Fierach

Interest Check: Grotesquerie Pack (Monster Hunting)

Grotesquerie (Abomination) -

Strange aberrations that haunt the northern landscapes of Patia, these spidery-limbed humanoids are the direct consequences of sorcery gone awry within the citadel of the Black City. Ravenous and terrifying, these Grotesqueries roam the lands ranging from Marlboro Keep to the Day River in small, infrequent bands, descending on unwary travelings to maim and devour. For every soul lost to their predations, the Grotesqueries add a number to their ranks. These monsters are unnatural, and are to be killed on sight. Their bodies must be burned to keep them from reanimating.

A local lord in Patia grows concerned. Rumors abound in his lands of a pack of abominations, larger then any normally known to exist, practicing what seem like rudimentary tactics. 

He puts out the call for adventurers, mercenaries, or fortune-seekers to rid him of this problem. There is a handsome payment, and renown to be earned.

But care should be taken, lest the hunters find themselves the hunted. 

---

This is a medium-length quest of moderate difficult, set in the Wilds of Lagrimosa.

I will be DMing the quest, and am looking for four to five players who can post at least once per week, if not every three days minimum. Combat will be freeform, with dice rolls thrown in where appropriate for chance and flavor.

I will be setting up the thread and point of starting when enough players have joined and are accepted.

Current Questers Are:

@Houndy Poochykins

@Delicious Steak

@Venus Sprite

@Akiris

@Ace

@Dreamer-Noir

Edited by Fierach

2 minutes ago, Roen said:

They were largely inspired by Necromorphs from the Dead Space franchise. 

Yuck, nasty.

Just now, Houndy Poochykins said:

Tsuchiguumo is also a good reference i suppose.

Tsuchiguumo is adorable.

3dad6ea081c44696cb011f12017f64c6.jpg

I’m game. Is Patia under Terran Military protection since it’s located in Lagrimosa?

7 hours ago, Delicious Steak said:

I’m game. Is Patia under Terran Military protection since it’s located in Lagrimosa?

It isn’t. It’s an independent territory 

Welp, this could be rough. I’ve only played the first two Dead Space games. 

But seeing as the Treaty of 597 = exists..... There’s no reason to stop with just Yh’mi. I’m in. 

11 hours ago, Delicious Steak said:

Are these the World of Warcraft ten bodies sewn together abominations? Or is this a different archetype altogether?

Well they COULD sew ten bodies together. But no, they're different.

8 hours ago, Fierach said:

Well they COULD sew ten bodies together. But no, they're different.

I’ll join 😬 Making an entirely new character for it though. I’ll post my sheet when it’s done.

Edit: Decided that I’m not vibing with any new character ideas or themes. Gonna use Jae for this one.

Edited by Delicious Steak