14 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

So I’m guessing I couldn’t be an archangel then ? 

@Ataraxy @vielle 

can I get more on anatomy? Range of powers any neat things I need to know. I’ve read the Demetrius sheets and Vielles and city of angels

I believe you might be able to become an archangel? Gotta check in with Ataraxy first, though. 😁

I've more or less kept it vague since the lore doesn't really mention much about powers and such, but Ardís is essentially an outcast and has lost her wings. 👀 So she's actually powered down from whatever it is the full-powered Ang'eli can do. She has powers over water, though, and she has magic swords. 💖 

@Ripley That'll be cool! Maybe you can check with @Ataraxy on the little details to make Esdel an Ang'eli as well! 😊

Edited by vielle

15 minutes ago, vielle said:

Ardís is essentially an outcast

Wow how fitting! Esdel is also an outcast.

okay I’m going to look into all of this more to establish more of a background for my Dude 

Oh man, thanks for the shout out @vielle!

Truth be told, I'd originally made GNA just as a background for my angel characters but I've actually been preparing to turn it into an area that people can actively roleplay. I was just finishing up Lilith's current arc first haha

So it's really awesome to see people interested in using the Ang'eli species before I even start advertising it! 

1 hour ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

So I’m guessing I couldn’t be an archangel then ? 

@Ataraxy @vielle 

can I get more on anatomy? Range of powers any neat things I need to know. I’ve read the Demetrius sheets and Vielles and city of angels

You definitely could be an archangel if you wanted to! They're sort of like the "nobles" of angel species and have the highest raw power (which they relate to being blessed by the creator). The only note is that being an archangel requires the character to be part of an Archangel clans. Like I said before though, I mainly used GNA as a back story for Titus/ Teresa, so the only already made clan is Demetrius. I'm ears open for any other clans. The clan can be, but doesn't have to be, one of the 5 ruling clans (like Demetrius). 

As for anatomy, Ang'eli have different subspecies which I mentioned a few times in the lore article like Archangels (Povisoko), Wingless, Fallen, Middlings, Seraphim, Hybrids/ Mixed, etc. I'm also more than open to incorporating more subspecies, but those are the main ones I'd thought about. 

The Archangels are the strongest and have more access to the native magic than any other being. They typically have 4-8 wings depending on purity of their blood (ruling clans are most pure). You have Middlings, which have the stereotypical 2 wings. Middlings who have a Blessing (power level) equal to that of the archangels, is called a Seraphim and they can have an extra pair of wings grow because of their unordinary magic prowess (idk why, explanation is open lol). 

The Wingless are basically human. They can exist in two ways: 1 you're born wingless (back have two nubs. scars, etc) or they're clipped. Clipping is when a Middling or Seraphim commit a large crime and can no longer be kept in the Middling. It's something like a death sentence, both legally and religiously. 

The NZ has more than just Ang'eli in it. There are various other species that used to inhabit GNA but lost to the Ang'eli centuries ago. The Mixed/ Hybrids are Ang'eli that are descendant of multiple species and have "tainted" bloodlines. The only thing worse than being considered a Mixed/ Tainted is being a Fallen. A Fallen is an Ang'eli considered to be a traitor to the species and despised by the Creator. It's a contested subject though, because the Fallen were born Archangels. So some Archs fight against the idea that "fallen" even exist and it's the fault of the council for creating them. The Fallen have any wings over 4 clipped and are made to wear gold chains made from the native energy that will limit their access. Sometimes this limitation of access turns the wings black. Then they are sent down to the land dwellers. 

I've also been debating a sub-subspecies of Mixed where they are barely sentient. Sort of like super-low level vampires that only act on their basic impulses but for Angels. I never cemented that though.

I hope that helped! And feel free to ask me any other questions or even come up with backstories connected to Titus and Teresa. 

Oh and, if it helps, last time Teresa exposed her wings, she had 2. But she's kept them hidden (they can fold invisibly to their backs) for a while now and actually disappeared for almost a year. She's a child so they're still growing but she should have 4 now. Emperor Titus had 6, 2 were cut cause he Fell, but he's dead now so.

Edited by Ataraxy

Coolio, thanks for clarifying, Alex!👍 

In the case of Ardís, I was thinking she could be Fallen/cast out for a crime she didn't commit and has lost her wings. She's looking to work out the guilt and grief from the Incident; I'm hoping to lead her down the path to regaining her wings someday. 😁

Just now, Ripley said:

I suppose Esdel couldn’t fall into this category as he is an outcast but still has wings 

Maybe you could write out a backstory that involves a special form of punishment that renders him an outcast but allows him to keep his wings! Or maybe he's a social outcast but not "technically" Fallen. 😁 Many possibilities that can be worked out!

3 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I suppose Esdel couldn’t fall into this category as he is an outcast but still has wings 

It could also be that their mother/ father or both were Fallen and then Esdel was born after. Fallen refers to the Ang'eli and their descendants. 

Could also have been casted out, but by someone sympathetic. Or maybe they ran away right before their wings were clipped?

Well I’m really happy that I found some lore that is suitable for Esdel’s backstory! And I’m thinking this adventure rp will be very interesting.

2 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Well I’m really happy that I found some lore that is suitable for Esdel’s backstory! And I’m thinking this adventure rp will be very interesting.

I'm excited as well. 😍 Is our little group of (potentially) three to your liking, or would you like to look for more players?

I’m good with 3. I think that this is a good amount of us and I think we have some fun characters to work with!