. You desire to be my puppet, then corrupt the half-breed. Release me into the world my puppet.

Rin looked down to finally see the core and ran towards it. If she destroyed it, then she could stop the revival. She flung her oar down hard against the core. She then ran at Delan swinging her oar down against her torso. 

I'm sorry but I cannot allow her to be revived once more. 

On 12/19/2020 at 1:17 AM, Rin said:

It is your path. Let yourself be rewritten into something you truly desire within. Release your shackles from those that made you into a weak creature. It is your path to become my elf. 

'Just do it," Delan muttered, "Let's get this over with. Whether we prolong this or not, the end path is still the same."

Fine, we'll fight. But you're making a mistake. You don't realise the fate you truly will receive. Rin said as she stood up. Dusting herself off, she grasped her oar once more. But I will not just let you corrupt me so easily.

She eyed the pleading Rin. If only this woman understand. Delan was only taking the path that fate had given to her whether it was good or bad for her. Just like those before her, the fated course was the only path they could take. For better or for worse.

Azura-Dusk must remain sealed. Don't you realise that? Rin asked as she gripped her oar. You're just being used, a pawn. Why?!

A logical retort but Delan was already beyond logic. There was no escaping the life of a pawn for her. She was the contradiction that Shishi had cast off and being a random pawn was a part that Shishi never needed in her life. This was another instance that fate had decided for Delan.

I'm sorry, Rin. If only there was another way.

Such a silly girl. The prison core whispered. She doesn't realise what she's done under me. That we are the same. You desire to be my puppet, then corrupt the half-breed. Release me into the world my puppet.

"Very well," Delan replied with heavy resignation in her heart. "Let your will be done."

Then she moved forward to meet the charging Rin. Her body rolled to the other side of the oar to dodge it. Without missing a beat, Delan was back on her feet while delivering a roundhouse kick to Rin's head.

Barely able to dodge, the half-breed fell to the ground, the kick hitting her shoulder instead. She muttered low knowing that this could be changed, that a path wasn't totally decided yet. Choices could still be made. The half-breed looked at the prison core, shaking her head. It had to be destroyed to save this woman from a terrible fate. 

Standing up, Rin grabbed her oar and walked towards the core. Knowing the meager oar wasn't going to be enough to break it. She sighed, knowing using magic would make her weak--able to be easily attacked. Rin didn't care as she snapped her finger, a crystalized electric arrow fired at the prison core to break it apart. It flew into the air and shattered against the ground. But it reformed a moment after. 

The half-breed muttered as she eyed Delan again. What was this thing? She didn't know as she then snapped her fingers again, crystalized ice arrows flying at Delan, followed by earth pillars rising from the ground towards her. With this use of magic, she fell to her knees, overtired and weak. 

"Fine, you win." Rin muttered. "If this is what you truly want, do your worst. I doubt that this will save Athentha, but go ahead."

Rin then coughed, she had overdone it this time as Delan had an advantage over her for the second. The half-breed stared at the prison core, annoyed Azura-Dusk had so much power to gain more followers. Gain them from a prison core. 

"I concede."

On 1/6/2021 at 1:32 PM, Rin said:

"I concede."

"Good," Delan replied but her words came out slurred and weak. The corruption had greatly taken a toll on her body and it won't be long before she ceased to exist. Not that she had ever existed in the first place anyway. Just a figment of imagination given form, an unwated portion expelled from the source. At the very least through this path, Delan would become her own person. That was until the corruption completely takes over and Delan would no longer exist again.

The dark veins were now filling every inch of her visible skin. Blood dripped down her orifices, and soon even through her skin's pores Yet she kept her shaking body upright. If this would be her final moment, she would prefer to remain standing with her head held high to the very end.

She whispered then to the voices inside her mind. "Be done with it."