Mudra

Writer's Summons

Hi, I'm Mudra. 

There's been a lengthy adjournment between now and the last time I've written, but having finally devised a worthy premise in the form of a character, a reason has returned.

Wanting to splash the first marks of impression on the blank canvas of this idea's development in a way that could integrate others, I decided a thread amassing different roleplayers was fitting. 

For those wondering what the capital premise is, the former's contents will expound in post-form through its host.

And for those interested in taking part, this topic is a formal beckoning; anyone can and is welcome to join. You are being invited to. 

Edited by Mudra

1 hour ago, Priestess said:

A brief description of what the thread is about would be most helpful. The above post doesn't do much to tell me if it's something any of my OC's will partake in.

"In the Astral Plane, the world surrenders to conception; reality is freed from the waking world's constraints, and so forth, all boundaries that are not, of themselves, emplaced by the Dreamer's subconscious desire.

The bastions that guard material limitation dissolves; the mind becomes our expanse.

And, for Dreamers all across the lands, a new phenomena has begun to take root in this nightly mode of arrested cognition; people everywhere are rising from their beds to recall different exploits along the same axis of experience. An occurrence many are beginning to coin the Labyrinth. A call towards self-exploration, this mystifying Labyrinth is an intricate manifestation of the psyche’s depths, an immersion of which the Dreamer is invited to embark upon being visited. Those who do, are naming themselves Pathfinders. 

In this facsimile adobe of conscious framework, Pathfinders are the architects of their experience. Aspects of the waking world clash here, in slumber, to forge the surreal complex of their quest. But, let it be known, this is no ordinary dream: sensations, of pain and pleasure both, are sheer; sequence is never disjointed; like a river, the lucid array flows with seamless succession; and even the Pathfinder's illusory perception of time is compressed to better engineer the semblance of corporeality. His battle, here, is against an agent of his negative repressions and a creature the Pathfinders have appropriately deemed the Minotaur. 

An adversary of the Dreamer's fabrication, this monstrous archetype is the Pathfinder's self-imposed fallacy, a reflection of his lies, a delusory image of the Dreamer's identity against ascribed Truth. Personified by this mercurial beast, through this, the Labyrinth reveals the Pathfinder's apocryphas of belief without fail. The Pathfinder's goal is to overcome it; for at the the heart of this Labyrinth lies his verity and the reality of who he is beneath all beguiling illusions of his design.

The fortune awaiting him in the waking world is a divulgence of profile. Conquering the Labyrinth's beast in the coil of its submersible entwinement, Pathfinders wake in the extramural world to find the attainment of their greatest treasure yet, Purpose, a truth that arrives at the dissolution of all falsehoods -- something the Labyrinth is manufactured to reveal indomitably. Furthermore, to coronate this awakening, those who stir from their respective slumbers after overcoming the Labyrinth's crucibles are given another parting "gift" to bring into the first world; this cardinal bestowal is a piece of the Astral Plane's defining attribution: reality's innate submission to mind, the foremost assignment of the Astral Plane.  

With this power, many have emerged from the folds of their pilgrimage with the means to bring great decency to society, but not every revelation of the awoken bode well for all. And little by little, the Labyrinth is revealing to the world that Purpose is a finding with many grave consequences."

The above is a brief summation of the global idea. The thread however, as said before, provides a taste of greater insight for those curious.

The premise embarks on a mission to express the sleeping potential of human awareness, spirit and the complex of their greater relation; likewise, it is meant to serve as a concrete foregrounds for chronically nebulous concepts like "psionics" and "ESPer" ability. 

Edited by Mudra

5 minutes ago, Mudra said:

In the Astral Plane, the world surrenders to conception; reality is freed from the waking world's constraints, and so forth, all boundaries that are not, of themselves, emplaced by the Dreamer's subconscious desire.

The bastions that guard material limitation dissolves; the mind becomes our expanse.

And, for Dreamers all across the lands, a new phenomena has begun to take root in this nightly mode of arrested cognition; people everywhere are rising from their beds to recall different exploits along the same axis of experience. An occurrence many are beginning to coin the Labyrinth. A call towards self-exploration, this mystifying Labyrinth is an intricate manifestation of the psyche’s depths, an immersion of which the Dreamer is invited to embark upon being visited. Those who do, are naming themselves Pathfinders.

In this facsimile adobe of conscious framework, Pathfinders are the architects of their experience. Aspects of the waking world clash here, in slumber, to forge the surreal complex of their quest. But, let it be known, this is no ordinary dream: sensations, of pain and pleasure both, are sheer; sequence is never disjointed; like a river, the lucid array flows with seamless succession; and even the Pathfinder's illusory perception of time is compressed to better engineer the semblance of corporeality. His battle, here, is against an agent of his negative repressions and a creature the Pathfinders have appropriately deemed the Minotaur.

An adversary of the Dreamer's fabrication, this monstrous archetype is the Pathfinder's self-imposed fallacy, a reflection of his lies, a delusory image of the Dreamer's identity against ascribed Truth. Personified by this mercurial beast, through this, the Labyrinth reveals the Pathfinder's apocryphas of belief without fail. The Pathfinder's goal is to overcome it; for at the the heart of this Labyrinth lies his verity and the reality of who he is beneath all beguiling illusions of his design.

The fortune awaiting him in the waking world is a divulgence of profile. Conquering the Labyrinth's beast in the coil of its submersible entwinement, Pathfinders wake in the extramural world to find the attainment of their greatest treasure yet, Purpose, a truth that arrives at the dissolution of all falsehoods -- something the Labyrinth is manufactured to reveal indomitably. Furthermore, to coronate this awakening, those who stir from their respective slumbers after overcoming the Labyrinth's crucibles are given another parting "gift" to bring into the first world; this cardinal bestowal is a piece of the Astral Plane's defining attribution: reality's innate submission to mind, the foremost assignment of the Astral Plane.

With this power, many have emerged from the folds of their pilgrimage with the means to bring great decency to society, but not every revelation of the awoken bode well for all. And little by little, the Labyrinth is revealing to the world that Purpose is a finding with many grave consequences.

I would also advise simplifying this speech. It's eloquent sounding, but in grasping for a more ornate vernacular, you'll alienate your audience. Reading it, I felt like I needed a thesaurus on hand. Reducing the text to 10-point font w/ black on white-highlight also made it very hard to read from a physical standpoint. I have dyslexia, so there's a lot of things that make reading physically painful and exhausting for me: small text fonts, walls of text, blocks of small text (like a school textbook), etc...

Another bit of advise is to make sure that the highlight option is set to "automatic." Reading was made difficult for me because I use dark mode, and the text's highlight is white. Combined with the small font, it was very difficult to read through.

1 minute ago, Priestess said:

I would also advise simplifying this speech. It's eloquent sounding, but in grasping for a more ornate vernacular, you'll alienate your audience. Reading it, I felt like I needed a thesaurus on hand. Reducing the text to 10-point font w/ black on white-highlight also made it very hard to read from a physical standpoint. I have dyslexia, so there's a lot of things that make reading physically painful and exhausting for me: small text fonts, walls of text, blocks of small text (like a school textbook), etc...

Another bit of advise is to make sure that the highlight option is set to "automatic." Reading was made difficult for me because I use dark mode, and the text's highlight is white. Combined with the small font, it was very difficult to read through.

My audience is aimed towards the "ornate" class and those who have that fondness for vernacular. Those that feel like learning new words, in an art where we're challenged to use them, is some exhaustive undertaking, isn't the demographic I'm writing for. 

As far as the white text and fonts, I'm hopelessly inept when it comes to navigating this site. It's something you'll have to excuse. Hopefully I can alleviate it. 

1 minute ago, Mudra said:

My audience is aimed towards the "ornate" class and those who have that fondness for vernacular. Those that feel like learning new words, in an art where we're challenged to use them, is some exhaustive undertaking, isn't the demographic I'm writing for. 

If your target audience is those with a fondness for an elevated speech pattern, and you don't care if you alienate those who prefer to write the way common-folk talk, then you should be prepared for a longer wait period. Don't write "some1 pls join my rp!!!!!!!!" in the chatbox after only 15 hours of waiting for takers. It very well could be days before someone with your desired vernacular looks over this interest check. I know that sounds like I'm being stand-offish, but I'm just being straight with you with no intent of causing an altercation.

As for not being able to navigate the site all that well, I'll agree that it isn't particularly easy. I often times have to ask where to find things, and I normally use HTML code when posting, so navigating the chatbox is a challenge for me :T

1 minute ago, Priestess said:

If your target audience is those with a fondness for an elevated speech pattern, and you don't care if you alienate those who prefer to write the way common-folk talk, then you should be prepared for a longer wait period. Don't write "some1 pls join my rp!!!!!!!!" in the chatbox after only 15 hours of waiting for takers. It very well could be days before someone with your desired vernacular looks over this interest check. I know that sounds like I'm being stand-offish, but I'm just being straight with you with no intent of causing an altercation.

As for not being able to navigate the site all that well, I'll agree that it isn't particularly easy. I often times have to ask where to find things, and I normally use HTML code when posting, so navigating the chatbox is a challenge for me :T

That's fine, but public role-play solicitation has nothing to do with preference. We can advertise our threads and still have an appetite for the audiences we like.

I never said I was averse to waiting, I only ever wanted the public to know that I was. 

And as far as HTMLs code and the like, I'm still relatively novice here on this site, so it's probably to take a while to adjust.  : (

On 9/15/2020 at 6:05 PM, Mudra said:

Oh wow, that looks nice. I need one.

Here's a tutorial on how html works on Valucre and here's a list of free html tables you can use however you want. You can also remove formatting from posts - in your case, the low-contrast text and background - by highlighting the formatted text and clicking the second icon from the left at the top of the post editor that looks like this --> Tx

Best of luck with the interest check, the premise seems interesting. I'd recommend editing the premise description you provided in the reply into your original (main) post -- if you're looking for multiple writers to join, you can also request a site banner/announcement here.