Sign in to follow this  
The Shaman

Why Hello There.

'Sup Valucre...i...ans? Valucrians? Valucr-- To hell with it.

Bunch of Gaians sent me to this place. Jeff Hart, Sin Malkeiri/Kinslayer/Somethin'... Williams Wallace I think his account name might be, Roen Jaeger.. etc.

So I'm checkin' it out. I looked at this site a couple weeks back durin' the ''Gaian Invasion'' or whatever it was. My experience is cross-site wars don't really do that well, so I didn't participate.

So, a little 'bout myself to bore you. I've been roleplaying for just short of 14 years. My online roleplaying experience began on WinMX, where I learned most of everything I know.. T1, T2, PC, MP, etc. Moved to Gaia around... say.. 2005 or 2006.. had an account there for a long time which I never used until the WinMX ''invasion'' of Gaia, when a buddy requested I help out the other WinMXers. Even then, I didn't really do much. I enjoy war in RP.. just not badly planned ones.

Since then I've RP'd on Ares, another p2p network like WinMX, Nsider/RPGN, Xat, and a couple other places with no significant content from myself, like Ayonee (or whatever it's called) and Yahoo!

I'm in to all sorts of crap.. video games, movies, manga, music.. and generally I like almost every genre of those four. I'm single, tall and handsome, and like walks along the beach. ;)

Well, HI!

Oh, I did have a question. I read the rules in case I get enough time to start roleplaying here.. and I wanted to inquire on the list of powers not allowed, specifically Space-Time manipulation. I can totally understand why that wouldn't be allowed, but are exceptions made? I don't plan on ever trying to use space-time manipulation here.. but I have made characters who manipulate space and/or time on a level that I could consider within the mild powers range. Is that something that is just disallowed period.. or would some judges be willing to look it over and make a decision?

Again, not a big deal to me.. I'm just curious.

Hi back.

If you feel that you can use your characters' powers within the boundaries we've set, then my suggestion is to use your best judgment. It only becomes a problem when you try to use such powers in a manner that disrespects the setting or other players.

We don't go looking into every single thread to make sure there aren't rule violations, but if someone complains then you're doing it wrong anyway.

Makes sense. I dunno. I run a guild on Gaia, and I have almost no power restrictions.. I just restrict how they're used. I allow time manipulation, but don't allow people to reverse time to avoid dying, that sorta thing. I'll allow ''Encore'' type moves, where a previous section of time and space is repeated, such as a sword slash... or someone calling in their ''future'' self (say from 10 minutes later) to assist in battle for a few moments.. at the cost of being forced to follow the timestream (in that if the future one gets stabbed.. the character is doomed to die without the intervention of some seriously heavy outside magic).

So, I was just curious. Thanks =)