Jump to content
supernal

Abudctions at a farm - closed

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm looking to provide some light GMing for 2-3 players for a quest based out of Chesterfield. This one concerns itself with rumors about abductions. This is for a low level quest so expect my involvement to be relatively brief though after meeting the minimum requirement if players wish to go on they'll be able to continue among themselves

The rumors go on to indicate that both farm animals and sapient races are equally likely to be abducted and that the purpose for the abduction is organ harvesting, details which make for an uncommon MO and raise a call to surface further detail

Characters should be proactive and prosocial

Anyone interested?

 

party

Nicoletta

Igni

Saul 


Session Zero

IC thread 

 

 

Edited by supernal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a good feeling about this. I'd be honoured if I could join in, it looks like a good opportunity to bring my healer-mage Nicoletta into the fold, if there's a party out there that would have her!

Good timing for me, because I've just gotten her profile to a place I'm satisfied with it for now! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Imogen of the Weald said:

I have a good feeling about this. I'd be honoured if I could join in, it looks like a good opportunity to bring my healer-mage Nicoletta into the fold, if there's a party out there that would have her!

Good timing for me, because I've just gotten her profile to a place I'm satisfied with it for now! 😄

That is good timing. Serendipity and synchronicity abound!

I'll consider you the first member of the team

5 hours ago, Venus Sprite said:

Igni might take an interest in this, if you're interested in having her :).

I'm interested! Can I chalk you down definitively as member number two or do you want to think about it some more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Akiris said:

I remember organ theft being the subject of a previous quest. With Isidor participating in the murder and relating theft of organs.

Acknowledged

16 hours ago, Venus Sprite said:

Yes, put me down as a definite, please 🙂

Sweet deal!

2 hours ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

If the ladies need another, I’ll pit myself in. My brevity has been poor due to fluctuating work schedule and appointments but 🥴 

 

like I said if you can go with two, chill; otherwise I am here for it

Very much still interested in a confirmed third player. And now that’s you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

# themes and conventions

Aesthetic

Chesterfield is heavily science fantasy. Since this will be taking place on the outskirts of the developed area, it can skew lower tech for flavor purposes

Balance

As a multiple member party, no single party member should be able to solve the problem solely on their own. I'll let the narrative and players decide when they succeed and how well but will actively seek to balance peaks with valleys

# floor and ceiling

Ceiling should be standard mild powers. Attempts will be mitigated by use of RNG. Floor should be basic adventuring skills: basic combat, first aid, survival skills, so on. Characters who aren't able to actively contribute in the crawl can be used as pack mules, vanguards, perimeter security, etc.

# setting, characters, GM

setting: a farm on the outskirts of chesterfield

Characters: TBD

GM: As mentioned in my first post this will be light GMing, which means brevity posts, OOC prompting, or a combination of the two. If players want to take the thread on further than I can GM it then I'll pass of any notes / assets to players and will duck out, otherwise I'll stay with the party until canonization

# hooks and questions

Hook: Chesterfield makes active use of "professional adventurers" so you can expect the information about the farm to be readily available on some science fantasy equivalent of Monster.com. Since this is rumor based the details will be necessarily sparse but the "pro" aspect means that anyone going through the "classifieds" can expect some sort of payment through contractual obligation

For party members who wouldn't go through this avenue, standard hooks remain - the rumors are circulating in town and maybe they heard of it, or are approached / hear a neighbor of the problem farm saying they want to get someone to investigate, etc

If you want to meet in Chesterfield, I suggest the noodle shop but by all means discuss between yourselves

Any questions?

Also if there are characters sheets please link here so I can update the first post

Edited by supernal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking a sound way could be Igni and Saul (who seem much more experienced and capable, given the feats listed on their pages) might be approached by Nicoletta or the other way around because of her healing magic. She would have come to Chesterfield in search for work in the beginning of her quest, hoping to take advantage of its adventurer-supportive economy. Even if they are sure of their own capabilities, when you're talking about abductions, you might find someone who is severely injured and could use the healing on the spot, right? 🙂

This chance meeting taking place in the noodle shop is just fine. She would prefer a more expensive retreat but she's on limited funds and adventurers don't really attend banquets all that often, do they? 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, supernal said:

Ceiling should be standard mild powers.

Igni's powers are extreme but also as blunt as a cudgel, so can't be applied to every situation. Let me know if I overstep my powers at all.
 

1 hour ago, Imogen of the Weald said:

I am thinking a sound way could be Igni and Saul (who seem much more experienced and capable, given the feats listed on their pages) might be approached by Nicoletta or the other way around because of her healing magic.

The only way Igni's getting involved is if she overhears interesting people talking about an interesting topic, so it's more likely she'd approach the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Imogen of the Weald said:

I am thinking a sound way could be Igni and Saul (who seem much more experienced and capable, given the feats listed on their pages) might be approached by Nicoletta or the other way around because of her healing magic. She would have come to Chesterfield in search for work in the beginning of her quest, hoping to take advantage of its adventurer-supportive economy. Even if they are sure of their own capabilities, when you're talking about abductions, you might find someone who is severely injured and could use the healing on the spot, right? 🙂

This chance meeting taking place in the noodle shop is just fine. She would prefer a more expensive retreat but she's on limited funds and adventurers don't really attend banquets all that often, do they? 😛

Something that might help bring things together is that they can share the same goal without sharing the same motivation. Nicoletta might be motivated by taking up contractor work, Igni might be interested because of the rumored organ harvesting, Saul might be interested because of the abduction aspect, etc.

Just brainstorming some notions, not trying to take this decision out of player hands!

6 hours ago, Venus Sprite said:

Igni's powers are extreme but also as blunt as a cudgel, so can't be applied to every situation. Let me know if I overstep my powers at all.
 

The only way Igni's getting involved is if she overhears interesting people talking about an interesting topic, so it's more likely she'd approach the group.

RE the MP bit -The fact that some attempts can be mitigated by RNG means that if characters are used to executing tactics flawlessly they might be in for a surprise on this one! I'll cue you OOC either way though so we can make informed player level decisions regardless of what's happening with the characters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...