Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

One of the next holidays is Valentine’s Day, so in honor of this I have decided to have a Valentine thread or two.  There are six different areas in Seinaru Forven, and each one will have a lucky winner to a well thought out Valentine date.  The events will be planned, and the theme will be around romance/love.  This does not mean your character has to find love, or get into the romance of the moment.  This is just a normal free event with a Valentine theme.  How your character decides to react in the events will be up to you. 

I have a character that can be the date for every one of the areas, but if enough people are interested I can set up the event and others can enjoy the threads.  I can participate in at least two threads, but no more.  The posting time will be up to the participants.  If in a thread with one of my characters there will be a three day wait before I will be able to post a response. 

This event will only be available until Valentine’s Day, so if the thread has not begun before then it will be closed to new participants.  If the thread is two full pages or more and finished, it will be added to the canon of the area. If you are interested please post your interest in this interest check and add the character you'd like to participate with.  

Here are the dating options:

Dashkanchay

To begin the date in Dashkanchay we will start with a tour of the city in a romantic carriage ride.  This will be a great opportunity to introduce yourself to your date and to set the tone for how you want the event to go.  The carriage will lead you over to a theater where there will be a play to attend and dinner afterward to discuss what you have seen with your date.  The next day the event will include a night at a local museum where you will admire the art, history, and collections. 

Spoiler

Possible date option:  Pearl Song

 

Karmathen

This date will begin with a couple’s tarot reading from a local fae who lives in the area.  It will reveal more about who you are dating as well as your possible futures.  Then you will move toward a paint and sip event, where you will drink wine or spirits while painting a canvas for your date.  It will be a fun activity and you get to take home a souvenir.  The next day you and your date will participate in a Valentine’s sweets contest.  The best tasting concoction will win a prize of gold and the reputation of best chef. 

Spoiler

Possible date option: Jo

 

Lo’Bre

In this event we begin with a poetry reading centered on a love theme.  You could choose to bring your own love poetry or just listen to the poetry of others as you get to know your date.  After that you will make a trip to the Blues Bar, where wonderful music is played and wonderful food to enjoy.  The next day you will be participating in staying overnight at the local haunted hotel, where no one sleeps.  It is a place where people go to see the supernatural, and you might have an opportunity to sooth your date’s fear as you take on the scary other-worldly occupants.

Spoiler

Possible date option: Willow Bright

 

Kinumo

Here you will begin with a game.  This game is a game of clues to escape the room and win.  It is a great way to break the ice and get to know your date.  The next day you will be having a picnic under the tree of knowledge, and the day will end with stargazing with your date. 

Spoiler

Possible date option: Lorial Star

 

Dawic

What better way to get to know your date then to go on a romantic gondola ride?  Enjoy the beautiful sights of the area as you get to know your date.  Later on you will take a tour to see the swamp monster, one of the most famous myths of Dawic.  See if the creature appears for you and your date as a bonding experience.  Then the next day you will be going on a scavenger hunt in the sea caves.  Find all the objects to beat the others playing the game and win a trophy. 

Spoiler

Possible date option: Immie Gladstone

 

Eneraith

Climb the black mountains of Eneraith, which will be full of obstacles.  When you reach the top you and your date will be rewarded with a spa day in the famous hot springs.  The next day there will be a bonfire to celebrate the romantic holiday, and Wyvern rides will be given to those interested in soaring in the darkened skies by the full moon. 

Spoiler

Possible date option: Shaym

 

 

Edited by Mickey Flash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mickey Flash said:

 

One of the next holidays is Valentine’s Day, so in honor of this I have decided to have a Valentine thread or two.  There are six different areas in Seinaru Forven, and each one will have a lucky winner to a well thought out Valentine date.  The events will be planned, and the theme will be around romance/love.  This does not mean your character has to find love, or get into the romance of the moment.  This is just a normal free event with a Valentine theme.  How your character decides to react in the events will be up to you. 

I have a character that can be the date for every one of the areas, but if enough people are interested I can set up the event and others can enjoy the threads.  I can participate in at least two threads, but no more.  The posting time will be up to the participants.  If in a thread with one of my characters there will be a three day wait before I will be able to post a response. 

This event will only be available until Valentine’s Day, so if the thread has not begun before then it will be closed to new participants.  If the thread is two full pages or more and finished, it will be added to the canon of the area. If you are interested please post your interest in this interest check and add the character you'd like to participate with.  

Here are the dating options:

Dashkanchay

To begin the date in Dashkanchay we will start with a tour of the city in a romantic carriage ride.  This will be a great opportunity to introduce yourself to your date and to set the tone for how you want the event to go.  The carriage will lead you over to a theater where there will be a play to attend and dinner afterward to discuss what you have seen with your date.  The next day the event will include a night at a local museum where you will admire the art, history, and collections. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Possible date option:  Pearl Song

 

Karmathen

This date will begin with a couple’s tarot reading from a local fae who lives in the area.  It will reveal more about who you are dating as well as your possible futures.  Then you will move toward a paint and sip event, where you will drink wine or spirits while painting a canvas for your date.  It will be a fun activity and you get to take home a souvenir.  The next day you and your date will participate in a Valentine’s sweets contest.  The best tasting concoction will win a prize of gold and the reputation of best chef. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Possible date option: Jo

 

Lo’Bre

In this event we begin with a poetry reading centered on a love theme.  You could choose to bring your own love poetry or just listen to the poetry of others as you get to know your date.  After that you will make a trip to the Blues Bar, where wonderful music is played and wonderful food to enjoy.  The next day you will be participating in staying overnight at the local haunted hotel, where no one sleeps.  It is a place where people go to see the supernatural, and you might have an opportunity to sooth your date’s fear as you take on the scary other-worldly occupants.

  Reveal hidden contents

Possible date option: Willow Bright

 

Kinomu

Here you will begin with a game.  This game is a game of clues to escape the room and win.  It is a great way to break the ice and get to know your date.  The next day you will be having a picnic under the tree of knowledge, and the day will end with stargazing with your date. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Possible date option: Lorial Star

 

Dawic

What better way to get to know your date then to go on a romantic gondola ride?  Enjoy the beautiful sights of the area as you get to know your date.  Later on you will take a tour to see the swamp monster, one of the most famous myths of Dawic.  See if the creature appears for you and your date as a bonding experience.  Then the next day you will be going on a scavenger hunt in the sea caves.  Find all the objects to beat the others playing the game and win a trophy. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Possible date option: Immie Gladstone

 

Eneraith

Climb the black mountains of Eneraith, which will be full of obstacles.  When you reach the top you and your date will be rewarded with a spa day in the famous hot springs.  The next day there will be a bonfire to celebrate the romantic holiday, and Wyvern rides will be given to those interested in soaring in the darkened skies by the full moon. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Possible date option: Shaym

 

 

Sounds like the kind event which would see Dauner flirting tons around a girl (not actually looking for a romantic interest/partner (yet))

I'd like to add Dauner's participation as a tentative one for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mickey Flash said:

Kinomu

Here you will begin with a game.  This game is a game of clues to escape the room and win.  It is a great way to break the ice and get to know your date.  The next day you will be having a picnic under the tree of knowledge, and the day will end with stargazing with your date. 

I'm intrigued by the escape room part of this. Do you already have puzzles planned or is it up to the thread participants to make up the puzzles their characters have to solve to escape?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Csl said:

I'm intrigued by the escape room part of this. Do you already have puzzles planned or is it up to the thread participants to make up the puzzles their characters have to solve to escape?

I thought about that, and I actually have been researching some different escape room scenarios to see if it would fit in a RP type thread.  The big difference is that escape rooms have a specific time limit (usually an hour) to figure out the answers.  Therefore the puzzles are usually simplistic to allow only a short amount of time to go by solving the puzzle before moving on.  Also there is a lot of just looking through things, like inside clothing and under tables, that might not be properly represented in a thread.  The puzzles are usually half word puzzles/number puzzles and half hidden objects.  There might be a few props (keys for locks, mirrors, magnifying glass, jigsaw puzzle pieces) and they are a large part of what makes an escape room fun.  If I created puzzles for the participants I'd almost have to GM the thread.  I'd rather not have to do that, though I thought it'd be nice to add a picture of what the room will look like and some coded word puzzles for the RPers to figure out (they'd probably be pretty simple).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, notmuch_23 said:

I'm intrigued just to see if there is a woman other than Aveline thst can stand being around Thurgood Singlance for mote than two hours.

Nah. Can't see that happening *shakes head*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Houndy Poochykins said:

I don't know if I have any Characters that would do this unless tricked into it lol. But I wanna... Lol

I was going to set it up as a won prize from Seinaru Forven.  A way to celebrate Valentines as well as advertise the area as a friendly beautiful place.  Your character doesn’t have to look at it as a blind date, but as a free weekend getaway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I want in. Will this be an opportunity for our characters to date other people's characters? I'd be up for that!

Although the character I plan to use might not be one that's easy on the eyes 🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 500bees said:

Oh I want in. Will this be an opportunity for our characters to date other people's characters? I'd be up for that!

Although the character I plan to use might not be one that's easy on the eyes 🤭

This could be a dating opportunity for the characters, although it is not required.  There will be a weekend getaway where your character will be partnered with another.  If the characters do not get along, make a new friend, start a budding romance, or create a new enemy is entirely up to you and your writing partner.  For me, I follow along with the nature of my character, and it's like my character makes up their own mind without much influence from me.  

Not all of my characters are beauty queens either, though I am using attractive, single characters for the possible options in the areas.  They may be pleasing to the eye, but they all have their own inner issues to overcome that may not be very attractive at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'll start getting the names of all those who are participating and add them to the first post.  I'm thinking of putting all the names in a hat and drawing them, unless there are some that particularly want to be partnered together? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...