Ace

Looking for alternative RP settings

Hey hey folks~ 

I'm in the mood to join an RP that's set outside of the Valucre canon. I don't have any concrete ideas that I'm set on, but a few broader settings that come to mind include: 

- cyberpunk
- Cthulhu mythos/eldritch horror, either in the classic 1930s era or in a noir-style 1950s
- Fallout post-nuclear apocalyptic (preferably East coast)
- The Witcher-esque, not canon characters
- other monster horror or outer space/sci-fi tropes maybe?
-
a re-imagining of Greek mythos  in a more flavorful universe, maybe. Kinda like in the games Hades or God of War? 

I would be interested in incorporating dice into options 1 and 2, but that's not essential. XD And since I feel like I'm just grasping for ideas, I'm also open to hear any settings anyone else has an itch for! Now, I do have a lot going on right now and would only be able to post about once a week if we're talking super literate. More often if brevity is embraced. Amenable to romance if it's well-paced and earned, but mostly just looking for an adventure or thriller with big-bad intrigue. 

Please don't be offended if I don't agree to the first opportunity that presents itself. It's possibly going to be a challenging transition for me coming back to RP, so I'm looking for the one that really revs my engine, and is easy enough to follow along in terms of readability while still being engaging enough to keep me motivated.  

Edited by Ace

I'd be down for Fallout style as I've a bounty hunter I've yet to introduce to Val. Because she's mostly a Fallout character. 

I'm also a total floozie for some Cthulu stuff in a Bloodborn esque world. Despite Knowing nothing about Lovecraft besides his philosophy on horror. And do indeed have a character based around the BB world.

Additionally, I have a character who slays gods (like Kratos). But she does it for glory. As she's considered the god of glory in my headcannon universe.

And in reference to Brevity I like brevity... i think? Is that shorter more concise text?

9 minutes ago, Houndy Poochykins said:

And in reference to Brevity I like brevity... i think? Is that shorter more concise text?

That's right. :3

of the three you mentioned, which are you most motivated toward? 

7 hours ago, Ace said:

That's right. :3

of the three you mentioned, which are you most motivated toward? 

It would depend highly on what you seek from each one. Since my BB Character is seated in some noncanon lore. With some Great Ones and Kin/Beast lore background

As for Fallout. It's an edgy action centric character. With a propensity for danger.

And the GoW style one is literally just a spear wielding warrior woman. But seeks glory. 

Note: For anyone interested in a cyberpunk rp, I'm withdrawing the idea to post one in alternative and probably going to take advantage of @Sigil Warden's Absalom setting. 

So this thread is now mainly recruiting for post- nuclear apocalypse (Fallout) or eldritch horror/Cthulhu mythos. Could really use one more to plan with myself and @Houndy Poochykins

2 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

Works for me. I want to be a WW1 veteran who encountered something spooky during his tour.

Love it! 

Hmm -ponders a story hook- 

Edited by Ace