Sign in to follow this  
Cordeliane

A place to call home.

He liked the night and the stars, there was something peaceful about it, something that spoke to him, made him miss his home and family less. He was a long way from home with no way to get back to his Family, his sister was wandering the lands somewhere, he was sure, as they had come to this world together. If he wanted to he could find out where she was and go to her, but that just made the home sickness worse. He sighed softly and leaned against a tree looking up at the stars in the night sky.

Finvarra, smiled to himself as lonely as he was for his home and family, it was also nice to be away from those who broke his heart, here he did not have to see them or think of them at all. He sighed softly as a cool breeze blew through his multi colored hair, his ice blue eyes closing as a smile played across his lips. He could make a home here; He would like to find a place to fit in, to belong for as long as he was stuck in this strange world where his portal magic acted funny sometimes.

Finvarra was just glad he had his favourite things with him, he reached out and patted the bag beside him in the grass, it was black in color much like his clothing, Finvarra named after a Faerie King his mother had befriended in her youth, loved black, he wore a black silk shirt and leather pants with black leather boots. It was a contrast to his lightly tanned skin, and made his strange hair stand out more. Finvarra had unusual coloring, he had ice blue eyes with brown hair and his bangs were blonde in color. He was lightly tanned, but not too much, He could get no darker than he was. He was after all half vampire, and even though he could walk in the sun, and tan he still could not look fully human, and darken like they do.

Fin as he sat there looking up at the stars as if he did not have a care in the world wondered where he was going to sleep this night, He was getting tired of sleeping at Inn’s or under the stars, he wanted to find a place to call home. To find his own little place in the world and live life to its fullest. As he thought those things his stomach let out a growl.

Finvarra flushed at the noise of his stomach, He did not need to eat in reality, nor did he need to drink blood like his kind usually did, but he had been eating human food lately, and so his body was craving such a thing at this moment. Grumbling softly to himself he began rooting through his bag to see what he had in there food wise, if he could he would avoid going to town and spending more money, he seemed to over indulge when he ate the food there. Finding an apple be began munching on it as he pushed to his feet and began walking once again, he needed to find a place to sleep, he was getting tired and the stars were beginning to fade from the sky. Even though he could day walk and did he did not want to see the sun this day.

Whisper sat on the cool grass in a meadow just outside of the forest and not that far away from her village. This was her favorite spot to come to at night. The moon looked so big and bright in this meadow. It looked almost as if you could just reach out your hand and touch it. She loved the moon. She spent a lot of time out in the sun, but moon and star light was her favorite. It was just so beautiful and romantic.

A soft breeze blew through the meadow, blowing through the now sleeping flowers, and through her long white hair that she had in up in a high ponytail. Her bangs blew across her gentle face. She gazed up at the stars as they were beginning to fade. Morning would be here soon and if she didn’t get back home her father would send Rayvn after her. She smiled at the thought of Rayvn. He was her best friend they grew up together. She considered him a bother. He was always looking out for her and making sure she stayed out of trouble.

Whisper looked towards the woods and noticed a group of small forest animal’s rushing to her. They all crowed around her as if they were scared of something. She picked up a bunny and petted it gently and held it eye level to hers. Her eyes held two colors the outer color was purple and the inner color around the iris was a bright sea blue and her eyes looked as if there was star dust in them, so that they shined and shimmered even when light wasn’t hitting them. Her voice was calming, soft, and majestic as she spoke to it.

“[COLOR=cyan]Tell me what is wrong little one?[/COLOR]”

The bunny spoke of a predator that was in the forest that even the larger animals feared. This troubled her. What could be so frightening that even the larger animals of the forest would not go near? At first she thought of going to get Rayvn, but then decided she would go check it out herself and if it was something too dangerous she would call for him or send animal messenger.

“[COLOR=cyan]Can you take me to this predator?[/COLOR]”

The bunny shivered a bit in fear but then looked to her then nodded.

“[COLOR=cyan]Thank you little one and don’t worry no harm will come to you.[/COLOR]”

She sat the bunny back down on the ground. She stood up and brushed off her short silk skirt that was white as her hair. It lay over her slender hips like it was water just gently flowing with her as she moved. She wore its matching tube top that hugged her firm round breasts. Both the top and the skirt had gold rings in the back.

She followed the bunny through the woods till she saw a figure walking and looked to be eating an apple. Her movements were silent as she moved to get a better at this person. She was curious as to what they were doing here. Maybe going to the next town, but that was many miles away. She tried to get a sense of what they were feeling but they were blocked. She found this odd. There were not many who could block their feelings and emotions. She could tell that the person was male. She did not know if they were human or not. She was pretty sure that they were not an elf like she was. He hair was interesting in the back was drown and the front looked to be blond. She moved so she could get a better look at him. When she got to where she could see his face. Her heart stopped. He was stunning and breathe taking. She stood there behind a tree just watching him as he moved. She was never one to stair or check out men, but there was something about this one she just couldn’t take her eyes off him. What was it about him that scared the animals so? Edited by Shadow

Finvarra new the moment he was not alone any longer, he felt the curiosity, and then the surprize that followed it. He walked for a few more moments minding his own business, but the feeling of being watched bothered him. He would stop in his tracks and sigh softly raking his hands through his hair, the apple in his mouth held there by his fangs. Finvarra was easy going and once the animals in an area got use to him they no longer feared him, but he was new to the area and so they scented him as a predator, one far more dangerous than a human hunter, and they were right given the fact he was half Vampire. Animals Knew vampires when they smelled them, even Fin had that scent although he did not drink blood like most of his kind.

Fin pulled the apple from his mouth and rubbed his ice blue eyes with the back of his free hand as he stood there looking around but making it seem as if he was not. He would just munch on the apple as if nothing was wrong other than he was trying to decide which direction to go. In reality he was trying to figure out exactly where the feelings he was picking up were coming from, he had a general Idea but he could not pin point it like he normally could, which told him one of two things, his watcher was either an empathy like him and could block herself and was partially blocked, or the person had natural barriers to their emotions, He had only encountered a few being who had natural barriers, how he had enjoyed their company.

Growing bored with the game of hide and seek, Fin spoke out his voice deep and rich, his whole posture oozing a charm that worked on both males and females “[COLOR="black"]Come out, I know you are there, I can feel what you do[/COLOR].” Fin then took a sniff of the air and started towards her hiding spot, he could scent her as all vampires could scent those with pumping blood, if he listened carefully he could if he wanted to hear her heart beating another advantage of being part vampire, but he did not he just used it to find out what she was. Elves did not have the same scent as humans or other humanoid beings “[COLOR="black"]Come on out Elf I will not hurt you[/COLOR]”

Whisper watched him and he seemed to be no threat, at least not yet anyway. She felt no need to call for Ravyn. When the man spoke it startled her causing her to step back. A twig snapped under her dainty bare foot. She gave a slight gasp under her breath and looked to the stranger. She started backing away slowly hopping he hadn’t spotted her yet.

There was a gap in the trees where the moon light would shine through. She was too busy keeping an eye on the stranger and she didn’t notice stepping into the small clearing. The moon light would shine down on her illuminating her long flowing white hair and would make her purple and blue eyes glimmer. This was why she wasn’t a hunter. If her hair didn’t give her away her eyes did, or she would do something to give away her location. She looked around for a place to hide but it was too late he would have already have seen her. So she would sigh and wait for him to approach.

When/if he approached she would look into his striking ice blue eyes, thinking them lovely. She would be a little frightened of him but also curious at the same time.

He had not needed the snapping twig to find her as he has scented her and was already heading in her direction, the twig just made it easier. He followed her movements as if stalking her like prey. He was doing it to see what she would do; when she just stood there in a small clearing waiting for him he smiled his fangs flashing some. It was a charming smile, one that made men and women melt. Finvarra oozed charm.

His ice blue eyes were friendly as they looked her over. She was pretty but that is not what made his breath hiss out softly. It was her eyes which were the reverse of his mother’s eyes in coloring. It made him long for home and his mother. He kept his feeling tight to himself not letting her feel the home sickness and the loneliness he was feeling at the moment.

“[COLOR="black"]Hello[/COLOR]” Was all he said to her as he stood there seemingly uninterested in her as a woman. And it was true he had been hurt to many times by both men and women for him to show the slightest interest in one. He just looked at the elven girl and waited for her to introduce herself to him.

Whisper would smile back at him. She did have to hand it to him he was charming. She noticed the fangs and that answered her question as to why the animals were afraid of him.

She noticed something had bothered him as he looked at her. She couldn’t feel his emotions so she couldn’t tell what he was feeling.

She gave him a friendly smile.

“[COLOR="cyan"]Hello[/COLOR]”

Her voice was just like when she spoke to the bunny. It was calming, soft, and majestic.

“[COLOR="cyan"]My name is Whisper Ushido. Might I ask your name and ask where you are headed?[/COLOR]”

Finvarra smiled at her and gave her a bow, his eyes never leaving hers. He had never seen eyes like that on anybody but his mother. He sighed softly and winked at her as he stood back up. His voice softly and charming as the rest of him “[COLOR="black"]I am Finvarra Lexiss- Papillion, and I am heading nowhere, I am just looking for a place to sleep the day away[/COLOR]”

He would confuse her a bit as she looked him over, he was tanned a light golden brown not to dark but enough, yet he had the fangs of a vampire, even day walkers did not tan, Fin was not just any Vampire breed not that she would have encountered many of his kind. Fin was demi god; he had immortality on his side as well as all the advantages of being a god which negated most of the ill effects of being a vampire. The only trouble was if he wanted the vampire speed and strength he has to feed like a vampire does, which is not something he has ever done willingly.

Finvarra dug through his pack and pulled out another apple holding it out to her as he munched on his. It was after all impolite to eat and not offer food to the company. It was another thing that would through her off, most vampires even the ones that could did not eat human food like Fin did; Fin loved the stuff and can pack it away like it is air.

Whisper smiled as he bowed and winked. He sure did know how to lay on the charm. She looked at him trying to understand what he was. She thought him to be a vampire but his skin was not that of a vampire’s and he was eating food. It just didn’t add up and had her very confused. She wanted to just ask “what are you” but found that very rude so she would keep her question to herself and hope maybe she would figure it out, but he highly doubted that.

She smiled and accepted the apple he offered her.

“[COLOR="cyan"]Thank you and it is a pleasure to meet you Finvarra. I you require a place to stay for the night, you are welcome to come to my village… but we are going to have to be very quiet. I am not really supposed to be out at night but I sneak out anyways, so if you just kept this quiet I would really appreciate it.[/COLOR]”

She would wait to see if he accepted her offer before taking him to the village.

Finvarra gave her a soft smile as he finished his apple. He tossed the core away knowing it would get eaten by one of the forest animals after his scent faded from it. He was not concerned as he looked her over and wondered why she would offer a stranger a place to stay. It was something he would do himself, but then he was a prince, and he could eject somebody from the two castles of his parents if they caused trouble by simply revoking their permission to enter the domain.

“[COLOR="black"]Thank you I would much enjoy the use of your village, I am far from home[/COLOR]” he would not elaborate on that comment as he offered his arm to her so they could walk to her village together. He would have offered to portal them there but with that magic acting funny on him right now he was not going to risk it with her they could end up anywhere.

“[COLOR="black"]Come let us get you home before you get yourself into trouble. But How are you going to explain my sudden appearance?” [/COLOR]there was laughter in his voice a lightness to it, that spoke of an easy going guy who just seemed to go where life took him without complaint. He waited for her to take his offered arm and winked at her. It would be fun to see where they were headed and what the elven people thought of him. He liked elves, maybe a little too much, unlike his sister who hated them.

Whisper hadn’t taken a bit of her apple yet. She would save it for later. She smiled back at him as he smiled to her. She did not pry when he did not say more on the being away from home. She smiled to him and took his arm as he offered it. She laughed lightly as he asked about her explaining him to her people.

“[COLOR="cyan"]Oh I already know I am in trouble. You know I haven’t thought about how they would react to you. Hmmm this is going to be tricky. I guess we are going to have to just hope for the best.[/COLOR]”

She would lead him out of the woods, across the open meadow she had been sitting in earlier, then across a shallow brook that lead into a small patch of forest, and as they passed through the forest they would be on a hill and the village could be seen below. The village was a good size. It wasn’t very large, but you couldn’t call it small either. She smiled at Finvarra.

“[COLOR="cyan"]Well this is my village. Now we just have to get you inside.[/COLOR]”

She would think for a bit while she looked around and gazed down at the village, wondering where would be the best place to sneak in at. She knew the moment they got about half way down the hill the dogs of the hunters would be able to smell them, but if they ran for it they might be able to get to her home before they got there, but the problem was they would track his scent to her home. She sighed in a little bit of frustration.

“[COLOR="cyan"]Alright we are going to have to make a run for it. You see that house there in the middle of the village? It is the only home in the village that has an upper level other than the chieftain’s home. I guess you could call my father the shaman of the village, the reason why we have a bigger home like the chief and his family. We have to go in through the upper level window. That is my room.[/COLOR]”

She would take a deep breath and smiled. She found this kind of fun and exciting in a way, or at least for now. She knew it wasn’t going to be much fun when she had to explain to her father, Ravyn, the hunters, and the chief why she brought a vampire into the village. Yeah she wasn’t looking forward to that part, but the sneaking in and trying not to get caught part that just had a thrill to it. She looked at Finvarra and gave him a smile one that spoke in volumes that she found this exhilarating. She had a feeling he could pick up what she felt anyways. That maybe he was an empath just like her and Ravyn. Ravyn couldn’t always tell what she was feeling. She never tried blocking. It was just something that happened. Now Ravyn she could almost never tell his feelings by trying to read them. She didn’t need read his feelings because she knew him like the back of her hand already. She knew what he was feeling just by looking at him but when she did try majority of the time she couldn’t pick up anything.

“[COLOR="cyan"]You ready?[/COLOR]”

Fin gave s oft chuckle as they walked, he was paying attention mostly to her, she was a pretty girl, but he was not interested in romance at the moment, he had been hurt one time to many for him to open himself up to such pain again, but it would not hurt to flirt with the girl a bit. So as they walked he would brush his arm ‘accidently’ against the curve of her breast.

He stood with her at the crest of the hill looking down towards the village and smiled. It reminded him of the village not too far from his father’s castle, his mother live in a castle in the middle of the forest with nobody around, while his father had a village close by, once he frequented for fun. [COLOR="black"]“it reminds me of home[/COLOR]” The was a slight longing in his voice as he said the word home, one she would not be able to miss.

He chuckled as if the longing for home was gone, as she spoke of sneaking in and making a run for it. He was good at sneaking, he had lost his father’s elite guards all the time, but then again it is not hard to lose somebody you can feel resents having to watch over you all the time. As she spoke he took the pack from his back and moved it to the front of him, and turned his back to her.

“[COLOR="black"]Hop on it will be much quicker if I run us down and we are less likely to be seen if we are one not two[/COLOR].” He smiled over his shoulder at her and waited to see what she would do. He could feel her sense of excitement and exhilaration over the adventure they were having and it pleased him some. He liked the girl’s spirit and would like to get to know her better. And maybe just maybe he could call this place home.

She would nudge her arm against Fin and laugh lightly as his arm ‘accidently’ brushed against her. She was going to have a lot of fun with him she could tell. Ravyn was always such a stick in the mud. He knew how to have fun, but if he found it dangerous for her or thought she would get into trouble he would always try and stop her, but she just had to give him puppy dog eyes and pooch out her lips and he would cave in. She had him wrapped around her little finger.

She would hear the longing in his voice for home. She would look to him and give him a comforting smile. She never been away from home and sometimes wanted to get away, but she knew she would miss it if she left. If he stayed long enough and she could talk her people into letting him stay. She would make sure he enjoyed his time here until he left that is if he ever did. Who knows maybe he would like it here and want to stay, she could always use a friend that like to get into as much trouble as she dose. It sure would keep Ravyn on his toes.

She looked at him and smiled as he told her to hop on his back. She would give a small chuckle and clime on, her hands holding onto his shoulders.

Sure enough she was right about the dogs picking up his scent. By the time they got half way down the hill the dogs began barking and howling. When they got to her house Ravyn would be sitting on the roof next to her bedroom window. His eyes were closed and her arms and legs were crossed. You could see the muscles in his arms and legs. He wore a sheer silk white shirt, so you could see his naturally tanned muscled chest and abs. He also wore black leather pants that clung tight to his long legs and firm buttocks. His shoulder length dark brown hair cascaded around his handsome face, blowing slightly in the gentle breeze as he had his head tilted down. He looked liked he was sleeping, but Whisper knew better. Without looking at them his spoke to them in his deep rough voice.

“[COLOR="royalblue"]Whisper you going to explain your friend to me?[/COLOR]”

He looked up at them with his honey brown eyes and the look in them was not friendly. Whisper looked to Fin with a look that said “uh o we in trouble”. She looked back at Ravyn and gave him a “yeah I know I am caught” kind of smile.

“[COLOR="cyan"]Hey Ravyn, how about letting us get inside then you can yell at me all you want okay.[/COLOR]”

Ravyn glared at her but nodded his head to her window as he held it open for them.

Fin would caress her legs as he brought them around his waist and held them as he ran. He was much faster than even an elf with his vampire speed and strength. He did not seem to care when they were scented just kept running almost a blur until they stopped outside of her home. He looked up at the man on the roof by her window and chuckled softly as she was asked about him. Finvarra took in his appearance and smiled that charming melt butter smile that both men and women swooned for.

Fin met his honey brown eyes with ice blue ones that twinkled in amusement. “[COLOR="black"]I am Prince Finvarra Lexiss-Papillion of the Papillion Kingdom not of this world[/COLOR].” He gave a soft Bow as he released Whisper and set her on the ground, his hands once again running along her legs in a soft caress.

As Ravyn, held open the window the dogs with their hunter showed up. The dogs immediately stopped barking and whimpered shrinking back from Fin, heads down ears flat tails between their legs, obviously in fear of him although he had not done anything not even looked at them. The Hunter seeing the dog’s reaction to the male glowered at Whisper; there was only one thing that made his dogs react like that, Vampires. “[COLOR="seagreen"]You have done it this time Whisper, bringing a Vampire into the midst of our town[/COLOR]” He hunter sound very angry and unhappy with Whisper as if it were not the first time she had brought something or someone into town that she shouldn’t have.

Whisper softly giggled as Fin caressed her legs. She would rest her cheek on his shoulder her nose and mouth close to his neck and breathe in his scent. She made an mmmm sound to let him know she liked it. She looked back up in front of them as the sped along. She wanted to scream out in excitement. She had and could never move this fast. It was so thrilling. She felt so free and wanted nothing more than to just tell him to keep running.

Ravyn squirmed under Fin’s gaze. It made him feel unease and he look away from him and looked to Whisper, but was back to glaring at Fin when he caressed Whisper’s legs when he let her down.

Whisper looked at Finvarra and opened her mouth in shock when he introduced himself to Ravyn as Prince. She would smile at him as he caressed her legs again as he let her down. Then she would go to lightly punched him in the arm.

“[COLOR="cyan"]You couldn’t have told me you were a prince.[/COLOR]”

She lightly laughed, but the laughing quickly stopped as she looked at Ravyn. He looked mad more so that he usually was when she ran off at night. She didn’t like it when he was mad, even though he was really cute when he was. She stayed behind Fin hiding behind him only peeking out to look at Ravyn. She would quickly turn around and look behind her as the hunter’s and their dogs appeared. Ravyn gracefully jumped down from the roof to land next to Finvarra and Whisper. He would grab Whisper’s arm and mover her behind him, as if he was protecting her. He looked to Fin for a moment as the hunter called him a vampire. He would let it go for now until this was taken care of. Whisper went to move out from behind Ravyn to defend herself but Ravyn held out his arm to keep her from moving and to keep her mouth shut. He spoke to the hunter.

“[COLOR="royalblue"]Hold your tongue hunter! You dare speak to the shaman’s daughter that way! What if I told my father the chief that you spoke to someone of higher rank than you that way? What do you think he would say?[/COLOR]”

He would hold up his hand to keep the hunter from speaking.

“[COLOR="royalblue"]I will deal with Whisper and the vampire. If he proves to be a threat he will be dealt with but seeing how Whisper came back with him unharmed it is needless to say he means no harm for now. Now get back to your post![/COLOR]”

Finvarra chuckled softly at the way Ravyn looked at him and seemed to shift uncomfortably at his gaze that was until he caressed Whispers leg, then he got angry, so the male liked her as more than the friend she seemed to think him as, he could have much fun with this.

“[COLOR="black"]I could have, but what would have been the fun in that[/COLOR]?” He chuckled more in replay to her light punch and question. Finvarra enjoy having fun and surprizing people. He took after his mum’s best friend the Faerie King he was named for Finvarra.

When Ravyn jumped down and pulled Whisper behind him he turned and faced the hunter his eyes dark with displeasure, Finvarra was an easy going person but watch out if you angered him, which is what this man had done and his fingers twitched at his side ad he levelled his cool gaze on the elven hunter. “[COLOR="black"]You are lucky I am not at home in my father’s Kingdom, you would be wise to treat the lady with more respect as the gentlemen suggested. I am more easy-going than most, but you do not know me[/COLOR].”

He could see the man trembling softly under both his and Ravyn’s gaze but he was not finished yet not by a long shot, “[COLOR="black"]Are you so sure I am Vampire? What if I am more? What if I was a breed you had never come across, have you ever seen a Vampire like me? When Whisper came across me I was not feasting on blood but an apple, I am tanned, and look even as we speak the sun is rising but I am not concerned[/COLOR].”

The hunter looked back at the sun cresting over the horizon, coloring the sky softly with hues of mauve, and blue as it began to light the morning sky. The hunter responded first to Ravyn, and it was not with much respect but then he was the head of the hunters that guarded the town at night to keep creatures like Finvarra out while the town slept.

“[COLOR="seagreen"]I answer to your Father Ravyn, and it is to your father I go now, boy, you may be his son but you are not chieftain yet, and the girl is the Shamans daughter and should know better than to sneak off and bring home a vampire, both of your parents will hear of this from me. My job is to protect this town and when it comes to that my word is law.[/COLOR]” He shifted softly uncomfortable from Finvarra’s set down, it was obvious to the hunter who had missed his introduction, that he was a man regardless of what he was, who was used to being obeyed without question a person of rank for sure.

“[COLOR="seagreen"]You will be watched, I do not care what you are, and you are vampire no matter what you might be cross bread with to make you immune to such things as the sun. Tread carefully vampire we will not hesitate to remove you from this world should you harm the villagers in any way[/COLOR].” With that he strode off towards Ravyn’s home.

As the hunter strode away Finvarra sighed softly, he hated getting all royal like that but the man had angered him, the stupid hunter was lucky he was not encased in ice for his disrespect. “[COLOR="black"]Well that was fun, come on let’s get Miss Trouble inside so we can get to know each other better[/COLOR]” with that said he pinched Ravyn’s ass and turned to the open window and chuckled softly He was going to have fun here

Sign in to follow this