Delicious Steak

Smugglers in Yh’mi [Quest] - Semi Open

What's Mine is Mine

Quest Description: A group of prospectors had successfully exposed a large vein of Ercaniron oreat the mountains at the edge of the Whitewoods. The Order's concern is that the ore is tainted and dangerous, and that mining it will put the citizens of Inn'sth at risk. They are hiring contractors to close the fissure and make the ore inaccessible. You can either take up the quest to close the fissure, or to mine the ore for your own gain and fortune, but know that doing so will anger the Order of the White Hand.

Additional: You will find charred pieces of a Gutterfiend near the fissure, and signs that a significant amount of Ercaniron has been taken recently. You may also find wagon tracks around the area. These Ercaniron have been smuggled out by gypsies. It is up to your characters whether to report these findings to the paladins of the White Hand.

Quest Level: B+

Recommended group number: 3 to 4.

Minimum thread length: 40 posts.

Creature level (refer to Booklet 2 - The Tomes):Level B.

Storyteller: Not required.

Reward: If you close the fissure, the Order will reward each character with a ring that can be activated to cast a light beam of 100 metres. If you mine the ore, you can sell it to gain money, but by doing so, your character will no longer be welcome in Inns'th - the Order will forcibly remove you from the area.

Hi everyone! I’m three days into the forums and I must say that I’ve absolutely fallen in love with the Yh’mi setting. It has such grotesque and fascinating lore; every bit of me just wants to jump straight into it right off the bat.

I’m looking for questing partners to undertake the above mission with me as allies or opposition. I’m also looking for a storyteller to help guide the quest along and present obstacles.

I will be roleplaying my Terran Military Initiate, Bloom, whose organisation has a personal stake in the affairs of Yh’mi. I suppose @supernal should be tagged here so that he can usher other interested Military people over.

You can join this thread as an ally to help go seal the fissure, one of the culprits who has been smuggling the corrupted ercaniron out of Yh’mi for profit, or even a double crosser who seeks to discretely profit off the ercaniron while pretending to aid the Order.

Thread Link:

Storyteller Status: FOR GOD SAKE. WHY ME.

Pace: 1 x 1 Day

Party Members: Myself, @Sirloin, @danzilla3, @Nobilis, @Walk Among The Abyss

Interested Parties: @L E V I A T H A N

Spoiler

Tagging Board Leader: @jaistlyn

Edited by Delicious Steak

I think I have a character that would suit the role of double-crosser. He’s a demon of greed bound to the body of a mortal, some divine karmic retribution for his evil one could put it. What a better opportunity for him to gain some wealth on the physical plane. If you’re interested in me joining in I can send you his character sheet if you'd like.

10 minutes ago, Sirloin said:

I think I have a character that would suit the role of double-crosser. He’s a demon of greed bound to the body of a mortal, some divine karmic retribution for his evil one could put it. What a better opportunity for him to gain some wealth on the physical plane. If you’re interested in me joining in I can send you his character sheet if you'd like.

Ayyy!!! Participant!!! 😄

I’ll have a look at the sheet once you link it.

Edited by Delicious Steak

6 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

I don’t wanna bite off more than I can chew, but I’ve a Clergyman who would be down to help. 

out of curiosity, what sort of posting speed you looking at for participants? 

Err. . . Quite quick 😬 Looking at like one post per day rates. Per day, not per person per day.

1 hour ago, Delicious Steak said:

Err. . . Quite quick 😬 Looking at like one post per day rates. Per day, not per person per day.

You should add this pace explicitly to your post like “desired pace: once per day”. I think we have a tag for it too actually 

1 hour ago, Delicious Steak said:

@L E V I A T H A N

Does the like reaction mean you’re in? xD

I can’t always guarantee my speed, but if I was concise with my posting i suppose it could work. If you run short on players just @ me and I’ll help with some of the setting stuff as we move along. I can’t dedicate as a storyteller yet but I will be here as a resource. I’m familiar with maps and bestiaries etc etc 

29 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

Yup!

Ayyyye I would love to have him partake 🙂

On that note, we still need a storyteller. Supernal recommended that I approach @Jotnotes or @jaistlyn. Would either of you be interested in DM’ing this quest? You can choose to play a character while dming or just be the dm. Either is fine.