supernal

Announcement discussion: sunset and sunrise

16 hours ago, Narcissa said:

Wow, if you're gonna call me out like that, at least tag me.

Well, these are the kind of people who want you to come over and contribute to their new playground. 

@Csl

I’m done roleplaying. This isn’t worth it. In a way I’m happy that supernal is shutting the site down. Now I can bounce without personally breaking any commitments I made to the few RPs I was in. 

4 hours ago, Akiris said:

@Csl

I’m done roleplaying. This isn’t worth it. In a way I’m happy that supernal is shutting the site down. Now I can bounce without personally breaking any commitments I made to the few RPs I was in. 

Why the tag? I wasn't addressing my last post here to you, I just had a talk with Narcissa about her PGRP concerns and halfway through I realized she hadn't read the migrant guide - it cleared up things for her and it was really nice to talk about our shared views on what defines good roleplay game management,. It's possible other people had the same experience so I thought the reminder was apt.

Again, I'm not here to convince anyone who's made up their mind about not joining PGRP. People have the freedom to choose what they want to do with their lives and all that. But it's good to hear you're personally taking the Val sunset as a positive thing in the end, not all goodbyes have to be sad or angry. May your non-rp endeavors go well, wherever they may be. 👌

As with a few other people who've (politely and civilly) raised concerns and/or points of confusion about the new site, I'd be happy to chat and maybe help explain things or clear things up ☺️

On 3/20/2021 at 1:18 AM, Narcissa said:

Wow, if you're gonna call me out like that, at least tag me.

I actually took a minute to peruse this entire thread and I still can't figure out how what I said pertains to you. But here's that tag you wanted!

On 3/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, Akiris said:

Biggest issue? It looks like a decent amount of people already bled away. That’s not a me problem and no amount of shouting hype at me is going to change that. 

Maybe this isn't a you problem, but it isn't an 'us' problem either. We intentionally ran this switch and tightened up the rules of what can and can't be considered canon, then left the rest for everyone to continue doing in Emergents! Like @Vansin said, it's not that hard to take your desired material and rehash it on PG. Those who don't are just lazy, and those who don't AND just keep complaining about it? Whew, idk man lol

On 3/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, Akiris said:

Ive been here long enough to see forums merged and there really didn’t seem to be any issues. But that’s not really what’s happening here. I clicked expecting a new project and what I found were the chosen cannon Val port overs. True, there’s a process to submit your settings for remnant status but contemplating submitting it and it not making the cut when others did has to be stress inducing. 

Who do you think merged these forums? How do you know there weren't any issues? Do you think a magical forum fairy just snaps her fingers and all these wonderful changes and additions to the site get added? There has to be a starting point with canon somewhere. We as leaders were interested in starting the building process over because building is fun. You're too close-minded to see that people can 'port over' almost any of their own material they want.

23 hours ago, Akiris said:

Well, these are the kind of people who want you to come over and contribute to their new playground. 

@Csl

Then what even is this? You really, really are just hell-bent on complaining, and it's hilarious. That's why you get the memes.