Velindrel

[Closed to Evil] Act 1

Exile nodded over to Velindrel knowingly as he walked over to the table, watching the master of the forge teach him a good skill to have. Listening, and concentrating at the task of hand Exile made his mind focus on what was going on, feeling inspired to learn more about the craft of smithing, he follow through. Exile talked very little as he listened to what Velindrel would teach him about maintaining the sharpness of his claws, noting everything. As he learned, he picked up with the tools to better maintain the proper thickness of his claws blades carefully.

As the two worked together Exile learned at a pretty good rate other than the few novice mistakes that were common. Exile, and Velindrel worked diligently on the claws until they were finished, and finely tuned to be combat ready. Exile didn't mind the workout he was getting by working the forge, he relished it to continue on at this pace. Slowly, but surely Exile finished his first lessons in blacksmithing by learning how to upkeep his weapons, admittedly stolen by Exile himself.

At certain moments during the procedure Exile glanced over at the sword that was charging from some sort of stasis field. Exile felt compelled to ask what Velindrel was creating here, however something inside him said it would be worth it upon completion. Shrugging off the curiosity, Exile continued maintaining the claws until the job was completed. Exile sweat off the extra work without a complaint, the warmth of the forge was to his his liking. 

"I want to thank you for teaching me how to do this, that sword looks amazing by the way. Whatever you need done around here, I would be more than happy to help out with, no questions asked."

Velindrel teaches by example.

The clawed weapons sit on the work table in a fully repaired state a time later.  The one Velly worked on has a notable glow to it.  He'd used some of his power to augment the weapon.  Once both of the weapons were service....He looks at the handiwork for a moment.  "Ye's craft is a little rough around the edges."  He says with a chuckle.  "Nothing that time and practice won't resolve.  Ye has a knack for this lad."  He nods with approval.  

"I spoke to some of my team at the Lancy forge."  He explains.  "Later this week we can begin construction of your airship."  He explains.  "She'll be a stout thing, quite fast, but we shalt get it done."  He explains to Exile.

"We canst both take a break here."  Velindrel said, he'd been working non stop for half a day...he was due a break.  He looks at Exile calmly.  "Once ye's sword is ready I'll have ye test it in the work area outside to make sure the comfort and feeling of everything works well.  I took the liberties of adjusting ye's sword to your measurements."  He explained, hinting at just how smart he actually was.

"Things like reach and grip should be adjusted on the go, but hopefully the weight of the sword is perfectly spot on."  He explains.  "I was thinking of ye's build and worked it all from that.  The weight of the sword and making it as aerodynamic as possible is what is important for functionality ye see.  Otherwise what's the point if a sword be too heavy lad."  He chuckles at that comment.

He places his hand kindly on Exile's shoulder for a moment.  "Come on lad.  Let's go grab a nice lunch.  An apprentice of mine should have a good meal in his stomach always."  He grins.

Exile felt a little strange just then, but shrugged it off as nothing too bad, "Aye sorry about that, I am new to this, and was a little distracted by something in my head." Exile rubbed the back of his head as he inspected his claws work carefully - knowing it was a little rough but functional gave him hope. Looking over to Velindrel he nodded and took what the older gentlemen had to say to him as he shrugged off his greenhorn attitude. Exile focused on the edges of his claws as he scrutinized his own work freely lifting, and looking over each one.

Exile judged his own work to be that of a greenhorn, and silently scolded himself for being such a novice to the task at hand. Letting it go, Exile listened to Velindrel again as he was surprised to find out that the Blacksmith was apparently competent as an Engineer, "What other talents do you have Velindrel?" Walking with him, Exile noted earlier on his break bounty posters, and wondered about going out to earn coin. Exile knew he probably wouldn't be the only one who did, still it never hurt to ask. 

Slowly Exile came around to asking about the bounty posters as they ate, not wanting to interrupt dining in the least, "I saw some bounty posters flying around town today, was thinking of earning some extra money while we build the Airship." Exile had never tried his hand to Engineering, but was actually quite ready to try his hand at it, despite just being a simple refugee. As he finished his meal he simply listened to whatever Velindrel had to say, seeing it as a learning opportunity.

Rather than make any trouble for his new friend, Exile saw this as a time to learn everything he could about blacksmithing, and engineering. Seemed only apt that he should hold up here with Velindrel for a while, might lead to something remarkable along the way. As he cleaned up from his meal, he gave silent thanks to Velindrel, and his hospitality with a curt nod. Wandering outside, Exile excused himself taking a jog on the outside to improve his cardio, and get some exercise.