Sign in to follow this  
supernal

Does your crew do heists?

I’m looking for a thief or group of thieves that can get their hands on a certain something

I’ll be involved in the communications with the target and an IC setup of characters for the job but otherwise the mission itself, how it plays out, how much of it you spend doing recon or etc etc etc, will be up to you / your crew. That’s the point of outsourcing! 

If you’re interested drop a line below or send me a PM

Edited by supernal

Unity is a thief. 👀

Since spooky appears to be on eternal hiatus, she is available to be purchased. Her services, I mean.

Shit, that's not helping. I mean your contact can purchase contract time from Ergo Tech to have her do stuff for them.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:16 PM, Sigil Warden said:

Unity is a thief. 👀

Since spooky appears to be on eternal hiatus, she is available to be purchased. Her services, I mean.

Shit, that's not helping. I mean your contact can purchase contract time from Ergo Tech to have her do stuff for them.

Does ergo tech have an info page? One isn’t needed but if there’s publicly available information about them then I can think about how my side my have heard about them or contact them, the contract terms, etc 

Is Unity able to work in scaled down areas where tech may be suppressed?

I don't currently have an info page for them yet because I am lazy. But they're one of the Big 5 companies, so to speak, in Absalom - and a lot of the city's exports likely come from them so the brand would be known outside of the arcology. They manufacture high-quality nerve-interfacing prosthetics and similar technologies as a primary, but much like we see in the present day where Amazon has its hands in every pie you can think of, Ergo Tech also has PMC contracting, etc available. Might have to give one of their offices a visit, though.

As for scaled-down tech, well, that sort of depends on what exactly is suppressed. Unity's weaponry is purely mechanical, so it should function no matter the scenario, but her integrated brain-to-computer wetware shutting off would be... probably very unpleasant in a number of ways. She does still have a limited command of her former magical powers though.

21 minutes ago, Sigil Warden said:

As for scaled-down tech, well, that sort of depends on what exactly is suppressed. Unity's weaponry is purely mechanical, so it should function no matter the scenario, but her integrated brain-to-computer wetware shutting off would be... probably very unpleasant in a number of ways. She does still have a limited command of her former magical powers though.

I'm using this location just as an example so if it turns out to be a place where Unity couldn't properly function and so would not take the job it has no bearing on the job itself, but just to sort of feel things out

There's a place called Orisia and it has the following information in the AMA:

This magic, known as La’Ruta, makes other types of magic act very strange or not work at all. This magic also nullifies what one would consider High Tech. The level of technology that functions in Orisia is not unlike steampunk-type settings, but the people there tend to prefer a simpler lifestyle (think more High Renaissance).

My interpretation is a sword would work here, a revolver or more primitive firearm might, a rocket-propelled grenade probably not (not out of the box anyway). Would Unity be able to carry out a heist in Orisia?

For her wetware I think a strict interpretation would also make her wary of even setting foot in Orisia but my operating assumption for this is a looser interpretation by the BL to allow Unity basic function but not "advanced weapons" (relative to 'steampunk-type settings')